• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should I do this trade?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with that. At least, in the three H2H leagues I'm in, no one wins if they take pitching early.

I guess it depends on the point system... but pitchers score so much more than hitters per game, and with elite SP depth, you can play the 2 start weeks of the ELITE pitchers...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fucking shit. Not to toot my own horn, but my teams rarely don't compete, whether we're talking about my keeper league or yearly leagues.

I'm looking to win this bitch this year.

I said compete instead of win only because with H2H the playoffs anything can happen... best teams don't always win... But I would be shocked if there was a better team...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it depends on the point system... but pitchers score so much more than hitters per game, and with elite SP depth, you can play the 2 start weeks of the ELITE pitchers...

I've had a ridiculous rotation in this league for years. The problem is we're talking about aces and their two start weeks tend to coincide, and just about the time they diverge from each other, the ASB resets them.

Trust me, this was a good move for my team.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said compete instead of win only because with H2H the playoffs anything can happen... best teams don't always win... But I would be shocked if there was a better team...

We determine the league champion by regular season record for that very reason.

The league has 14 teams. Five owners are really fucking good, three are dumb fucks, the remaining six range from average to somewhat above that.

So, a lot of the talent makes its way to the top five teams.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your closer is Jeanmar Gomez??

That is where I would improve on... I wouldn't settle for anything less than a top 5 RP... and I am not talking about saves...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your closer is Jeanmar Gomez??

That is where I would improve on... I wouldn't settle for anything less than a top 5 RP... and I am not talking about saves...

I always fucking ignore RP and wind up getting something reasonable.

I've got Papelshat and Cody Allen.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always fucking ignore RP and wind up getting something reasonable.

I've got Papelshat and Cody Allen.

When you only start one and HAVE to start one... They become so much more important IMO...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tj:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and damn you for having an amazing team!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and damn you for having an amazing team!

It was a long time coming.

I joined the league (a keeper league with some pretty experienced guys) in 2007 having no fantasy experience whatsoever. I made some horrible mistakes the first few years, including taking Travis Hafner with my very first pick (right before he shit himself), dropping Pedroia after his ROY season so that I could keep Phil Hughes, agreeing to trade Votto for Derrick Barton while they were both touted prospects (to a friend who is a Reds fan).

I was perennially in the shitter and with us keeping that many players, there was no easy way out. I started drafting nothing but hand selected high-end prospects (we only started keeping MiLBs three seasons ago) and MLB pitchers that I would trade every year to contending teams for future draft picks.

I've finished 3rd, 2nd and 3rd the past three seasons. I want the title this year.

I'm trying to peel Darvish off the guy that has him now.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I joined the league (a keeper league with some pretty experienced guys) in 2007 having no fantasy experience whatsoever. I made some horrible mistakes the first few years, including taking Travis Hafner with my very first pick (right before he shit himself), dropping Pedroia after his ROY season so that I could keep Phil Hughes, agreeing to trade Votto for Derrick Barton while they were both touted prospects (to a friend who is a Reds fan).

I was perennially in the shitter and with us keeping that many players, there was no easy way out. I started drafting nothing but hand selected high-end prospects (we only started keeping MiLBs three seasons ago) and MLB pitchers that I would trade every year to contending teams for future draft picks.

I've finished 3rd, 2nd and 3rd the past three seasons. I want the title this year.

I think I am the newer version of you!!! I took over this keeper team with 4 games left in the season last year (guy didn't win a single game), with a help of a buddy in my league I won 3 games... Now this year I am 0-2.... So I think I'll be in the crapper for a while too. Only problem is we can only keep 8

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Red,

I have been telling you since preseason that this is your only way out. Load up on minors players via trade and pick ups. Your current roster will not be competitive until you rebuild.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red,

I have been telling you since preseason that this is your only way out. Load up on minors players via trade and pick ups. Your current roster will not be competitive until you rebuild.

So dump deGrom?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So dump deGrom?

Degrom is the only guy you have who is a sure fire long term keeper.

You need to try to trade Encarnacion and you should not have players like Beltran. Instead, you need to pick up as many players like A.J Reed, JP Crawford, Urias, Moncada, etc.

You are not winning this year or next, no matter what you do. Time to load up on prospects and hope that some of these guys develop into the next group of stars. Continuing to roster and draft veterans is a waste of time because your keeper core was awful. You can't compete with that group.

In other words, you can either be bad while still trying to win with little hope for the future, or you can embrace the sucking, forget about trying to win now and actually turn your roster around.

Asking whether you should trade DeGrom for 2 players older than he is would be a waste of time. The answer will always be no. You need to be amazing players 23 and under with star potential.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Degrom is the only guy you have who is a sure fire long term keeper.

You need to try to trade Encarnacion and you should not have players like Beltran. Instead, you need to pick up as many players like A.J Reed, JP Crawford, Urias, Moncada, etc.

You are not winning this year or next, no matter what you do. Time to load up on prospects and hope that some of these guys develop into the next group of stars. Continuing to roster and draft veterans is a waste of time because your keeper core was awful. You can't compete with that group.

In other words, you can either be bad while still trying to win with little hope for the future, or you can embrace the sucking, forget about trying to win now and actually turn your roster around.

Asking whether you should trade DeGrom for 2 players older than he is would be a waste of time. The answer will always be no. You need to be amazing players 23 and under with star potential.

All taken so far with the exception of Reed

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All taken so far with the exception of Reed

Get Reed now!

Of all those players mentioned, he has the best chance to be a keeper next season in your league.