• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should League Get Rid of MVP Award

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Nash's first MVP was the only year in the 00s that the voters got it wrong. Shaq should have won that season.

Sure the only one they got wrong....That's why Kobe who's the second greatest guard in history has 1 mvp. And a coward like Lebron who had to run to a team Loaded with Superstars has 4...Makes a lot of sense...

Put it this way, if the award went to the best player Jordan would have 12 Mvps, and Kobe would have 10..

Do the math, ASSWIPE

Peace!!1

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Nash's first MVP was the only year in the 00s that the voters got it wrong. Shaq should have won that season.
I think they got it right.

Suns record in 2003-04 was 29-53 with the starting lineup of, Marbury, Joe Johnson, Marion, Barbosa and Stat. D'Antoni's first game as HC was the 22nd game of the season. (they were 8-13 when he took over)

Following season the starting lineup was Nash, Joe Johnson, Marion, Q-Rich and Stat. Their record was 62-30. Nash was the main reason for their turnaround.

Wade missed 21 games his first year compared to only 5 in 2004-05. Plus they had a winning record (42-40) and went to the playoffs the year before Shaq. Having Wade healthy for most of the year (plus more experience) and Shaq helped Miami go from a 4th seed in 03-04 to the best record in the East in 04-05.

Suns went +33 in wins with the addition of Nash to Miami's +17 from the year before with the addition of Shaq

Nash definitely deserved it in 04-05.

y2ktors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they got it right.

Suns record in 2003-04 was 29-53 with the starting lineup of, Marbury, Joe Johnson, Marion, Barbosa and Stat. D'Antoni's first game as HC was the 22nd game of the season. (they were 8-13 when he took over)

Following season the starting lineup was Nash, Joe Johnson, Marion, Q-Rich and Stat. Their record was 62-30. Nash was the main reason for their turnaround.

Wade missed 21 games his first year compared to only 5 in 2004-05. Plus they had a winning record (42-40) and went to the playoffs the year before Shaq. Having Wade healthy for most of the year (plus more experience) and Shaq helped Miami go from a 4th seed in 03-04 to the best record in the East in 04-05.

Suns went +33 in wins with the addition of Nash to Miami's +17 from the year before with the addition of Shaq

Nash definitely deserved it in 04-05.

I get all of this. And I'm not saying Nash didn't deserve it. But look at that roster for Phoenix: the talent was there. They just needed someone to bring it all together... someone Better than Stephanie Marbury.

Miami didn't have that same level of talent outside of Wade. Shaq made them better and even relevant in the case of Damon Jones.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree i think the voters got it right Nash's 1st MVP was well deserve his 2nd MVP was a bit fishy & he didn't have as great like his 1st MVP, but it was given to him because of the whole Kobe incident in Colorado.

Shaq was already past his prime during Nash's Mvp's no way he deserved any at that time

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nash averaged 25 and 15? In what world was that?

Next time perhaps do a little research so you don't look like a fucking retard. No offense to retards.

Peace

I was making a point, fon't take it literally kid. You are too stupid to realize that, keep beating off to Kobe and his uno MVP's.

On pace for Lebron>Kobe. Deal with it you troll. :laugh3:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree i think the voters got it right Nash's 1st MVP was well deserve his 2nd MVP was a bit fishy & he didn't have as great like his 1st MVP, but it was given to him because of the whole Kobe incident in Colorado.

Shaq was already past his prime during Nash's Mvp's no way he deserved any at that time
LA limped into the playoffs as a 7th seed and only 45 wins. You'd be hard pressed to find a player who was givin the MVP with that record and seed.

Suns lost Stat for the entire season only 3 games in. They went 2-1 in those games and ended up with a record of 54-28. So they won only 6 less games w/o Stat compared to the year before when he was healthy. Plugging in 33yr old Kurt Thomas and others throughout the season to replace him. Suns still ended up with the 3rd best record in the West and a 2 seed.

Even w/o the Colorado incident, I don't think the voters would have givin' it to Kobe.