• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the bears have promoted Gase and released Fox?

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Hindsight is it fair to think keeping Gase would have shortened the rebuild period by improving last season? Injuries I know, but the bears appear rudderless with the off season moves this far and hiring Fox was necessary since Trestman had to go. It is looking like we should have kept Lovie as foxy is the same guy. Hear me out, Lovie couldn't get an oc to save his life proven. Fox also a defense guy looses his oc and doesn't replace him. The bears were crawling out of the hole on offense and defense and under Gase would certainly have improved in 2016. The organization has in effect admitted firing lovie was a mistake and rehired a 20 year older version of him and we're as bears fans back where we started 6 years ago SANS any talent!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Hindsight is it fair to think keeping Gase would have shortened the rebuild period by improving last season? Injuries I know, but the bears appear rudderless with the off season moves this far and hiring Fox was necessary since Trestman had to go. It is looking like we should have kept Lovie as foxy is the same guy. Hear me out, Lovie couldn't get an oc to save his life proven. Fox also a defense guy looses his oc and doesn't replace him. The bears were crawling out of the hole on offense and defense and under Gase would certainly have improved in 2016. The organization has in effect admitted firing lovie was a mistake and rehired a 20 year older version of him and we're as bears fans back where we started 6 years ago SANS any talent!
Fox and Lovie are very different. Their defensive schemes are much different, their player development is much different, and their coaching styles are much different. I also think fox understands offense a little better than Lovie. Base also had one season as a successful HC. Let's give him some time before we declare him better than fox.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could not promote Adam Gase because he was just interviewed for the head coach position for the bears first. He was in the running for the job when Fox became available. He waited and ran out of time to take another head coach job so he accepted the offensive coordinator position and was ready to bolt the following year regardless of how the season went.

So the real question should be, should we have hired Adam Gase instead of running like a convict to pussy to get Fox.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, the offense would have gone downhill regardless... seeing as we lost our entire first unit to injury.

It's obviously worth making the argument that Gase is the better coach, after what he did in Miami this past year and how well Jay played in his season as OC. However, I like Fox enough and I don't think HC is really our problem.

This team was moving in a good direction towards the end of 2015. The majority of 2016 is almost a wash to me. Nobody can lose their entire team to injury on both sides of the ball and be competitive.

For the record... I never wanted Lovie fired. Phil Emery destroyed this team, and is responsible for where we sit today.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox was hired because the owners insisted on us having our first HC with experience. This is the Tdog/Tucker effect and it burned us. Fox is far better then what we had but Gase would have been a better decision.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no

end of thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Sigh*

More homophobia.

Shocker

ohnoes.gif~c200

Take it Grinder fruit box.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? After your stupid posts all over this board about gay sex and male genitalia... And this is how you respond?

How Rich.

I'm simply expressing myself. Guys like him are obsessed with me and stalking me all over.

Back to football... this isn't the general board.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said end of thread.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on, the idea isn't far fetched and gase is young still capable of thinking outside the box something these old farts seem resistant to.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox and Lovie are very different. Their defensive schemes are much different, their player development is much different, and their coaching styles are much different. I also think fox understands offense a little better than Lovie. Base also had one season as a successful HC. Let's give him some time before we declare him better than fox.

Also very true.

Gase has one 11-5 season, with which he only beat one team with a winning record. Then was bounced in a blowout in the WC round.

Fox has two SB appearances and something like 7 division titles under his belt.

I like Gase too, but it's certainly premature to say he's more qualified to coach an NFL football team than Fox is. A lot of HC's who have had great Year 1's and gone on to be fired within 3-4 seasons from that very job.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't even suggesting Gase as being better. The state of the team clearly showed a need for a defensive minded coach and every time I start to type my argument I remember all the injuries and start over...the fire sale on offense concerns me and I would expect an offensive minded coach to keep proven players if no worthy replacement is available.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't even suggesting Gase as being better. The state of the team clearly showed a need for a defensive minded coach and every time I start to type my argument I remember all the injuries and start over...the fire sale on offense concerns me and I would expect an offensive minded coach to keep proven players if no worthy replacement is available.

I would have been fine with them choosing pace as long as the defensive coordiantor was the man with the defense, and Fangio fit that bill. Not far from Ditka Ryan.

All I am saying is Gase was not even here yet, so using promoting is the wrong term. Chosen Gase over Fox is the right analogy.

The Cutler effect started when they chose to let Greg Olsen go, simply because Cutler could not accept an apology from Olsen over remarks made towards Kristen. They got offensive guys that got fed up at not being elite with an "elite" quarterback.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a lot of stuff tossed around about cutler but if he didn't have the power to get a genuine #1 receiver over hester I doubt he had the power to get olsen traded. I believe Olsen said in an interview martz coming in was the writing on the wall for him.
As far as ego's go Urlacher being threatened enough to call cutler a pussy in a locker room interview was unprofessional and chickenshit. I loved watching 54 play but he had nothing to worry about in the cutler signing. In fact I think 'J' earned his substantial paycheck every week for taking blame for every bad playcall, missed block, missed tackle, every team loss, and the reason the bears really suck! because if we didn't have #6 to blame everything on other deficiencies might have been exposed before we got this bad.

So as I muddle this through with the help of the views of other posters on this forum, it is beginning to make sense the scuttling of the team replacing players with unknown commodities is really the only way to lose the taste of the last 4 years regardless of Gase or Fox.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could not promote Adam Gase because he was just interviewed for the head coach position for the bears first. He was in the running for the job when Fox became available. He waited and ran out of time to take another head coach job so he accepted the offensive coordinator position and was ready to bolt the following year regardless of how the season went.

So the real question should be, should we have hired Adam Gase instead of running like a convict to pussy to get Fox.
The Bears front office just makes poor decisions.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the question is "should we have fired Fox after 1 season on the heels of firing a coach after 2 seasons?"

No