• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Suggs have been tossed?

Should Suggs have been ejected last night?

• Yes

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with tackling from behind either. My issue is Blount was locked up. He was. There's a difference between a back stuck behind the LOS that bounces back and shoots out the side and Blount last night. He was wrapped, had a guy in front and a guy on either side. They had stopped him and the only moving he was doing was backwards.

Then you have a guy that was out of the play, gave up. in fact he threw his hands up when he gave up. Then saw an opportunity to take a cheap shot and went after it like I'd picture a POS in a bar fight. hardly a professional football player.

But should than not your issue be with the refs, who refused to blow the play dead?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackling from behind, even at the knees happens all the time. This just looked worse because Blount was standing upright and not really moving.

An example (below) of a player catching another player and tackling, at the knees, from behind. Nothing unusual and nothing illegal. Besides, I think Blount was hit in the butt cheek more than the legs but that's just my opinion.

My post #41 (I think) echoes the tackle from behind being legal...what makes this play at least gray area imo is the RB was engaged with other players...momentum slowed to barely moving and he decided to go low on the assist.

Ejected...again no, but Suggs knows that was a bad play....away from the mics and cameras I think he would admit it.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But should than not your issue be with the refs, who refused to blow the play dead?

no, I expect a professional to be one. I don't want a cheap shot artist on the field. Suggs knows it was cheap. he knows he quit on the play, just flat out gave up and was standing there with his dick in his hand till he saw Blount wrapped up by 3 guys and getting pushed backwards. Then he took a focus low and from behind to take his cheap shot. The ONLY saving grace from this was that it was posterior thigh. Had he gone lower and to the knees I think a suspension would have been warranted.

But don't worry, thanks to this guy Suggs being a cheap, we will see quicker whistles most likely. I'm sure we'll all love that :gaah:

I'd probably have a different opinion had he been full participation for 100% of that play, but he didn't. He quit and then took a cheap shot.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, I expect a professional to be one. I don't want a cheap shot artist on the field. Suggs knows it was cheap. he knows he quit on the play, just flat out gave up and was standing there with his dick in his hand till he saw Blount wrapped up by 3 guys and getting pushed backwards. Then he took a focus low and from behind to take his cheap shot. The ONLY saving grace from this was that it was posterior thigh. Had he gone lower and to the knees I think a suspension would have been warranted.

But don't worry, thanks to this guy Suggs being a cheap, we will see quicker whistles most likely. I'm sure we'll all love that :gaah:

I'd probably have a different opinion had he been full participation for 100% of that play, but he didn't. He quit and then took a cheap shot.

Based on league precedent a suspension would have been unfair (though probably happen based on Steeler(fan)s' whining), though it would be warranted.

I agree to disagree then about this play and the role of the refs... My opinion, they should have whistled the play dead as soon as they saw Blount stood up and being driven back, something they did not.

Also find it ironic about the Steelers complaining about dirty play, when I remember the apologetics for IIRC von Oelhofen's deliberate shattering of Palmer's lower leg in the playoffs against the Bengals... one of the dirtier plays I have seen on the football field...

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post #41 (I think) echoes the tackle from behind being legal...what makes this play at least gray area imo is the RB was engaged with other players...momentum slowed to barely moving and he decided to go low on the assist.

Ejected...again no, but Suggs knows that was a bad play....away from the mics and cameras I think he would admit it.

Yep, there is a reason you see guys stood up like that fairly often during a game, and never see defenders tackle them from behind that low.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on league precedent a suspension would have been unfair (though probably happen based on Steeler(fan)s' whining), though it would be warranted.

I agree to disagree then about this play and the role of the refs... My opinion, they should have whistled the play dead as soon as they saw Blount stood up and being driven back, something they did not.

Also find it ironic about the Steelers complaining about dirty play, when I remember the apologetics for IIRC von Oelhofen's deliberate shattering of Palmer's lower leg in the playoffs against the Bengals... one of the dirtier plays I have seen on the football field...

I push back on the blanket Steeler fan comment...I'm not complaining at all...I get your point on the ref and it's a good one, but the play was a cheap shot...imo, hitting a player low from behind while they are engaged is not clean football...not a whole lot different from the illegal chop block really.

Oelhofen...oranges and apples to this play...this is the same type of hit that took out Gronk, Heath Miller, and several others actually. Unfortunate, but it happens.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I push back on the blanket Steeler fan comment...I'm not complaining at all...I get your point on the ref and it's a good one, but the play was a cheap shot...imo, hitting a player low from behind while they are engaged is not clean football...not a whole lot different from the illegal chop block really.

Oelhofen...oranges and apples to this play...this is the same type of hit that took out Gronk, Heath Miller, and several others actually. Unfortunate, but it happens.

Yeah.... might have made it clear that my final claim was intended to apply to those Steeler fans who the shoe fits...

I can see where you are coming from that this hit is/was dirty, and I can accept that completely. I would say it is border-line. The only way to get rid of these kinds of hits is by the NFL thoroughly reconsidering (a) when to blow plays dead, (b) reconsider what is allowed both by all sides of the ball, and (c) be consistent in application of penalties both within and in between officiating crews as well as post game penalties. Considering what seems to be the near willful incompetence concerning part (c) in particular, it will take a long while for that to happen.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount must be really hurt after that cheap shot to the back of his knee. How many games is he going to miss? The rest of the season? A man the size of Suggs coming full bore like that trying to injure him??? Blount never stood a chance. It's probably a career ender.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus...I can't even find any news on his injury status. It must be serious...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount must be really hurt after that cheap shot to the back of his knee. How many games is he going to miss? The rest of the season? A man the size of Suggs coming full bore like that trying to injure him??? Blount never stood a chance. It's probably a career ender.

You're kidding right?

If you're trying to say there was no intent to take the man out...I can buy that because he could've gone lower...but if you're trying to say it was a clean play...please take off the blinders.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding right?

If you're trying to say there was no intent to take the man out...I can buy that because he could've gone lower...but if you're trying to say it was a clean play...please take off the blinders.

This. If Suggs wanted to take him out, he would have.

Somebody is doing something "dirty" every single freaking play of every single freaking game. If you don't understand that, you are the one who needs to take off his blinders.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Including Big Ben that very year against San Diego.

If Thugs was really trying to make a play he'd have jumped on Blount's back and tried to knock the ball out at the same time.

He wasn't trying to make a play, he was trying to injure him.

And he got caught.

Not surprising....when you're that large there's nowhere to hide.

It's comical that Ravens fans think Tomlin standing on the sideline was worse.

Of course, we're dealing with the same people that thought Ray Rice didn't knock out his wife in the elevator. "Well, all we saw was him dragging her out so we don't know what happened". :L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. If Suggs wanted to take him out, he would have.

Somebody is doing something "dirty" every single freaking play of every single freaking game. If you don't understand that, you are the one who needs to take off his blinders.

LOL...I've been watching NFL football a long time, certainly not naive to the violent nature of the game and even chippy play, but you just don't see what Suggs did and I'll leave it at that.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I've been watching NFL football a long time, certainly not naive to the violent nature of the game and even chippy play, but you just don't see what Suggs did and I'll leave it at that.

Again...is Blount going to be okay??? Not many recover from such a vicious hit...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? You should watch Lynch some more. He gets stood up all the time and guys are crashing in to him at all kinds of angles. He often doesn't go down until someone takes the legs out.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can call what he did "spearing" by any stretch of the imagination. He hit him in the lower ass/ upper thigh area which is perfectly legal to do. If he had hit in the back of the knees I'd agree it should be flagged. At full speed that's actually what I thought happened but on seeing the replay it's pretty clear he didn't him in the knees.

When Mark Sanchez did this it was totally hilarious but, when Suggs does it... He's a no good cheating thug.

Go figure.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A horse collar tackle is one of the most dangerous tackles for injury in the game, that's why it is called even if it's close to being one.......But do you cry for players to be ejected and suspended for that ?
No, it's part of a violent game and those things are going to happen.......Didn't one of our players get fouled by a horse collar tackle in that game ? It wouldn't matter anyway, it falls under the Heinz Ward Halo rule, If we foul them, it's ok, if they foul us, it's a national crisis......
"It's a mans game", no sissies allowed !!!!!!!!! :rollseyes:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A horse collar tackle is one of the most dangerous tackles for injury in the game, that's why it is called even if it's close to being one.......But do you cry for players to be ejected and suspended for that ?
No, it's part of a violent game and those things are going to happen.......Didn't one of our players get fouled by a horse collar tackle in that game ? It wouldn't matter anyway, it falls under the Heinz Ward Halo rule, If we foul them, it's ok, if they foul us, it's a national crisis......

You have me confused with someone else Old School...I'm not thinking Suggs should've been ejected...also...this aint no Steelers-Ravens thing for me...change the jersey colors and I still thought the play was uncalled for in that situation...I stand by that, but we're starting to beat a dead horse now.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you belabor you own point with the ridiculous "you only thinks its dirty cause it happened to your guy" nonsense argument, but fair point on the horse collar.