• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the SEC adopt a 9 game conference schedule?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's break this down for what it is. The ACC and SEC stick to a chickenshit no testicle 8 game conference schedule so they can play less P5 teams than the other three P5 conferences. No way to spin that ... it's a fact and it's posted on this thread for everyone to see.

Did you give yourselves a full credit for Oregon St? Because there isn't a Pac-12 team that didn't play a higher rated G5 team than that...but there are a shit ton that played one ranked lower.

That is why Washington's Massey Composite Strength of Schedule is 61 and Alabama's is 37.

Not only did you play Oregon St in conference, but you took it upon yourselves to play Rutgers, Montana and Fresno St Out of Conference.

Do you have any idea how many Mercers we would have to add to our schedule to drop from 37 to 61...and the 37 is based on us expecting to schedule the #3 team and getting an unranked FSU. What do you think you guys thought Rutgers was going to be when you scheduled them.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whores because you were willing to sell yourselves for a one and done at a neutral site rather than a home and home. FSU and USC loss all rights to complain about neutral site games when they bend over and take it when Alabama called.

USC took it good too...usually you have to pay to beat a team that bad. USC took that shit Oliver Twist style...Thank you sir, may I have another.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who could forget this ...

DkBPVC8.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, you only going to bitch about the SEC/ACC and it's 8 game, not the Pac12 and it's 9.

This what you can't seem to grasp. I'm not bitching about either. I don't care whether it's an 8 or 9 game conference schedule. I just want all P5 conferences to play the same number of games.

But you're too busy being butthurt and crying over some non-existent SEC slam that you can't understand that.

How about you wipe the tears from your eyes so you can see your computer screen and actually read and comprehend?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This what you can't seem to grasp. I'm not bitching about either. I don't care whether it's an 8 or 9 game conference schedule. I just want all P5 conferences to play the same number of games.

But you're too busy being butthurt and crying over some non-existent SEC slam that you can't understand that.

How about you wipe the tears from your eyes so you can see your computer screen and actually read and comprehend?

Really?

You realize that 3 of the 5 conferences play a 9 game schedule, right? Perhaps the SEC and ACC should consider joining the current trend.

Of course, that would cut down on each conferences guaranteed wins, so we know they won't have the balls to do it.

Suck a dick. You are the one who lacks the balls.

giphy.gif

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

Suck a dick. You are the one who lacks the balls.

giphy.gif

I was responding to directly to a specific post. If you had any ability to read and comprehend, you'd have been able to understand that.

Instead, once again you've embarrassed yourself. Probably time for you to cry and leave the boards in a huff again like the 15 year old girl you are.

Last edited:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was responding to directly to a specific post. If you had any ability to read and comprehend, you'd have been able to understand that.

So you didn't mean it?

Grow some balls and own something for once.

Instead, once again you've embarrassed yourself. Probably time for you to cry and leave the boards in a huff again like the 15 year old girl you are.

^backed into a corner confirmed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you didn't mean it?

Grow some balls and own something for once.

^backed into a corner confirmed.

There was nothing to own moron. I was responding to a specific post in the same manner the post I was responding to was made.

So again, you have embarrassed yourself with your lack of ability to read and comprehend.

You should probably cry more.

And I'm not backed into anything. We all know you melted down and stormed off the boards in a huff like a 15 year old girl swearing to never return because people were picking on the SEC. You should probably own that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing to own moron. I was responding to a specific post in the same manner the post I was responding to was made.

So again, you have embarrassed yourself with your lack of ability to read and comprehend.

You should probably cry more.

So the person you responded to had you so triggered you just decided to make some stuff up in response that you didn't really mean?

And I'm not backed into anything. We all know you melted down and stormed off the boards in a huff like a 15 year old girl swearing to never return because people were picking on the SEC. You should probably own that.

Yeah, 4 years ago when I first came here I contemplated leaving the forums because of the trolling. And in the end I decided fuck it - I'd start dishing it back and have.

Big fucking deal, nobody cares.

And since that day, every time you get your tits twisted you bring it up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, 4 years ago when I first came here I contemplated leaving the forums because of the trolling. And in the end I decided fuck it - I'd start dishing it back and have.

Big fucking deal, nobody cares.

And since that day, every time you get your tits twisted you bring it up.

Nope I bring it up because it shows what a little 15 year old girl you are. That's why you always resort to your one little "cry more" trick. You get yourself into debates that your piss poor reading and comprehension skills can't follow and have no other responses.

Face it. You like to call others crybabies and you're the biggest crybaby on the boards.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope I bring it up because it shows what a little 15 year old girl you are. That's why you always resort to your one little "cry more" trick. You get yourself into debates that your piss poor reading and comprehension skills can't follow and have no other responses.

Face it. You like to call others crybabies and you're the biggest crybaby on the boards.

Feel free to call me out on the Pac12 does this or that thread.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neutral sites are by invite. If you don't get invited, you have no choice but to schedule home and homes.

Very few turn them down when offered.
Still kudos to Auburn for having the gonads for "scheduling a home and home series with Penn State in 2021/2022 and Cal in 2023/2024." I would like to know how many PAC 12 teams would turn down a home and home series with the SEC?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still kudos to Auburn for having the gonads for "scheduling a home and home series with Penn State in 2021/2022 and Cal in 2023/2024."

They played the toughest schedule in football this year.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL? The ACC has 14 members vs the PAC's 12. The ACC plays an 8 game conference schedule leaving them with 4 OOC games vs the PAC's 9 game conference schedule and 3 OOC games.

This is from 2016.

ACC Atlantic
BC - 8 conference games = 8 P5
Clemson - 8 conference games + Auburn, SCAR = 10 P5
FSU - 8 conference games + Ole Miss, UF = 10 P5
Louisville - 8 conference games + Kentucky = 9 P5
NC State - 8 conference games + ND = 9 P5
Syracuse - 8 conference games + ND = 9 P5
WF - 8 conference games + Indiana = 9 P5

ACC Coastal
Duke - 8 conference games + Northwestern, ND = 10 P5
GT - 8 conference games + Vandy, UGA = 10 P5
Miami - 8 conference games + ND = 9 P5
North Carolina - 8 conference games + UGA, Illinois = 10 P5
Pitt - 8 conference games + Penn St., Okie St. = 10 P5
UVA - 8 conference games + Oregon = 9 P5
VT - 8 conference games + Tennessee, ND = 10 P5

Total: 132 / 14 = 9.428 P5

B1G East
Indiana - 9 conference games + WF = 10 P5
Maryland - 9 conference games = 9 P5
Michigan - 9 conference games + Colorado = 10 P5
MSU - 9 conference games + ND, BYU = 11 P5
Ohio St. - 9 conference games + Oklahoma = 10 P5
Penn St. - 9 conference games + Pitt = 10 P5
Rutgers - 9 conference games + Washington = 10 P5

B1G West
Illinois - 9 conference games + North Carolina = 10 P5
Iowa - 9 conference games + Iowa St. = 10 P5
Minnesota - 9 conference games + Oregon St. = 10 P5
Nebraska - 9 conference games + Oregon = 10 P5
Northwestern - 9 conference games + Duke = 10 P5
Purdue - 9 conference games = 9 P5
Wisconsin - 9 conference games + LSU = 10 P5

Total: 139 / 14 = 9.928 P5

Big 12
Baylor - 9 conference games = 9 P5
Iowa St. - 9 conference games + Iowa = 10 P5
Kansas - 9 conference games = 9 P5
Kansas St. - 9 conference games + Stanford = 10 P5
Oklahoma - 9 conference games + Ohio St. = 10 P5
Oklahoma St. - 9 conference games + Pitt = 10 P5
TCU - 9 conference games + Arkansas = 10 P5
Texas - 9 conference games + ND, Cal = 11 P5
TT - 9 conference games + Arizona St. = 10 P5
WVU - 9 conference games + Missouri, BYU = 11 P5

Total: 100 / 10 = 10 P5

PAC North
Cal - 9 conference games + Texas = 10 P5
Stanford - 9 conference games + Kansas St., ND = 11 P5
Oregon - 9 conference games + Virginia, Nebraska = 11 P5
Oregon St. - 9 conference games + Minny = 10 P5
Washington - 9 conference games + Rutgers = 10 P5
Washington St. - 9 conference games = 9 P5

PAC South
Arizona - 9 conference games + BYU = 10 P5
Arizona St. - 9 conference games + TT = 10 P5
Colorado - 9 conference games + Michigan = 10 P5
Utah - 9 conference games + BYU = 10 P5
UCLA - 9 conference games + TAMU, BYU = 11 P5
USC - 9 conference games + Alabama, ND = 11 P5

Total: 123 / 12 = 10.25 P5

SEC East
UF - 8 conference games + FSU = 9 P5
UGA - 8 conference games + North Carolina, GT = 10 P5
UK - 8 conference games + Louisville = 9 P5
Mizzou - 8 conference games + WVU = 9 P5
SCAR - 8 conference games + Clemson = 9 P5
UT - 8 conference games + VT = 9 P5
Vandy - 8 conference games + GT = 9 P5

SEC West
Alabama - 8 conference games + USC = 9 P5
Arkansas - 8 conference games + TCU = 9 P5
Auburn - 8 conference games + Clemson = 9 P5
LSU - 8 conference games + Wiscy = 9 P5
Miss. St. - 8 conference games + BYU = 9 P5
Ole Miss - 8 conference games + FSU = 9 P5
TAMU - 8 conference games + UCLA = 9 P5

Total: 127 / 14 = 9.071 P5

But you and your entire league are missing the point.

You have a committee to impress and that committee wants to know how you stack up
vs the rest of the country. You can't show them that by playing another Pac12 school.

Being a regional power and being a national power is two different issues.

Just because you've added Utah or Colorado isn't going to impress anybody.

You guys keep getting left out because you don't get out and play other good teams.
I wrote that about the Big10. You are trying to hide yourself from good national
teams by scheduling some twit like Utah or Colorado from your own conference.

We can ague, bitch, moan and groan all day long but the proof is in the pudding.
The playoff teams are ACC-Big12-SEC-SEC. And as written elsewhere, It's your
own fault by caving into Slive at the outset. You folks and the Big10 wanted the 4
Best Conf Champs into the playoffs. Slive (SEC) wanted the 4 Best teams. You
people didn't know how to make the proper argument and you gave into him.

No offense to anybody, but the first CFB game I ever watched in person I was
9 years old. My father took me to see Syracuse vs Colgate in 1956. I have
watched these polls, committees, computers and gypsies reading tea leaves for
61 years. These M-fkers want to decide this shit in backrooms. They want to
control the narrative.

In College Basketball when Marquette defeats Kentucky in the 2nd round they advance
to the sweet 16. In CFB, they want it and they have it that if Marquette defeats
Kentucky and they "think" Kentucky is better, they advance Kentucky. (Fuck Marquette)

Slive envisioned 4 16-team Super Conferences. Each with a CCG...then the semis and then
the NC game. That never came about so we were stuck 5 Leagues. They regulated the
old Big East to 2nd class status with the stroke of a pen.

The Pac12 and the Big10 had Slive right where they wanted him and let the SEC off the
hook. The ACC was never involved in any of the initial meetings because it was believed
that FSU/Clemson/Miami and maybe VPI would bolt to the Big12, if offered and leave the
rest of the Lacrosse/Basketball and Field Hockey lovers to their own intermural grounds.

This is just whining now. No doubt tomorrow it will be Saban colluded with the Russians.
Or the Russians have infiltrated the committee.

Washington's first 6 games this year were against @ Rutgers, vs Montana, vs Fresno St,
vs Colorado, @ Oregon State and vs California. There is only 1 FBS team in that 6 with a
winning record (Fresno State). Our first 7 games were against Bowl teams. If we had
played Washington's schedule, we could have lost our QB and half of our starters and still
been 6-0 and #3 in the country. You guys and the Big10 are the one's playing with smoke and
mirrors, not us. We are not going to cheapen our schedules by adding some conference member
lightweight like a Virginia or UNC.

We didn't add Rutgers or Oregon State to our schedule we added Alabama and they added Florida
State. You want to be considered then I would suggest you make the call.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whores because you were willing to sell yourselves for a one and done at a neutral site rather than a home and home. FSU and USC loss all rights to complain about neutral site games when they bend over and take it when Alabama called.

We played you people home and home and wanted to extend that. You folks were the one's that refused.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still kudos to Auburn for having the gonads for "scheduling a home and home series with Penn State in 2021/2022 and Cal in 2023/2024." I would like to know how many PAC 12 teams would turn down a home and home series with the SEC?
Auburn also had the balls to play a home and home with SC in 02/03,Gotta give Auburn credit for the home and home

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that would be difficult...not exactly a whole lot of open November dates on a MWC schedule.

We never fill our schedule much more than 3 years out...if Boise wants a game, maybe they shouldn't fill theirs up for the next six years. Quit bitching about nobody playing you when your schedule is full through 3 recruiting cycles. By the time you have an open date, the player we recruit this year will be gone and the player that we recruit to replace him and the player we recruit to replace that guy will be in the NFL. Shit, by then Boise could be back in the Big Sky.

To be honest, Boise isn't in the business of doing sucker games as the perpetual visitor. Go hire your hookers, Tide.

Boise has always been willing to travel, but unlike the cuties that Alabama cruises for, our team has finally reached the point were it gets treated as an equal. Your snide remark about the Big Sky actually proves my point. Our neighboring school to the North, Idaho, has been willing to sell itself out as the bum of the week for too long. The program has been backsliding steadily, but Boise's strategy has succeeded beyond it's fans wildest dreams. Boise now has home and homes coming up with Florida St., Oklahoma St, Michigan St., several PAC 12 schools, and a lot more. It's patently obvious that your fine school has no intention of changing the pattern that they've followed for two decades. Other schools are willing to play us, but the SEC would rather hire cupcakes than travel. So be sure to give a nice tip to Mercer, and the other beauties with whom you've developed such profitable relationships. They've earned it. Without them you wouldn't be in the playoffs. :dhd: