• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slaton10 Musings Week 7

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERY team not named ND, OSU, Alabama has recruiting issues at times. I put more stock in a radius of 150 miles around a school as their local area than just state borders. Who is more likely to be interested in WVU? The kid from Washington, PA or the kid from Lewisburg, WVa? There is a ton of talent in Western PA and Eastern OH who love WVU football. WVa HS football has been on a major upswing the last several years, and quite a few kids from in state are opting to play elsewhere. Like every most every other team, we seem to be tapping Florida for our skill kids, and relying on kids from elsewhere for everything else. Holgorsen has been learning and is doing a good job the last two years, hence he still has the job. BB just HAD to open up the can of worms........

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton needs to wake his ass up! That boy is still sleeping, and its gameday!

DAD, you said WVU could recruit with the big boys given the right circumstances. That was opening the can, and everyone knows I'm right. Dana was not given the chance to recruit under the right circumstances.

While there are some kids in OH and PA who love WVU, there are many more who are the best from OH who love tOSU and have always dreamt of playing for tOSU. There are many kids from PA who are the best from PA who love Pitt or love PSU, and have dreamt of only playing for Pitt or PSU.

When those schools aren't interested in them, they they consider other options... one of many being WVU.

Again, all fans need to understand this situation so they can support the program going forward. We won't be special as a program if we fail to all buy in.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD, you said WVU could recruit with the big boys given the right circumstances. That was opening the can, and everyone knows I'm right. Dana was not given the chance to recruit under the right circumstances.
????? The constant excuses are getting long in the tooth. Holgorsen is learning his job, is progressing as a HC. Trying to blame losses on Pastilong, Stewart, or Lyons is ridiculous, trying to say Lyons not extending a 500 coach until it is proven he is making progress as an excuse is foolish. Lyons made the correct, prudent move, Holgorsen is in the top half of "power 5" coaches in salary, is in the top half of the B12 in salary. My dad tought me that if you want to make more money, do a better job than anyone else and the raise will come, NOT the other way around!!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the game Saturday, you going to be there brother? I am bringing the Shine! Cherry Flavored!
Just saw the invite. Wife and another buddy bailed on me. Got an extra ticket could be there before the band.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made it to the turnover fest.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????? The constant excuses are getting long in the tooth. Holgorsen is learning his job, is progressing as a HC. Trying to blame losses on Pastilong, Stewart, or Lyons is ridiculous, trying to say Lyons not extending a 500 coach until it is proven he is making progress as an excuse is foolish. Lyons made the correct, prudent move, Holgorsen is in the top half of "power 5" coaches in salary, is in the top half of the B12 in salary. My dad tought me that if you want to make more money, do a better job than anyone else and the raise will come, NOT the other way around!!

None of this supports your argument that Dana was recruiting under the right circumstances.

After the '15 season, Dana had a record of 36-28. That is 8 games above .500.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this supports your argument that Dana was recruiting under the right circumstances.

After the '15 season, Dana had a record of 36-28. That is 8 games above .500.
that's 4 games above 500..........