• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the bears have promoted Gase and released Fox?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have been fine with them choosing pace as long as the defensive coordiantor was the man with the defense, and Fangio fit that bill. Not far from Ditka Ryan.

All I am saying is Gase was not even here yet, so using promoting is the wrong term. Chosen Gase over Fox is the right analogy.

The Cutler effect started when they chose to let Greg Olsen go, simply because Cutler could not accept an apology from Olsen over remarks made towards Kristen. They got offensive guys that got fed up at not being elite with an "elite" quarterback.

The Cutler effect started when they chose to let Greg Olsen go, simply because Cutler could not accept an apology from Olsen over remarks made towards Kristen.

What the FUCK are you talking about? You fucking idiot. Holy shit.

You really should be slapped. What a dumbass. WOW... just wow.

Olsen was traded because Mike Martz was our offensive coordinator, and he did not use TE's in his scheme. He used them as an extra blocker, and used speed receivers on the outside. He needed his TE to be another blocker. Which is why they traded Olsen (who could not block), and signed Matt Spaeth. Olsen was of very little use to him, but he had trade value.

You will literally reach for ANYTHING, won't you? You fucking dope. My god... "Cutler never worked with his backups"... "The team never brought in a good backup, because Cutler feared competition"... and now this shit with Kirstin as an excuse? Where do you even get this shit dude?

Remember when you blatantly made up that story about Cutler being seen walking fine after the injury vs Washington, and it had come out that he was in a hard cast? You dishonest jerk off.

God, you drive me insane, you dickhead.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? Extra blocker? Martz ran 5 wide sets. Take off your shoes to count to 11. Thats 5 receivers, one quarterback, 5 offensive lineman. Extra blocker? There are no extras with 5 receivers running routes. His game was to force teams to man coverage and eliminate blitzes. You know, that scheme that Kurt Warner dominated in that led to the super bowl? You want to get back to Martz, he was the only coach that publicly said Cutler is not smart enough to audible on his own.

greg olsen could have thrived in the slot with Martz, who would have covered him? Every play would be an easy matchup win if we had his dominating routes and ability to catch the football. They move a safety to him and a linebacker is covering one of the other receivers.

Cutler was not going to throw him the ball and it had nothing to do with football games so there was no reason to give him 6 million a year.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's quite a reach to say as all the evidence show bears org not cutler trading olsen. I'm sure the hate will linger for years after his departure like fans still blame grossman for the sb loss.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? Extra blocker? Martz ran 5 wide sets. Take off your shoes to count to 11. Thats 5 receivers, one quarterback, 5 offensive lineman. Extra blocker? There are no extras with 5 receivers running routes. His game was to force teams to man coverage and eliminate blitzes. You know, that scheme that Kurt Warner dominated in that led to the super bowl? You want to get back to Martz, he was the only coach that publicly said Cutler is not smart enough to audible on his own.

greg olsen could have thrived in the slot with Martz, who would have covered him? Every play would be an easy matchup win if we had his dominating routes and ability to catch the football. They move a safety to him and a linebacker is covering one of the other receivers.

Cutler was not going to throw him the ball and it had nothing to do with football games so there was no reason to give him 6 million a year.
Oh My God... You have a very warped sense of what you think you know.
2009, he led the team with 60 receptions and eight touchdowns. (but Cutler wasn't going to throw him the ball?)
With Mike Martz in 2010, Olsen’s numbers dipped to 41 receptions and 5 touchdowns... MARTZ was the problem! He didn't use him correctly... he insisted on getting Brandon Manumaleuna. And used TE's as blockers in the run game, saying he wanted them to be able to take on a DE 1 on 1. Olsen couldn't do that. He also was the one who really wanted and praised ROY WILLIAMS! remember that debacle? I swear I think you have to blame everything on Cutler. You're so wrong it's comical.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh My God... You have a very warped sense of what you think you know.
2009, he led the team with 60 receptions and eight touchdowns. (but Cutler wasn't going to throw him the ball?)
With Mike Martz in 2010, Olsen’s numbers dipped to 41 receptions and 5 touchdowns... MARTZ was the problem! He didn't use him correctly... he insisted on getting Brandon Manumaleuna. And used TE's as blockers in the run game, saying he wanted them to be able to take on a DE 1 on 1. Olsen couldn't do that. He also was the one who really wanted and praised ROY WILLIAMS! remember that debacle? I swear I think you have to blame everything on Cutler. You're so wrong it's comical.

are you comparing his 2007 and 2008 numbers to 2010? What was it the same or .75 pass attempts per game difference in 2010? Martz was about to get coach killed anyway and the Olsen trade is one of the worst in Chicago Bear history.

I dont know why you are bringing stats into this conversation, it was personal. Keep Jay happy, get rid of Olsen.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you comparing his 2007 and 2008 numbers to 2010? What was it the same or .75 pass attempts per game difference in 2010? Martz was about to get coach killed anyway and the Olsen trade is one of the worst in Chicago Bear history.

I dont know why you are bringing stats into this conversation, it was personal. Keep Jay happy, get rid of Olsen.
What the F are you Talking About???? You know nothing. Zero. As the premiere authoritarian on all things Jay Cutler- This idea of a Cutler/Olsen riff is pure and utter made up BULLSHIT. This never happened. No such thing. Ladies and gentleman...I give you Lord of All Thing Stupid: AI.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, you dope... he didn't use TE's as apart of his passing scheme. Which is why he wanted TE's like Manamaleuna and Matt Spaeth. So they could block in short yardage and on the goal line.

You want to get back to Martz, he was the only coach that publicly said Cutler is not smart enough to audible on his own.

You just spew stupid bull shit. You take shit, and spin it in your direction. Mike Martz never said that, but nice try you fucking fool. My god... Are you fucking pathological? You really live in your own world.

Mike Martz felt differently and wasn't willing to alter his scheme. I also love how you and your simple little mind think NFL football is that simple; "Yeah, just have him run over the middle and no one will stop him!"... Fucking GENIUS! Yeah, like no one ever thought of that before!

Olsen received a HUGE amount of targets from Cutler prior to 2010 when Martz stepped in. Then poof.... his targets are cut down from 108 to 70. WHAT A FUCKING COINCIDENCE, HUH AI? It seems as though the only variable between Olsen's target drop off is Mike Martz... because under Turner, he led the team in targets. 108 of them, and from the same QB that would only then throw to him 70 times. Hmm... I wonder what fucking happened there!

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olsen and Cutler were friends, they took their ladies out together I think it was Greg Olsens wife that hooked j up with kirsten? We can blame global warming and inflation on #6 also. You haters give the man too much power.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the F are you Talking About???? You know nothing. Zero. As the premiere authoritarian on all things Jay Cutler- This idea of a Cutler/Olsen riff is pure and utter made up BULLSHIT. This never happened. No such thing. Ladies and gentleman...I give you Lord of All Thing Stupid: AI.

It's unbelievable. This is not the first time he's blatantly lied about shit on here to prove a point.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olsen and Cutler were friends, they took their ladies out together I think it was Greg Olsens wife that hooked j up with kirsten? We can blame global warming and inflation on #6 also. You haters give the man too much power.

There is more than one source out there that claim what happened, not just me. Brandon Marshall was fine here until he refused to take the blame for another errant throw. The only consistency that happened here was when a player got on Jay's bad side. Its just conversation that is right in front of someone paying attention.

Its like dealing with two year olds throwing temper tantrums around here with all the f bombs used to sound like big shit around here. When its finally over, you look back and figure it out, or you throw tantrums. Save it for the regular season.

Go look at the Olsen stats, one big year, the other three were consistent. Martz did not allow audibles, the offense was read and react based on which side the DB was covering the receiver. Those are facts, but some just along for the ride on the sidelines here to know they are incorrect. Post MArtz with the coach killer, a player like Olsen has proven tough to replace.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more than one source out there that claim what happened, not just me. Brandon Marshall was fine here until he refused to take the blame for another errant throw. The only consistency that happened here was when a player got on Jay's bad side. Its just conversation that is right in front of someone paying attention.

Its like dealing with two year olds throwing temper tantrums around here with all the f bombs used to sound like big shit around here. When its finally over, you look back and figure it out, or you throw tantrums. Save it for the regular season.

Go look at the Olsen stats, one big year, the other three were consistent. Martz did not allow audibles, the offense was read and react based on which side the DB was covering the receiver. Those are facts, but some just along for the ride on the sidelines here to know they are incorrect. Post MArtz with the coach killer, a player like Olsen has proven tough to replace.

Why must you continue this? Really what does it matter now? Martz was gone A LOOONG time ago. Olsen has been gone a LOOONG time... What does it matter? Why is it important to you to continue with the "coach killer" and fabricated Cutler nancy drew clues that seem to only show you what you want to believe. Jay's gone now too. It's over. Move on. You were wrong, you're still wrong. Just let it go.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why must you continue this? Really what does it matter now? Martz was gone A LOOONG time ago. Olsen has been gone a LOOONG time... What does it matter? Why is it important to you to continue with the "coach killer" and fabricated Cutler nancy drew clues that seem to only show you what you want to believe. Jay's gone now too. It's over. Move on. You were wrong, you're still wrong. Just let it go.
As soon as you can move on, the rest will follow.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhoo... I'm still in the camp that thinks between Fox and Fangio that we are building up our defense nicely. This offseason hasn't been "rudderless" IMO, it has been spent building reasonably-priced depth on the defensive side of the ball so hopefully this upcoming season, if we have a couple of key injuries, we can soldier on and not get gassed at the end of games due to a lack of aforementioned depth...

We addressed the QB situation. I understand many don't like HOW it was addressed, but let's at least wait and see if Glennon can be a serviceable starter for us.

And in the upcoming draft we'll hopefully continue to see an offseason plan come together.... Hope, hope, hope we take Jamal Adams at #3... Great player and looks like a guy who can lead a defense...

I'm typically VERY pessimistic about my teams, but I'm liking what we're doing and think we're going to improve to a .500 team this season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhoo... I'm still in the camp that thinks between Fox and Fangio that we are building up our defense nicely. This offseason hasn't been "rudderless" IMO, it has been spent building reasonably-priced depth on the defensive side of the ball so hopefully this upcoming season, if we have a couple of key injuries, we can soldier on and not get gassed at the end of games due to a lack of aforementioned depth...

We addressed the QB situation. I understand many don't like HOW it was addressed, but let's at least wait and see if Glennon can be a serviceable starter for us.

And in the upcoming draft we'll hopefully continue to see an offseason plan come together.... Hope, hope, hope we take Jamal Adams at #3... Great player and looks like a guy who can lead a defense...

I'm typically VERY pessimistic about my teams, but I'm liking what we're doing and think we're going to improve to a .500 team this season.

lulz

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We were nearly a .500 team in 2015, if it wasn't for two missed Gould kicks.

We would have been around there last year as well if our roster didn't look like a Vietnam medical ward.

The defense was top 10 up until the final week of the season. We're better than people think. Good run game, good up front and strong D. If we stay healthy for once, we'll be in most every game.

As far as the lack of free agents. We've known all along that Pace has been a "build through the draft" guy. We picked up a few solid DB's and some depth receivers. Along with Glennon. I'm fine with that.

I mean, at the QB position. It wasn't as though we had many more options, unless you thought some big trade was a possibility.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is more than one source out there that claim what happened, not just me.

Link ONE, stupid. I looked it up, nothing. It wasn't even mentioned on talk radio at the time. It was all about how Martz doesn't use TE's in his passing game. Question... is Cutler in a walking boot or not? I forgot.

Brandon Marshall was fine here until he refused to take the blame for another errant throw. The only consistency that happened here was when a player got on Jay's bad side. Its just conversation that is right in front of someone paying attention.

You have mental problems! This is UNBELIEVABLE to read. You connect these dots in your head with Jay. You're like a god damned conspiracy nut. You have ZERO evidence to back this, you dolt.

If I saw you, I'd slap you. You drive me insane. There is no way you believe the bull shit you spew. No one is "big shit". You just deserve to get hot coffee thrown in your face.

"F Bombs"??? What are you? Six? Go suck a fart out of your dad's ass, and fuck him. How you like dem apples?

Go look at the Olsen stats, one big year, the other three were consistent. Martz did not allow audibles, the offense was read and react based on which side the DB was covering the receiver.

"Mike Martz did not allow audibles"... I thought it was because 'Jay was too stupid'? Which is it? You lying sack of shit? You can't even hold a story together for two posts.

Yes, Olsen stats show that his targets were over 100 the year before Martz, and then almost cut in half. The first year, then being his rookie year. Then, after Martz, goes to Carolina and is now an all-pro. WHAT A COINCIDENCE THAT HIS BIGGEST DOWN YEAR WAS WITH MARTZ!?

I am incorrect? I picked apart your argument, and you have left is this TMZ shit with Kirstin. You are a child and a blithering moron.

Post MArtz with the coach killer, a player like Olsen has proven tough to replace.

NO... SHIT

Man, you are as dumb as they come.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We would have been around there last year as well if our roster didn't look like a Vietnam medical ward.

The defense was top 10 up until the final week of the season. We're better than people think. Good run game, good up front and strong D. If we stay healthy for once, we'll be in most every game.

As far as the lack of free agents. We've known all along that Pace has been a "build through the draft" guy. We picked up a few solid DB's and some depth receivers. Along with Glennon. I'm fine with that.

I mean, at the QB position. It wasn't as though we had many more options, unless you thought some big trade was a possibility.
Its funny. Even when you're agreeing with me or supplementing what I'm saying, it still seems like you're arguing with me. LOL. :D

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 2015 Bears won ONE game by more than 5 points. ONE. Their record in games 5 points or less? 5-5. The balls bouncing the wrong way argument for that team is stupid and wrong.

The 2016 team was mediocre even with the injuries. The Bear defense ranked 24th in DVOA which is probably the most meaningful defensive stat around. Better than 2015's awful defense, but Top 10, give me a break.
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2016 TEAM EFFICIENCY RATINGS

A Top 10 defense but no Pro Bowlers, mmm. A team with no elite players outside Kyle Long. Mmm, this team sucks. Sorry. Delusional to see it otherwise. Maybe the draft will start to change that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2015 Bears won ONE game by more than 5 points. ONE. Their record in games 5 points or less? 5-5. The balls bouncing the wrong way argument for that team is stupid and wrong.

The 2016 team was mediocre even with the injuries. The Bear defense ranked 24th in DVOA which is probably the most meaningful defensive stat around. Better than 2015's awful defense, but Top 10, give me a break.
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2016 TEAM EFFICIENCY RATINGS

A Top 10 defense but no Pro Bowlers, mmm. A team with no elite players outside Kyle Long. Mmm, this team sucks. Sorry. Delusional to see it otherwise. Maybe the draft will start to change that.

Meh. They are a young team, with three rookies that played pretty close to elite in their first year, and should only improve with a year in the weight room. Howard, Whitehair and Floyd all had Pro Bowl type years. Akiem Hicks SHOULD'VE made the Pro Bowl if that's any consolation.

I agree with rich in that we have a pretty good o-line, an above-average running game...the D needs work, but it is tough to gauge with the slew of injuries last year. Another draft like last year's and they could be a middle of the pack team. It's tough to see em' doing too much with Glennon at the helm and a D that still lacks playmakers in the secondary, but we'll see. The NFL is pretty crazy, teams can flip it in a year anymore.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you watched a handful of the games they lost. They blatantly handed away about 3 games, where they outplayed their opponent. You can only argue they stole one of those wins, at KC.

The bottom line, is that Gould a few kicks which blatantly cost them wins. That team was not good, but they were a few good bounces from a .500 or even a winning record. They were always competitive outside of the Seattle game where Clausen started, and the game at Minnesota. They improved as the season went along, and the arrow seemed to be pointing towards that improvement continuing. As opposed to regressing to 3-13.

The defense was ranked as high as 7th, and stuck in the top 10 for a good chunk of the season. Despite losing the majority of their starters. There's some very nice pieces.

I also never argued they were anything other than mediocre. I never said the team would have been "good". Simply competitive.

Well, the defense is quite young. Considering the injuries they have accumulated, on top of it's age... it's not surprising that they haven't had a pro bowler. They did have DROY candidate in Floyd, until he went down. Many considered him just a little behind Bosa for the award.

No elite players? Eh... I mean, how about the RB who led the NFL in YPC? How about arguably the best interior Oline in the league, consisting of 3 pro bowlers? Long, Sitton, Whitehair.

To say there's no talent in this front seven defensively, is delusional. I defy you to find a single position there that doesn't have talent or depth.

You seem to really be on a mission here. Did you walk in on a Chicago Bear fucking your mom when you were a child? What happened? You're a Bills fan... lmao. Why are you so dedicated to trolling this board?