• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles Fire Nick Sirianni?

Should Philly Fire Sirianni?

• Total voters

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone was on their knees bowing before Siriani when the Eagles were 11-1.
Now 25% of everyone wants him hung by the neck until dead?

Did Siriani suddenly make such a drastic change that he purposefully turned a D12 bulldozer into and Matchbox toy??

C'mon, It was the Bills that exposed the Eagles Offensive and defensive weakness in Game #12 and the 49ers exposed it even more in Game #13. Everyone copied them and the Eagles could not make adjustments. The OC has got to find some way to get some running out of the roster other than Jalen Hurts taking off and getting smashed around.

Siriani made the decision to make Matt Patricia the DC. When he was with the Patriots, MattyPatty was the master of ""Bend Don't Break"" . He had the pieces that would let teams drive 70 yards down the field in a 9:00 minute drive and force a FG. The Eagles are bending and breaking.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no they should not fire him.

If they underperform next season? Then yes but you gotta be careful because there is no guarantee his replacement is as good as he was.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don’t know that the spread reflects the injuries yet. Hurts and Brown were injured against the Giants, Brown significantly
I don’t think Brown is hurt very bad. I think he said For Who For What on the worst turf in the league. I think he would have been back if the game didn’t get out of hand the way it did. They’ll be at full health on offense next week.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson went to the playoffs year 1 and year 2 after the Super Bowl and missed in year 3.

:thumb:

Thanks for the correction. I don't really follow them closely. I was told by @Iggloo that Pederson was fired the season after winning the SB, but I knew that wasn't true.

I still don't see how he is more deserving of being fired than Pederson. I'm a Lions fan though. Before Campbell, I don't think we won 34 games in the previous 7-8 season! So I'd LOVE a coach that can win 34 games in 3 seasons (along with seeing the Lions in just one SB). I've probably got low expectations though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:

Thanks for the correction. I don't really follow them closelty. I was told by @Iggloo that Pederson was fired the season after winning the SB, but I knew that wasn't true.

I still don't see how he is more deserving of being fired than Pederson. I'm a Lions fan though, Before Campbell, I don't think we won 34 games in the previous 8 season! So I'd LOVE a coach that can do it in 34 seasons (along with seeing the Lions in just one SB). I've probably got low expectations though.
I’m trying to tell you: you’re assessing this the wrong way. If Nick wants to continue to be a Yes Man and they take more away from him on offense he keeps his job. If he pushes back on their plan he’s out. That’s the only reason Pederson was fired. He didn’t want to be a Yes Man anymore after having a Super Bowl on his resume.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been an eagles fan more than 40 years, and happen to be on a train to work so got my details wrong on Pederson. But there was lots of similar discussion about how you could not fire a Super Bowl coach etc and it happened. Nick frankly is infinitely more deserving than Pederson and I think anyone who still thinks this isn’t possible is out of their minds or hasn’t seen this team play in the past month and a half. If he loses next week he is getting fired period.
That isn't getting details wrong, that is being demonstrably wrong. I would be hard pressed to believe someone is even a casual fan of a team if they didn't even know how many seasons a super bowl winning coach lasted before he was fired. To say he was fired the next season would be asinine if you were a legit fan. I think you just pick up the paper once in awhile, see how your teams are doing, then just throw out hot takes on what's right or wrong with them. In other words, I think you're just full of shit tbh.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m trying to tell you: you’re assessing this the wrong way. If Nick wants to continue to be a Yes Man and they take more away from him on offense he keeps his job. If he pushes back on their plan he’s out. That’s the only reason Pederson was fired. He didn’t want to be a Yes Man anymore after having a Super Bowl on his resume.

I guess I'll just have to take you and iggloo's word for it. I don't know much about him, but he doesn't have to be a "Yes Man" to have a job in the NFL. He would be wise just to push back and see what happens. Like Pederson, he'll have another job within days, if Philly fires him (although I think Pederson took a year to get another NFL HC job). If his team melts down next season, it won't be as easy for him to get a job the following season (although he would get another HC job eventually, in my opinion).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll just have to take you and iggloo's word for it. I don't know much about him, but he doesn't have to be a "Yes Man" to have a job in the NFL.
Doug Pederson did not because he had a Super Bowl win on his resume. Nick isn’t in the same position. His offensive attack has looked poor. He opened his career with playcalling and then gave it up to Steichen. He was 2-5 at the time that decision was made. Eagles were great after that. They’ve faded offensively since he left. Nick doesn’t have the same ability to get hired again like Doug did.
He would be wise just to push back and see what happens.
He would lose his job. If that’s his desire, then that’s the move. If they fired a Super Bowl winner they’ll definitely fire Nick.
Like Pederson, he'll have another job within days, if Philly fires him (although I think Pederson took a year to get another NFL HC job).
I disagree for the reasons I laid out above.
If his team melts down next season, it won't be as easy for him to get a job the following season (although he would get another HC job eventually, in my opinion).

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree for the reasons I laid out above.

You are CRAZY if you disagree that he wouldn't be a hot, if not the hottest (depending if Harbaugh leaves Michigan or if Belichick leaves NE and wants to still coach), NFL coaching candidate on the market. With his resume and age, he would have a job by the end of the month at the latest. He would have job offers before that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't getting details wrong, that is being demonstrably wrong. I would be hard pressed to believe someone is even a casual fan of a team if they didn't even know how many seasons a super bowl winning coach lasted before he was fired. To say he was fired the next season would be asinine if you were a legit fan. I think you just pick up the paper once in awhile, see how your teams are doing, then just throw out hot takes on what's right or wrong with them. In other words, I think you're just full of shit tbh.
He was too busy reading up on how the Cowboys were doing... :D

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be pick 'em by the time they kick off.

That tells me that Vegas thinks the Eagles are the better team when they are on the road in the playoffs. Especially giving them that spread after the past 6 game results by both teams.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can buy into TB, but it appears that Vegas doesn't even agree and TB is playing a home game.

Like I said, I wouldn't be shocked by a TB win, but I think Philly is much more talented then them and will likely pull it together. I don't see them winning the game after that though.

I wouldn't be shocked by an Eagles win. But I would be mildly surprised. Their defense is in shambles and their offense will be missing their best player most likely.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Philly have a history of firing their coaches this quickly?

Asking because I don't know honestly.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tells me that Vegas thinks the Eagles are the better team when they are on the road in the playoffs. Especially giving them that spread after the past 6 game results by both teams.
It also could be Tampa -1.5...

Long time before the game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That tells me that fans/bettors see an 11 win team as better than a 9 win team.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are CRAZY if you disagree that he wouldn't be a hot, if not the hottest (depending if Harbaugh leaves Michigan or if Belichick leaves NE and wants to still coach), NFL coaching candidate on the market. With his resume and age, he would have a job by the end of the month at the latest. He would have job offers before that.
I’m not gonna argue with a hypothetical but Siriani was hired as an “offensive” guy. If the league is paying attention he hasn’t been great in that endeavor. I can’t step out on an NFL franchise not making a foolish decision but I will step out on saying that should Nick leave and go elsewhere he likely fails in that next post. There is no innovation or creativity in that offense. If you could dig in to their principles of what they do vs blitz you’d be shocked. The Siriani offensive attack has been exposed and figured out.