• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shit bitch

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisky absolutely did go cold multiple times throughout the night with missing easy layups that they were clearly hesitant about and some outside shots they've made all year. They played great defense too.

AZ also missed some shots and also played great D.

The amazing thing is they basically shot equal FG percentages with AZ up by 0.004 and AZ had a better 3 pt percentage by 0.4. Whiskey won the FT battle.

Kaminski was the only guy who showed up offensively for Wisky, Jackson was 4/14, Dekker 2/5, Hayes 2/8, Brust 2/7.

Gordon went 3/11, NJ 6/16, McConnel 2/10.

Rebounds were essential equal, turnovers, steals, assists, (AZ had 5 blocks to Wiskys 0)

Which all led to a really close game that I enjoyed watching last night and congrats to Wisky for a FF and to Zona for a good year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you are so upset about my opinion. I stated the same last week and got the same response above from you and Dzonfan. I have always respected Arizona's defense; just thought not enough offense to get the job done against a top 5 team. It's you two who get all defensive anytime something is said that is less than ":kissing the Arizona ring". Meanwhile both of you spent and inordinate amount of time praising the PAC 12 and downing the SEC and me in particular. Well guess how many PAC teams are remaining and how many SEC teams are remaining? Basically it's just fine for you two to dish it out, however you just can't take it. There are some great Arizona fans out there who can engage in conversation without taking it personally; you two are not in that group and that's a shame as no one died last night and even if/when those folks might not agree with me; they disagree respectfully and I'm good with that, because unlike you and Dzonfan, my opinion is subject to being questioned without me getting upset.

I respect your opinion and trust me when I say that no opinion on this board will ever make me upset. Don't mistake my vehemence or directness for anything more than it is.

Contrary to popular belief, it is quite possible, even common, to find someone's post on a message board to be absurd, while still respecting their opinion and without being upset.

So, to be clear, you found Arizonas 2 close losses away from home to top-25 rpi teams to be more worrisome than 1 home loss to #70 rpi Illinois or 1 loss to #140 rpi South Carolina?? And this, because those two top-25 rpi teams did not have enough votes from the AP to be considered "ranked" and because they occured in the calendar month of March? Because that is absurd.

The most absurd thing about your post, though, is that you think the result of the Wisconsin-Arizona game proves you correct. If I declared a particular team not to be a Final Four team, and that team ended up losing by 1 pt in OT in the game that would've gotten them to the FF... I'd be on here saying "I was wrong", not bragging. I suspect the same could be said of most reasonable adults.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season was final 4 or bust. Can't believe this shit. Not satisfied with an elite 8. We have more talent than anyone except maybe uk and we lose to a bunch of white guys? What in the fuck. Long off season now

Wisconsin vs. NCAA Tournament field...

W vs. 1 Florida 59-53
W vs. 5 St. Louis 63-57
W @ 1 Virginia 48-38
W vs. 15 UW-Milwaukee 78-52
W vs. 15 Eastern Kentucky 86-61
W vs. 11 Iowa 75-71
L vs. 2 Michigan 77-70
L vs. 4 Ohio State 59-58
W vs. 4 Michigan State 60-58
W @ 2 Michigan 75-62
W @ 11 Iowa 79-74
L @ 11 Nebraska 77-68
L vs. 4 Michigan State 83-75

And for the tourney
W vs. 15 American 75-35
W vs. 7 Oregon 85-77
W vs. 6 Baylor 69-52

9-4 vs. the tourney field in the regular season, including two wins against two #1 seeds. You didn't lose to a bunch of slow, white guys. You lost to a pretty damn good team that's beaten some damn good teams this year.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
az was overrated...couldn't even pull way ahead of WI when they were ice cold. Made some 3s early then faded.

Losing by 1 point in OT to a 2 seed = overrated? At least we were playing a 2 seed. Florida almost played 3 double digit seeds to get where they are. You should be embarrassed to only beat Dayton by 10. Go back to college football because you clearly lack CBB knowledge.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin vs. NCAA Tournament field...

W vs. 1 Florida 59-53
W vs. 5 St. Louis 63-57
W @ 1 Virginia 48-38
W vs. 15 UW-Milwaukee 78-52
W vs. 15 Eastern Kentucky 86-61
W vs. 11 Iowa 75-71
L vs. 2 Michigan 77-70
L vs. 4 Ohio State 59-58
W vs. 4 Michigan State 60-58
W @ 2 Michigan 75-62
W @ 11 Iowa 79-74
L @ 11 Nebraska 77-68
L vs. 4 Michigan State 83-75

And for the tourney
W vs. 15 American 75-35
W vs. 7 Oregon 85-77
W vs. 6 Baylor 69-52

9-4 vs. the tourney field in the regular season, including two wins against two #1 seeds. You didn't lose to a bunch of slow, white guys. You lost to a pretty damn good team that's beaten some damn good teams this year.
I follow Wisconsin. I know they are good. Arizona's aspirations have been Final 4 or bust all season. That's all. Last night was just an excruciating way to lose.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you are so upset about my opinion. I stated the same last week and got the same response above from you and Dzonfan. I have always respected Arizona's defense; just thought not enough offense to get the job done against a top 5 team. It's you two who get all defensive anytime something is said that is less than ":kissing the Arizona ring". Meanwhile both of you spent and inordinate amount of time praising the PAC 12 and downing the SEC and me in particular. Well guess how many PAC teams are remaining and how many SEC teams are remaining? Basically it's just fine for you two to dish it out, however you just can't take it. There are some great Arizona fans out there who can engage in conversation without taking it personally; you two are not in that group and that's a shame as no one died last night and even if/when those folks might not agree with me; they disagree respectfully and I'm good with that, because unlike you and Dzonfan, my opinion is subject to being questioned without me getting upset.

I think the problem is half your CBB related comments are spent trying to downgrade Arizona. It gets old.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow Wisconsin. I know they are good. Arizona's aspirations have been Final 4 or bust all season. That's all. Last night was just an excruciating way to lose.

Our aspirations were championship or bust until the injury. Then they became FF or bust in most of our eyes. Just wanted Miller to get his first FF, even if it didn't end in a championship. Guy is doing all the right things and now has two EE losses by a total of 3 points.

I'm just so mad Nick didn't have a chance to hit two FTs he earned to give us the lead. Do you know that on my Arizona site some "fans" think Nick isn't clutch because of that last play? It's almost as insane as someone telling Runeman they respect his opinion

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just so mad Nick didn't have a chance to hit two FTs he earned to give us the lead. Do you know that on my Arizona site some "fans" think Nick isn't clutch because of that last play? It's almost as insane as someone telling Runeman they respect his opinion

My opinion was that Arizona was not a final 4 team and I was correct. Also my opinion has picked the last ten games correctly; INCLUDING THE ARIZONA LOSS. A little cheese with that wine...LOL. Two losses in March...sorry; just not gonna happen. Your problem is other than you; folks can't have an opinion, unless it sucks up to Arizona. Your team lost; get over it... and have a nice day...:lol:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but this year is the B1G party in TX. It is THE BEST conference year in and year out.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion was that Arizona was not a final 4 team and I was correct. Also my opinion has picked the last ten games correctly; INCLUDING THE ARIZONA LOSS. A little cheese with that wine...LOL. Two losses in March...sorry; just not gonna happen. Your problem is other than you; folks can't have an opinion, unless it sucks up to Arizona. Your team lost; get over it... and have a nice day...:lol:

Pick emz!!!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think it's fair for any fans to have an NC or bust type mentality. Injuries aside, there are just too many variables (fouls, match-ups, off-nights, tourney locations, etc) that are just too much to expect NC or bust. The last NC or bust team to me were the UCLA Bruins of the 70's. Other than that, I had a FF or bust mentality for AZ, and then w/o Ashley, I had expectations to at least win 30 games, win the Pac, get to the Elite Eight, and make it one hell of a game. All of that was accomplished. I'm not pissed at all about the season. I think if you take a starter away from any title hope team, during March, that getting to the FF shouldn't be an expectation. I think we still had the horses to get to the FF, and a one-point loss in OT proves that. You fucks can say whatever you want. You can say that you were surprised that it was that close, but it could have just as easily been an 5-8 point win for AZ. So your opinion means shit to me.

Bottom line is that you take a starter out of the lineup for any of the remaining teams in the Elite Eight, and I would be stunned for them to get to the FF. AZ is no different, especially playing a #2 seed. Losing a starter, and still getting a point away from the FF, while dominating the conference all season is just fine with me. Looking forward to next year, and making another run at it. You ask Bo Ryan, or anyone else in the country who say that game, and if you say that they are not a FF team, then you are essentially saying that UW isn't either. Both teams played a hell of a game, and left it all out on the course. Hell, if UW runs the table, then there's an obvious argument that last night could have been the title game. I'm not one for hypotheticals, but it just goes to show that saying AZ isn't a FF team because both teams played their hearts out and AZ lost by one in OT, is a pretty ridiculous statement. That's like saying that Duke a Round of 32 team, based solely on the fact that they lost to Mercer. Asinine statement.

Last edited by a moderator: