• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shohei

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still a very reasonable chance the interpreter is taking the fall for Ohtani
I agree but I was told ohtani was Pete Rose and betting on baseball.

It was an absurd illogical leap to go from gambling in general, to gambling on baseball, to gambling on games ohtani personally played in.

We need to wait for the facts to come out. So far, if the Feds are charging the interpreter, it would indicate that he broke some sort of federal law. To me, that means ohtani was being truthful.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I could see that. I wouldn't be surprised if the original story was closer to the truth.
If that's what's happening, I could see it where Ohtani tells the guy after he gets out Ohtani will take care of him financially

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I was told ohtani was Pete Rose and betting on baseball.

It was an absurd illogical leap to go from gambling in general, to gambling on baseball, to gambling on games ohtani personally played in.

We need to wait for the facts to come out. So far, if the Feds are charging the interpreter, it would indicate that he broke some sort of federal law. To me, that means ohtani was being truthful.
The Feds also stopped investigating the NBA after they threw Donaghy under the bus, even though there is LOTS of evidence that Foster, in particular, was also involved. MLB stopped investigating Rose once Rose agreed to his permanent ban (not a “lifetime” ban, but a ”permanent” ban).

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Feds also stopped investigating the NBA after they threw Donaghy under the bus, even though there is LOTS of evidence that Foster, in particular, was also involved. MLB stopped investigating Rose once Rose agreed to his permanent ban (not a “lifetime” ban, but a ”permanent” ban).
So a giants fan thinks it a conspiracy theory right?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind bullshit is that? Stop ruining my fantasy of the ghost of Pete gaining reinstatement to MLB and then floating up to Cooperstown in his Skechers and bowtie and giving us the acceptance speech we've all been waiting for!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was probably my best joke. It concerns me that no one is laughing...

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a Dodger fan thinks he is pure as the driven snow right?
Nice assumption...inhave clearly said something seems off previously.

I do not think ohtani is pete Rose or a member of the black socks

Clearly giants fans want ohtani to be guilty..it's obvious. I am guessing the Feds are working with Manfred and the dodgers to cover it up?

With any luck, ohtani might know where Hoffa is buried and who was on the grassy knoll right?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point. It's still weird as fuck though that a bookie would extend some random dude 4.5 milly.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. It's still weird as fuck though that a bookie would extend some random dude 4.5 milly.
I dont have the answers at all.

I am going to wait till the facts come out.

We know Feds are charging the interpreter.

Espn is saying that ohtani was truthful at this point.

We should get a more clear picture shortly.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have the answers at all.

I am going to wait till the facts come out.

We know Feds are charging the interpreter.

Espn is saying that ohtani was truthful at this point.

We should get a more clear picture shortly.

I hope Ohtani is telling the truth. I live in L.A. now and my kid was born here. He's a huge Dodgers fan and all the kids on his team were super amped with Ohtani signed. Seems the media is taking their digs at the dude. We went to spring training in AZ and there were rumors flying that Ohtani would only sign baseballs for Japanese kids. Then this. And then the media mis-interpreting him saying he spoke to the woman who caught his homerun. Seems he's got a target on him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Ohtani is telling the truth. I live in L.A. now and my kid was born here. He's a huge Dodgers fan and all the kids on his team were super amped with Ohtani signed. Seems the media is taking their digs at the dude. We went to spring training in AZ and there were rumors flying that Ohtani would only sign baseballs for Japanese kids. Then this. And then the media mis-interpreting him saying he spoke to the woman who caught his homerun. Seems he's got a target on him.
Here on the Hoop, it is driven by rivals of the dodgers. I get it to a certain extend.

The illogical leaps of judgement are what I don't get. Gambling is one thing, Gambling on games played in are another.

If he is guilty, he should be punished to the full extent. I have said that several times.

Then the conspiracy theories start.

Can't wait for the mlb and federal investigation to be done. My guess is that it won't be enough for some because he is guilty regardless of the facts found.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here on the Hoop, it is driven by rivals of the dodgers. I get it to a certain extend.

The illogical leaps of judgement are what I don't get. Gambling is one thing, Gambling on games played in are another.

If he is guilty, he should be punished to the full extent. I have said that several times.

Then the conspiracy theories start.

Can't wait for the mlb and federal investigation to be done. My guess is that it won't be enough for some because he is guilty regardless of the facts found.
Has anyone stated that he HAS gambled, though? Further, HAS anyone stated he has gambled on games he was involved in?

I have seen lots of speculation on his involvement due to the drastic story change and his isolation from the media, but I have seen (or said myself) anyone stating that he IS involved. Just that the story he and his handlers (primarily the Dodgers at this point) have sold doesn’t really add up.

You are the one who is translating that into anyone who isn’t buying his story 100% at face value as a Shohei/Dodger hater.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea if this is a real quote, as a buddy sent it to me without citation, but it's both hilarious and horribly sad (for Mariner's fans):

"Since 2021, Ippiei has spent $182,935,206.68 on sports betting, in that same time frame, John Stanton and the Seattle Mariners have spent $180,222,000 in free agency"

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea if this is a real quote, as a buddy sent it to me without citation, but it's both hilarious and horribly sad (for Mariner's fans):

"Since 2021, Ippiei has spent $182,935,206.68 on sports betting, in that same time frame, John Stanton and the Seattle Mariners have spent $180,222,000 in free agency"
That seems about right. You win some, you lose some, so you figure over those 2-3 years he placed 180 mil in bets, maybe he had a net loss of 10-12 million which led to him raiding Ohtani's bank account.