• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simulation league looking for 3 owners

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone,
I've been part of an awesome Fantasy league for 20 years now, since day 1 of it actually. A simulation league based on current, real time stats. It's easily the best baseball league I've ever been a part of, and most of the owners have been involved for a decade or longer, many have been so satisfied, we've all be there since day one! You control an entire team's opening day roster, including it's AAA affiliate, and yes, AAA players and their stats, can be used in the simulation! Every player can be traded among owners, also including the AAA players.

A full 162 game schedule is played, resulting in divsion winners and wild cards, the same as in real life. Then playoffs are alos simulated, based on the players end of regular season MLB stats, to determine a WS winner.

Prizes start for divisional winners and wild cards, and increase the further you go. There are also cash awards to those who can finish with the best winning percentage in comparison to your team's real life counterparts.

We currently have 3 openings for owners, with 4 teams to choose form. We have one dedicated owner who always chooses to select the final team left standing, guess he enjoys the challenge?
Team available are:
1. Kansas City Royals
2. Miami Marlins
3. San Diego Padres
4. Tampa Bay Rays

Anyone interested can PM me, or your welcome to check out the site, it's rules, and history here; Asfblblog Blog | Just another WordPress.com weblog

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm in. Thanks Treff! My quota of three leagues per season has been filled early this year. I should have chosen Tampa Bay, but...

Go Royals! :suds:

Now it's time to get serious and do some studying. :nod:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the second guessing begins...I just asked to switch to Tampa if it's not too late. :rollseyes:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the second guessing begins...I just asked to switch to Tampa if it's not too late. :rollseyes:

lol, well far be it from me to tell anyone what to do, but I know I'd take the Rays over the Royals. Price, Moore, Cobb, Longo, Zobrist, Jennings? Much more appealing than Gordon and Butler and then what?

I've been in this league since 1992, and I actually had the Royals that year, switched to the Braves from then on until last year when I snagged the Rangers. But the Royals will always have a soft spot in my heart. That being said, I couldn't see anyone that I wanted to go after in a trade with you if that's who you'd take ;)
Rays are a different story though, expect to be hearing from me!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, well far be it from me to tell anyone what to do, but I know I'd take the Rays over the Royals. Price, Moore, Cobb, Longo, Zobrist, Jennings? Much more appealing than Gordon and Butler and then what?

I've been in this league since 1992, and I actually had the Royals that year, switched to the Braves from then on until last year when I snagged the Rangers. But the Royals will always have a soft spot in my heart. That being said, I couldn't see anyone that I wanted to go after in a trade with you if that's who you'd take ;)
Rays are a different story though, expect to be hearing from me!

I was thinking about Hosmer, Moose, Cain and Shields besides Billy and Gordon, but I forgot Santana's gone and I also forgot about my boy Alex Cobb, not to mention Price and the rest. Oh yeah, that Wil Myers kid...he might amount to something.

Time to start thinking about baseball! :yahoo:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be afraid to ask any questions, either to me or to Jon or Leo, both are very approachable, Jon is the guy who wrote the program and generally takes a little longer to respond (and he's a Mets fan like you), but it's rare that Leo doesn't respond the same day.
The technical pages of the site do a decent job explaining everything, but I know it can be a lot.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rays are officially gone.
Team available are:
1. Kansas City Royals
2. Miami Marlins
3. San Diego Padres

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does this league's rosters reset each year?

is the league only MLB and AAA?

how much does it cost?

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does this league's rosters reset each year?

is the league only MLB and AAA?

how much does it cost?

I'll start with the easiest questions first. $100 entry fee. For some perspective, each playoff team received $125 award minimum as the award increases the further you make it in the playoffs. I believe the WS winner received $500, but don't' quote me on that since it wasn't me! And I think the team that finished with the highest winning percentage compared to its real life counterpart also received $200, and that award also scales down to a fifth place finish I believe?

Yes the league is only MLB and AAA affiliates, although, if a AA, A, or rookie baller gets promoted to AAA, or the Bigs, at any point during the season, that player is also elegible for use and/or trades. Likewise, if a player gets demoted from the Bigs or AAA to AA or below, he is also still eligible to be used, although his stats are frozen at his highest level played.

As to the roster question, I guess the simplest answer is yes, they reset every year, but your keeping every player that the real life club keeps, whether you traded them away the year before or not. And you also receive any players that the real club signs during the offseason. For example, I owned the Rangers last year, and am owning them this year. I dealt away Yu Darvish and change for Andrew McCutchen and change..a deal that did work out for me last year, but that I'm glad I have a second chance at this year, sine I'll be getting Darvish back and MCCutchen will be back with his Pirates. I do lose Ian Kinsler, but I gain Prince Fiedler..same as the real life Rangers.

I hope that answered the question and didn't confuse you even further. Even money, as sometimes I have a bad way of explaining my thought process.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to consider is that you don't HAVE to keep the team you pick this year. After the season, there's, on average, 10 teams up for a draft.
If you enter, and decide you want to play again, but not with the team you choose for this season, you simply declare yourself and your team open for the draft. The draft is held the weekend after the winter meetings conclude and is based on seniority, owners having been wit the league the longest get first pick, and so on.
The teams that were available in this years draft were:
Diamondbacks, Phillies, Astros, Rockies, Yankees, Rays, Padres, Royals, and Marlins.
We had six owners vacate teams, and only 3 owners out of 30 leave the league. not a bad turnover ratio if you ask me.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll start with the easiest questions first. $100 entry fee. For some perspective, each playoff team received $125 award minimum as the award increases the further you make it in the playoffs. I believe the WS winner received $500, but don't' quote me on that since it wasn't me! And I think the team that finished with the highest winning percentage compared to its real life counterpart also received $200, and that award also scales down to a fifth place finish I believe?

Yes the league is only MLB and AAA affiliates, although, if a AA, A, or rookie baller gets promoted to AAA, or the Bigs, at any point during the season, that player is also elegible for use and/or trades. Likewise, if a player gets demoted from the Bigs or AAA to AA or below, he is also still eligible to be used, although his stats are frozen at his highest level played.

As to the roster question, I guess the simplest answer is yes, they reset every year, but your keeping every player that the real life club keeps, whether you traded them away the year before or not. And you also receive any players that the real club signs during the offseason. For example, I owned the Rangers last year, and am owning them this year. I dealt away Yu Darvish and change for Andrew McCutchen and change..a deal that did work out for me last year, but that I'm glad I have a second chance at this year, sine I'll be getting Darvish back and MCCutchen will be back with his Pirates. I do lose Ian Kinsler, but I gain Prince Fiedler..same as the real life Rangers.

I hope that answered the question and didn't confuse you even further. Even money, as sometimes I have a bad way of explaining my thought process.

So if a guy is hitting well in AAA, then gets called up and hits .230, then gets sent down again and hits well, his stats stay frozen at the major league level?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a guy is hitting well in AAA, then gets called up and hits .230, then gets sent down again and hits well, his stats stay frozen at the major league level?
Unfortunately, yes that is correct. Once a major leaguer, always a major leaguer, at least for that season anyways. 1 plate appearance, or 1 batter faced. So AAA guy are somewhat of a double edged sword. They can save your season, but they can also leave you short handed if you bank on them too much.
Spent many hours cursing John Schierholz for bringing up pitchers to start a double header then sending them down the next day.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, yes that is correct. Once a major leaguer, always a major leaguer, at least for that season anyways. 1 plate appearance, or 1 batter faced. So AAA guy are somewhat of a double edged sword. They can save your season, but they can also leave you short handed if you bank on them too much.
Spent many hours cursing John Schierholz for bringing up pitchers to start a double header then sending them down the next day.

Man, I think I'm gonna have a blast with this. :suds:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I think I'm gonna have a blast with this. :suds:
There are days where it frustrates you to no end, sometimes the sim just doesn't go the way you'd assume it should. . In fact three years ago it seemed like that for the whole season for me. .. But overall, this league is the reasonn why I still play fantasy baseball in any form. Probably would have lost ingest in baseball altogether after that last strike.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are days where it frustrates you to no end, sometimes the sim just doesn't go the way you'd assume it should. . In fact three years ago it seemed like that for the whole season for me. .. But overall, this league is the reasonn why I still play fantasy baseball in any form. Probably would have lost ingest in baseball altogether after that last strike.

Well, I'm sure I'll get frustrated in at least one of my leagues at some point anyway; if I see that happening, maybe I'll take a page out of Joe's book and become Opposite George. :nod: