• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, do people still think Sanchez is better than Stafford?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Stafford completed 12-of-14 passes for 200 yards and two touchdowns in the Lions' third preseason game Saturday night.

He hooked up with Nate Burleson (nine yards) and Tony Scheffler (22 yards) for the scoring tosses. Through three preseason games, Stafford is 24-of-31 for 356 yards, five touchdowns, and no interceptions. That's good for a 77.4 completion rate and 11.48 YPA. Health will continue to be Stafford's biggest obstacle, but he has top-three fantasy QB potential if he stays healthy.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Freeman better than both of them personally. If Stafford outperforms Freeman in the REGULAR season then I will admit that he's better but doing well in pre-season doesn't really mean a whole lot, lets remember that Dixon was the leader rusher in pre-season last year. Lets wait til the regular season to crown him.

As for Sanchez I don't think he's that great of a QB, he's a good QB for the situation he plays in and definitely ups his game in the post season.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stafford can stay healthy, then yea I like Stafford over Dirty Sanchez. But that's a big IF.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Freeman better than both of them personally. If Stafford outperforms Freeman in the REGULAR season then I will admit that he's better but doing well in pre-season doesn't really mean a whole lot, lets remember that Dixon was the leader rusher in pre-season last year. Lets wait til the regular season to crown him.

As for Sanchez I don't think he's that great of a QB, he's a good QB for the situation he plays in and definitely ups his game in the post season.

I'm not crowning him, but the eyeball test shows that Stafford is much superior to Sanchez.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stafford can stay healthy, then yea I like Stafford over Dirty Sanchez. But that's a big IF.

Dude never missed a game in high school or college. I think those injuries were anomalies more than anything else.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude never missed a game in high school or college. I think those injuries were anomalies more than anything else.

I hope so. I wanna see what the Lions can do when he plays an entire season.
They'd actually be fun to watch.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I like a lot of their players - Best, Johnson, Young. They'll do well if Stafford stays healthy.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree

the Lions could finally make the super bowl

how awesome would that be??

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Clyde, you started this thread about a month too early. You're really gonna say Stafford > Sanchez because of a preseason game when Sanchez has aready won 4 playoff games & has a 100+ postseason passer rating?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently the Lions offensive line has been playing better, their line was part of why Stafford kept getting injured.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde, you started this thread about a month too early. You're really gonna say Stafford > Sanchez because of a preseason game when Sanchez has aready won 4 playoff games & has a 100+ postseason passer rating?

Absolutely. I started this thread their rookie seasons, their sophomore seasons, and now their junior seasons. Staff > Dirty.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I know you did, but let's not do something silly like cite preseasno numbers to back up your claim.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I started this thread their rookie seasons, their sophomore seasons, and now their junior seasons. Staff > Dirty.

I just want to see Stafford perform like this in the regular season before I say he's better than Sanchez.

I've already raise Freeman above both of them just because of how he played last year, he was consistently good an IMO should have went to the pro bowl.

What sets Sanchez apart is how he's played in the post season to date. He's definitely raised his game during the post season.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you did, but let's not do something silly like cite preseasno numbers to back up your claim.

Kinda like the claim you just made about Watt? And I'm not the one who listed preseason numbers, Roto did.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see Stafford perform like this in the regular season before I say he's better than Sanchez.

I've already raise Freeman above both of them just because of how he played last year, he was consistently good an IMO should have went to the pro bowl.

What sets Sanchez apart is how he's played in the post season to date. He's definitely raised his game during the post season.

He did though. In the 3 games he played in last year he had 6 TDs to only 1 INT.

I will give it up to Freeman, though. He has looked much better than I thought he would at this early stage. I thought he was the biggest project out of all three of them.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Well said Dub. I remember the days when Travis Jervey used to look like Barry Sanders during the preseason. I still think Sanchez is better than Stafford and we will see by season's end why I feel this way. Dub might be right though in that Freeman might be better than them both.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's well known that Bingo is a Stafford hater, so his opinion doesn't count! :)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, it's well known that Bingo is a Stafford hater, so his opinion doesn't count! :)

LOL. I don't hate Stafford man. As a matter of fact, he might be my starter in our Hoopster's league. I always liked him, the only thing I questioned was his "decision making" while in Georgia. He had Moreno, Green, Masoquoia, etc. and still had the audacity to throw 4ints games...as if he didn't care or simply couldn't read/decipher defenses in an expeditious manner.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please. We all know Terrelle Pryor will be your starting QB in Monsters. Cam Newton in Sharks.