• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should I look to trade Bell?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team keeper league. We keep 2 offensive players and 1 IDP. We start QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), K, P, and 7 IDPs. We have 6 bench spots.

My offense...

QB - Brees, Wentz
RB - Bell/Conner, Ingram, ADP, Lynch, Alex Collins
WR - Hill, Baldwin, Corey Davis, Crabby
TE - Shit (claim in for Burton, have Vance)

A little back story, I traded away Michael Thomas this offseason, expecting to keep Tyreek and Shady McCoy. 2 days before we claimed our keepers (from a 5 man squad that consisted of those 2, Derrick Henry, Jarvis Landry and Luke Kuechly) the news broke of McCoy's BS. I was expecting to go into this season with Hill and Henry as my keepers on cut day, but a couple of guys got desperate to improve their picks this year and had 3 solid offensive keepers, so long story short, I got what I consider great value for Bell (this is around July 4th, by the by). I ended up working some draft day deals and I enter next year's draft with 1 extra pick in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th rounds while the earliest pick I give up is the 10th. So, I am pretty stacked for next year. We can trade this year's picks until kickoff of week 8, so I could always wait a little longer for this, but Bell's bye week is 7, so I wouldn't be able to see him play before being able to include a pick in the deal (which greatly improves chances of evening out deals and adding incentive to sellers).

So, I am thinking that this is the time to strike with those people who are not doing well this season and could be looking to next year or those who feel they need to shake up their roster and add someone for the playoff run. Should I dangle Bell and maybe Conner, also and see what I can get for them? I think I have to get a usable starting RB for the rest of the season in the deal. There are a couple guys who started slow and have guys like Gurley or Zeke to target. There's the guy who is super stacked at WR and would come off Beckham in a deal for Bell. There are probably a few other teams who may be interested if I contacted them.

I'm worried about this split carries thing and even before I heard that possibility, I was worried that maybe Bell plays like (for lack of a better term) a pussy for the Steelers. Running out of bounds, limiting himself to prevent injury, shit like that. I am 3-2, which is pretty good, considering that I have played a pretty brutal schedule coming out of the gate. I play one of the worst teams this week, but then face my super rival and the only undefeated team left in our league the 2 weeks after. Obviously, the schedule lightens up after those weeks, with only one real threat left after that.

But if Bell gets traded to Philly (or Green Bay, which I hold on to false hope for). Man... I look pretty then, with 2 featured backs, Ingram in the flex and a solid choice between Baldy (who should win out that fight in the long run) and Davis. Lynch or Peterson become trade bait for a possible upgrade to either of those WRs and I look like a contender. Maybe...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if if you decide to trade, u need to trade bell and conner for something huge

theres rumors he comes back and they split,

keeping conner may net u nothing

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if if you decide to trade, u need to trade bell and conner for something huge
theres rumors he comes back and they split,
keeping conner may net u nothing
Well, as someone who follows the Steelers as you do, I can't really argue with the logic. However, that offense has always produced nice RB numbers. It's clear (I think) they are not going to give Bell the money he wants (thus he get's traded or goes FA next season - or retires for a singing career) - seems they would have by now. So, IMO Connor will have high long-term value. Bell on his new team, may or may not, be a stud. Now, would I trade Bell for Beckham, NO - Eli sucks and only has a yr or so left - the new toy there (Barkley) is going to be the focus - not that Beckham won't get numbers, just not 'elite'.
The chance that Bell ends up on a team and produces is a bit of a crap-shoot but likely worth the risk, given that 2 of your RBs (ADP and Lynch) probably hang it up after this season. Personally I'd look to move those 2 first. If no one will deal for them, then maybe shot high for Gurley or Zeke using Bell (and if you must - Connor) as the bait. ....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a dream last night that Bell came back and was crazy good.... No joke.

But I've also dreamed about winning the lottery and that has yet to happen.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a dream last night that Bell came back and was crazy good.... No joke.
But I've also dreamed about winning the lottery and that has yet to happen.
That could happen - - of course I've had dreams about many things.. ..

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offered Baldwin and Peterson for Davante Adams. I think Baldwin will do better than he has been, but I think I win that deal if I don't have to include picks.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I traded Lynch for Bell last week but I'm 5-0 and have Conner. I looked at it more as a protection plan for when Bell returns. Most people have no idea what will happen. If you can use him and even someone else to turn him into Elliot or Gurley or even straight up for Beckham... I'd do it.

My hope is Bell gets traded to Philly or GB or really anywhere he can produce and then I have 2 guys getting near 30 touches per game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I traded Lynch for Bell last week but I'm 5-0 and have Conner. I looked at it more as a protection plan for when Bell returns. Most people have no idea what will happen. If you can use him and even someone else to turn him into Elliot or Gurley or even straight up for Beckham... I'd do it.

My hope is Bell gets traded to Philly or GB or really anywhere he can produce and then I have 2 guys getting near 30 touches per game.
actually suprisde guy took that deal

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team... (2-3)

QB - Cam, Luck
RB - Gordon, Buck Allen, Lindsay
WR - AJ, Fitz, Lockett, Stills, Desean, Funchess
TE - Cook

My team... (3-2)

QB - Brees, Wentz
RB - Conner/Bell, Ingram, ADP, Lynch, Collins
WR - Hill, Baldwin, Corey Davis
TE - Burton, Njoku (probably getting dropped soon, maybe for Gabriel)

Thinking about offering a blockbuster, especially if he loses this week and falls to 2-4. His division leader is 5-0 and this team is missing his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks for next year already, so he may want to get something back. I have extra picks in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th.

Tossing it around, but here is what I am thinking...

Gordon and AJ Green

for

Conner, Bell, Collins, Baldwin and maybe a 2nd and 4th?

I figure it gives him a couple picks back and he can be in the position to keep both Conner and Bell for next year (we only keep 2 offensive players). I know it is sort of a shotgun spray for 2 pretty elite talents and I may have to come off one of my 1sts to make it happen, but it may be a good starting point. I could sub out Davis for Baldwin if he prefers.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team... (2-3)

QB - Cam, Luck
RB - Gordon, Buck Allen, Lindsay
WR - AJ, Fitz, Lockett, Stills, Desean, Funchess
TE - Cook

My team... (3-2)

QB - Brees, Wentz
RB - Conner/Bell, Ingram, ADP, Lynch, Collins
WR - Hill, Baldwin, Corey Davis
TE - Burton, Njoku (probably getting dropped soon, maybe for Gabriel)

Thinking about offering a blockbuster, especially if he loses this week and falls to 2-4. His division leader is 5-0 and this team is missing his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks for next year already, so he may want to get something back. I have extra picks in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th.

Gordon and AJ Green

for

I figure it gives him a couple picks back and he can be in the position to keep both Conner and Bell for next year (we only keep 2 offensive players). I know it is sort of a shotgun spray for 2 pretty elite talents and I may have to come off one of my 1sts to make it happen, but it may be a good starting point. I could sub out Davis for Baldwin if he prefers.
Too much imho

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean what do I think is gonna hopes with bell/Conner ur giving up at least 2 starting rbs and one high level , and a #1 wr plus picks

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team... (2-3)

Gordon and AJ Green
for

I'm kind of with Steeler on that. .... think I'd scale it back on your side. ... I'd try to keep either Bell or Connor, the picks seem fine. For me, it's Connor (best case Bell gets traded this yr - next yr it's Connor's backfield) can't see Bell returning to PIT - although he'll be somewhere else.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've hung onto him this long why move him now? When he comes back what's the chances the Steelers don't just run him into the ground???

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just worried that when Bell comes back, he is going to share the backfield with Conner to keep his legs fresh and if I can turn them both into 2 guys who would help me win this year, it would be worth it. I would also still have a few options for keepers this offseason. I doubt Bell gets traded this year, or it would have happened by now. I know I would be sacrificing two legit keepers next year, so maybe the picks are a little overkill. Maybe I will just offer it without the picks and see where it goes from there...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've hung onto him this long why move him now? When he comes back what's the chances the Steelers don't just run him into the ground???
I have this feeling that he may turn into a pussy with the ball. Go down easily, run out of bounds instead of fighting for extra yards, things like that. Then, I end up with 2 RBs who are barely worth a flex play and I would have to play matchups with the two of them, Lynch and ADP (who are ancient) to see who starts next to Ingram (who is no guarantee to keep up his status as a solid fantasy starter) and my who backfield becomes a mess.