• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Suggs have been tossed?

Should Suggs have been ejected last night?

• Yes

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tackle or hit below the waist from behind is a legal play...what makes it shaky imo was he was engaged with several other players...basically being stood up kinda...had he hit him high...there's no question...hitting below the waist in THAT situation was unnecessary.

Thrown out? No, but he likely will get fined.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this play.

No. I think there was a bias during the SNF crew here because the :whistle: was blown AFTER Suggs went down to STOP A MOVING BLOUNT.

Case in point. Lynch runs into a pile of raiders yesterday. KEEPS HIS LEGS MOVING and with help from a OL (Swezzy) gets a TD.

i think it didn't warrent even a 15 yarder

but it's my opinion. Others will be different

Well there is 1 reasonable poster on here......The whistle had not blown, LB was still moving and on his feet, and Suggs clearly hit him in the hips, and this is football , the ballet class is the opposite directions Mommies......
We lost and we should have because we didn't play good enough and our HC is not a strong enough leader to get his players under control when clearly the" in the head" tactic that Pitts used to always use on us was being revived.....No excuses for losing but in all my yrs of watching pro football, I have never seen a worse officiated game that I can recollect.......But this is Pitts and Bmore, the best rivalry in football, we beat them by 20 at our house and they beat us by 20 at theirs.......Is anybody shocked, I'm not.....That's the way these 2 teams roll......:nod:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was very similar to what Julius Thomas did to Calais Campbell. He should get fined.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is 1 reasonable poster on here......The whistle had not blown, LB was still moving and on his feet, and Suggs clearly hit him in the hips, and this is football , the ballet class is the opposite directions Mommies......
We lost and we should have because we didn't play good enough and our HC is not a strong enough leader to get his players under control when clearly the" in the head" tactic that Pitts used to always use on us was being revived.....No excuses for losing but in all my yrs of watching pro football, I have never seen a worse officiated game that I can recollect.......But this is Pitts and Bmore, the best rivalry in football, we beat them by 20 at our house and they beat us by 20 at theirs.......Is anybody shocked, I'm not.....That's the way these 2 teams roll......:nod:

1st off IDT he should've been ejected...but imo the hit was lower than hip...clearly hit him in the hamstring area from what I could see.

Officiating...I've seen much worse...there only 17 flags...could've been another 10 easy. The worse play against BAL imo was the spot on the 4th down play...he didn't get the line to gain imo, but that went to review and they stuck with the call on the field.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackling from behind, even at the knees happens all the time. This just looked worse because Blount was standing upright and not really moving.

An example (below) of a player catching another player and tackling, at the knees, from behind. Nothing unusual and nothing illegal. Besides, I think Blount was hit in the butt cheek more than the legs but that's just my opinion.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with tackling from behind either. My issue is Blount was locked up. He was. There's a difference between a back stuck behind the LOS that bounces back and shoots out the side and Blount last night. He was wrapped, had a guy in front and a guy on either side. They had stopped him and the only moving he was doing was backwards.

Then you have a guy that was out of the play, gave up. in fact he threw his hands up when he gave up. Then saw an opportunity to take a cheap shot and went after it like I'd picture a POS in a bar fight. hardly a professional football player.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Sluggs should be fined.

But I'd enjoy seeing him tossed...by one of these:

FridgeAnimation-Large.gif

:D

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Suggs wanted to hurt Blount, he would have. It's that simple.

WTF is up with all the whining???

Well, it's hypocritical coming from Ravens fans.

You guys cried bloody murder when Tomlin was standing on the field. You wanted him fined and suspended.

But if one of your guys takes a cheap shot...."What's with all the whining"?

:bullshit:

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Suh would have done that everyone would have been calling for him to be kicked out of football.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's hypocritical coming from Ravens fans.

You guys cried bloody murder when Tomlin was standing on the field. You wanted him fined and suspended.

But if one of your guys takes a cheap shot...."What's with all the whining"?

:bullshit:

Enjoy your win and quit bringing up old news and senseless arguments.....You can't compare an in game tackle to an in game interference by a HC anyway, but who gives a frog flatulence about any of that now.....
Wake Up, that ship has sailed !!!!:rollseyes:....Suggs was wrongfully penalized according to the rules, but as I said, that crew was Larry, Moe and Curly Joe.....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whistle hadn't been blown.

He didn't target the head.

This is still a contact sport, right?

We bitch, moan and complain about Goofdell pussifying our favorite sport then we end up acting just like him and his referees whenever a hit looks too violent.

Let's just put flags on every ball carrier and be done with it then.

This. To a tee.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im saying no...........

heinz ward does that and we cheer............

its football..........hard nosed football

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, just so I got this straight....

Tomlin standing on the field = not OK.

Suggs hitting a RB below the waist, from behind, after the play had been whistled dead = OK.

Is that what you're saying?:noidea:

THE PLAY HAD NOT BEEN WHISTLED DEAD YET.

Not sure where you ended up believing that fantasy but if you want to be extremely generous to your position, the whistle was blown the moment Suggs made dove in/pushed off for the tackle.

Hell, you see Suggs walking around in expectation of the refs blowing the whistle dead, and only deciding to make the tackle when it turns out the refs refused to do so...

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about jump on Blount's back, reach around and try to knock the ball out. If the thought the play was live, that's what he should have done.

He went below the waist from behind after the play was over. That's illegal.

You are delusional.

The play was NOT dead yet (no whistle had blown), and he took out his hips/upper hamstring. A completely legal tackle (if it had been the knees, than you would have a point).

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one that could have gotten hurt was Tomlin.

I'm just trying to reconcile the logic that says a personal foul of hitting someone below the waist from behind after the whistle blew is not as bad as standing a few more inches one way than the other.

And yes...play HAD been whistled dead.

Check this out.

LeGarrette Blount: Suggs is 'known to be a dirty player' - NFL.com

And if you'll notice Suggs had given up on the play...then only when he sees Blount isn't getting any more forward progess does he come in and hit him dirty.

Again, let go of your fantasy that the whistle had blown - it had not. The exact reason why Suggs decided to make the tackle in the first place. I know that it is said that if you repeat a lie often enough people start to believe....

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was very similar to what Julius Thomas did to Calais Campbell. He should get fined.

No, it was not - for one the area where the tackle was aimed at.