• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack Talk Thread

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you call someone a homer for having a legit opinion that is shared by a majority of people outside of Redskin fandom, don't expect me to treat you as if you aren't doing anything other than provoke.

Having said that, I never spoke to any moderator about you.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you call someone a homer for having a legit opinion that is shared by a majority of people outside of Redskin fandom, don't expect me to treat you as if you aren't doing anything other than provoke.

Having said that, I never spoke to any moderator about you.

If referring to your subjective perspectives, which were often unsubstantiated, as "homer" makes you feel as though you're being provoked, then apachef4 is on to something.

Is there other nomenclature you prefer?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If referring to your subjective perspectives, which were often unsubstantiated, as "homer" makes you feel as though you're being provoked, then apachef4 is on to something.

Is there other nomenclature you prefer?

i dont have an issue with being called a homer . i am

like i said i dont think you camp out here instigating and ruining threads

and that is the only trolling i care about . the nonstop badgering 24-7 with the silliness, the fake names and hijacking of threads

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have to take an opinion that anyone could have whether they are a Redskin fan or not, and label it homerism to prop up your opinion or try to lessen the opinion of someone else. Then you come into the conversation in a position of weakness to begin with.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont have an issue with being called a homer . i am

So, you are incapable of looking at the team objectively because you are a fan? I haven't picked that up from you.

If you thought RG3 was better than Luck, would you say that it's just because you are a fan of this team?

If someone used that as their argument against you, would you go along with it?

Attractive and Rich

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it odd that people are so much higher on RG3 than Wilson....

Wilson was a top five QB at the end of the season. If he continues that type of play into this season - with some decent weapons now that we have added Percy Harvin - the sky is the limit.

Take a peek at this interesting table I found courtesy of Bill Barnwell -
Screen_Shot_2013-07-17_at_11.26.49_AM.png

From Week 10 on - Wilson was the best. No doubt about it. Took some time to adjust but hopefully he will hop right on the horse this season. RG3 is a nice player, this is nothing against him at all. I would have him over Luck any day.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you are incapable of looking at the team objectively because you are a fan? I haven't picked that up from you.

If you thought RG3 was better than Luck, would you say that it's just because you are a fan of this team?

If someone used that as their argument against you, would you go along with it?

you and i went round and round about LBF and pass coverage . most people would say my position is homeristic :whistle::cheer2:

i do truly have a homeristic gene and i am ok with that :suds:

sure i try to be realistic and objective like say luck and wilson . my objective side would say you cant go wrong with either but i love RG3

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you and i went round and round about LBF and pass coverage . most people would say my position is homeristic :whistle::cheer2:

i do truly have a homeristic gene and i am ok with that :suds:

sure i try to be realistic and objective like say luck and wilson . my objective side would say you cant go wrong with either but i love RG3

In that case, BIS can try to argue with you and use that term accurately then. :) You've experienced first hand that I have no problem being critical of players on this team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case, BIS can try to argue with you and use that term accurately then. :) You've experienced first hand that I have no problem being critical of players on this team.

its ok warpath you arent a homer :suds:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it odd that people are so much higher on RG3 than Wilson....

Wilson was a top five QB at the end of the season. If he continues that type of play into this season - with some decent weapons now that we have added Percy Harvin - the sky is the limit.

Take a peek at this interesting table I found courtesy of Bill Barnwell -
Screen_Shot_2013-07-17_at_11.26.49_AM.png

From Week 10 on - Wilson was the best. No doubt about it. Took some time to adjust but hopefully he will hop right on the horse this season. RG3 is a nice player, this is nothing against him at all. I would have him over Luck any day.

top 5 qb really ? i dont think so however wilson will be in short order

Attractive and Rich

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9.3 yards per attempt - insanity considering the guys he was throwing the ball to. Look at the Seahawks scoring numbers in the second half + playoffs. Out of this world - number one offense.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barking up the wrong tree. You keep Wilson skins keep griffin and everyone's happy, not sure what the point is other than Wilson's numbers were better after week 10. Schedule is 16 weeks last time I checked.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have to take an opinion that anyone could have whether they are a Redskin fan or not, and label it homerism to prop up your opinion or try to lessen the opinion of someone else. Then you come into the conversation in a position of weakness to begin with.

First of all, that's not what I did. Like I said before, take the emotion out of it and you'd understand that.

Secondly, it's not that serious. It's sports talk on the internet.

Attractive and Rich

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barking up the wrong tree. You keep Wilson skins keep griffin and everyone's happy, not sure what the point is other than Wilson's numbers were better after week 10. Schedule is 16 weeks last time I checked.

Fair enough Kevin. Just thought it was an interesting discussion point in a boring offseason. Wilson elevated his play second half of the season - was a completely different player. That is why the late season stat look.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my objective side would say you cant go wrong with either but i love RG3

And mine said both are very good QBs with the potential to be great.

But I think Luck was asked to do more, with less, last year and going forward I'd probably go with him because more traditional QBs last longer in the NFL.

I also noted that both Luck and Griffin can have great careers and nothing is wrong with that.

Apparently that doesn't sit well with some :noidea:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough Kevin. Just thought it was an interesting discussion point in a boring offseason. Wilson elevated his play second half of the season - was a completely different player. That is why the late season stat look.
Yea the offseason sucks. I was thinking before the trade up to get griffin that Wilson would be a nice 3rd or 4th round pick. No doubt he's good and I like him

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, that's not what I did. Like I said before, take the emotion out of it and you'd understand that.

Agreed. Haven't visited the rangers site yet did Dumpy make the leap over to SportsHoopla?

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Haven't visited the rangers site yet did Dumpy make the leap over to SportsHoopla?

Looks like he did awhile ago...

...and got banned awhile ago.

That's our Dump. :L

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson also had zero targets injured the entire time he played, while rg3 lost Garçon for half the year, didn't play one game in the last ten, lost fred Davis for the entire second half of the year, and basically put up those numbers on one leg.

Russell Wilson played well, but isn't all that. Too short, not enough of an arm, not very accurate. He'll definitely be exposed this year, IMO.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly what you did