• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles Fire Nick Sirianni?

Should Philly Fire Sirianni?

• Total voters

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hoping riveria gets hired as dc.it will lead to more philly defense futility.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With both coordinators getting the boot, Looks like Siri is safe in Philly.

Still, if Sirianni will be on a short least next season, what is the point of bringing him back (ala Staley).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With both coordinators getting the boot, Looks like Siri is safe in Philly.

Still, if Sirianni will be on a short least next season, what is the point of bringing him back (ala Staley).
Sounds like he proved his worth as a head coach. Now just needs to prove he has a deeper network to stay in the role. Steichen and Gannon were good hires. Desai and Johnson were not. He needs to get veteran coaches that can can call plays. I'd go for Jim Caldwell on offense. He would get Hurts back on track.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he proved his worth as a head coach. Now just needs to prove he has a deeper network to stay in the role. Steichen and Gannon were good hires. Desai and Johnson were not. He needs to get veteran coaches that can can call plays. I'd go for Jim Caldwell on offense. He would get Hurts back on track.
Did he hire the previous coordinators or were those Roseman hires?

That's always the risk of hiring a coach that doesn't actually call plays on offense/defense--can he hire good coordinators. Dan Campbell is about to find out just how hard it is.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he hire the previous coordinators or were those Roseman hires?

That's always the risk of hiring a coach that doesn't actually call plays on offense/defense--can he hire good coordinators. Dan Campbell is about to find out just how hard it is.
He brought Gannon with him from the Colts. He worked with Steichen on the Chargers. They were his guys. Don't let that one moron convince you that the Eagles front office is meddlesome. Roseman is too wise for all that, but he does look ahead. Brian Johnson really failed all of them last year.

Campbell has a more veteran QB, that has seen way more defenses, so he won't have the same problem on offense replacing Ben Johnson as the Eagles did replacing Shane Steichen.

Also Nick didn't have much time to get guys last year, he was in the Super Bowl and most coaches had jobs already.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many coordinators can Sirianni go through and keep his gig? What a joke lol

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many coordinators can Sirianni go through and keep his gig? What a joke lol
He probably only gets one more year before he's sent packing (barring a good playoff run). The SB got him some slack, but it sure looks like he's gonna be on a short leash this coming season.

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on a different forum brought up a possible trade sending Hurts to Chicago for Fields. Not sure what would be added to make the deal work out. Can't imagine the Eagles doing this but some say, Hurts has lost the locker room in Philly?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on a different forum brought up a possible trade sending Hurts to Chicago for Fields. Not sure what would be added to make the deal work out. Can't imagine the Eagles doing this but some say, Hurts has lost the locker room in Philly?
Went through my mind as an offseason GM and I don't even think Fields can win, but if I can get out of a contract that suddenly seems more iffy and get some high draft picks you have to wonder a little. If my OC has to be the whole brains of the operation anyway I might be able to get away with Fields.

Probably have to trade AJ Brown too though because that's a waste when Fields can't really throw.

How much would the Bears give up for this swap of Bust for Super Bowl QB?

Ultimately, I think it ends up being easier to just ride Hurts and play the current hand.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Hurts has lost the locker room (debatable), do you really trade Hurts for a worse version of Hurts that is due to have a new contract himself? If I'm the eagles, Hard pass. In fact, I might block the Bears' GM phone number after that.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went through my mind as an offseason GM and I don't even think Fields can win, but if I can get out of a contract that suddenly seems more iffy and get some high draft picks you have to wonder a little. If my OC has to be the whole brains of the operation anyway I might be able to get away with Fields.

Probably have to trade AJ Brown too though because that's a waste when Fields can't really throw.

How much would the Bears give up for this swap of Bust for Super Bowl QB?

Ultimately, I think it ends up being easier to just ride Hurts and play the current hand.
I'm thinking you have to ride out Hurts and see if he bounces back. I kinda thought he was playing injured for a good chunk of the season. Won't be surprised if he has to get some procedure on his knee. Also, the play calling was so predictable and defenses figured it out fairly quickly. Hurts definitely took a step back but I think he's better than what we saw at the end of the year. Fields is just not even close and would be a terrible move by Philly. Fixing the defense has to be the top priority.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would the Bears take on 255M and more to the point, would the eagles take the 110M cap hit.

fluff stuff

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like all signs point to Vic Fangio being the new DC. I guess I’m overall positive on that. The home run for me would have been a change in philosophy. Most teams run that bend don’t break stuff. I think there’s a bit of an edge in being different and running a more aggressive scheme. At the same time, if this is their organizational philosophy to play keep it in front of you and rally to tackle then they got an experienced and successful DC to do that.

More importantly, you can’t fake it on defense. The Eagles need better personnel at all three levels of the defense for any scheme to work.

Now on to the OC… I would say Reich would be my bet. My choice would be Bienemy.

The press conference today… Oy

Just confirmed what we already knew. Nick Sirianni is a vibes and culture guy. That’s it. He’s happy to have a job and that’s what the organization wants. They want a Yes Man. Sirianni is a puppet. When you’re only hiring puppets it doesn’t matter if Vrabel or Belichick, or Harbaugh, or the ghost of Vince Lombardi is available. You just keep your monkey in place.

Sirianni looks like a cuck coming out of that press conference. He has no role on the defense and the new OC will be the “head coach” of the offense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like all signs point to Vic Fangio being the new DC. I guess I’m overall positive on that. The home run for me would have been a change in philosophy. Most teams run that bend don’t break stuff. I think there’s a bit of an edge in being different and running a more aggressive scheme. At the same time, if this is their organizational philosophy to play keep it in front of you and rally to tackle then they got an experienced and successful DC to do that.

More importantly, you can’t fake it on defense. The Eagles need better personnel at all three levels of the defense for any scheme to work.

Now on to the OC… I would say Reich would be my bet. My choice would be Bienemy.

The press conference today… Oy

Just confirmed what we already knew. Nick Sirianni is a vibes and culture guy. That’s it. He’s happy to have a job and that’s what the organization wants. They want a Yes Man. Sirianni is a puppet. When you’re only hiring puppets it doesn’t matter if Vrabel or Belichick, or Harbaugh, or the ghost of Vince Lombardi is available. You just keep your monkey in place.

Sirianni looks like a cuck coming out of that press conference. He has no role on the defense and the new OC will be the “head coach” of the offense.