• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Jets and Eagles work out a trade around Sam Bradford?

Does this make sense in theory

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they see a route to the SB/playoffs under Bradford/Daniel or they wouldn't have basically punted/mortgaged 2016 to get Wentz presumably. 2016 is a punt year unless the NFC East is just awful again.

In that case there is no use for Wilkerson.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no route to the SB with the current roster, the team is transitioning clearly. But playoffs? Quite possible in NFC East.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case there is no use for Wilkerson.
As I outlined earlier, the math indicates, barring massive bloodletting, this hypothetical trade works if the Eagles extend Wilkerson contingent to the success of the trade.

Wilkerson would not be a 1 year deal in this scenario and was would have a low year 1 cap hit most likely. Cox is likely in a similar boat, but moving Chase Daniel in 2017 pretty much ensures the cap for Cox will still exist; Wilkerson and Cox can both exist together.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilkerson isn't going to get much of an extension (at least not at the numbers he's going to want) coming off of his issues. I would think he would rather wait until free agency at this point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will say this does seem to lower the value of the other QB's on the market like Hoyer and Fitzpatrick. The more supply there is the cheaper the demand. So I can't see Hoyer or Fitzpatrick being too happy with this info.

I also don't blame Bradford for being upset. The team pays him big bucks looking like they are committing to him to then pull the rug from under him by trading a ton of draft capital to get his replacement. I could definitely see the Broncos (wanting to only pay Kaepernick around $7 million a year which is what they would have to pay Bradford if his deal stayed the same), Jets, and a few other QB needy teams.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I outlined earlier, the math indicates, barring massive bloodletting, this hypothetical trade works if the Eagles extend Wilkerson contingent to the success of the trade.

Wilkerson would not be a 1 year deal in this scenario and was would have a low year 1 cap hit most likely. Cox is likely in a similar boat, but moving Chase Daniel in 2017 pretty much ensures the cap for Cox will still exist; Wilkerson and Cox can both exist together.

I would love having both Dlinemen, but what I was referring to is the fact that their prime years would be wasted without a QB. Now by the time a QB is good enough (and would need a contract of their own) you are into the bigger money years for both Cox and Wilkerson.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is so upset, he said might just stay healthy all year forcing the Eagles to lose a top ten draft pick in next years draft.