• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shit bitch

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck. Damn zebras muther fuckers

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ, I'm glad to see you made it through the night.

I was worried about you, you know, given the outcome of the game.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season was final 4 or bust. Can't believe this shit. Not satisfied with an elite 8. We have more talent than anyone except maybe uk and we lose to a bunch of white guys? What in the fuck. Long off season now

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season was final 4 or bust. Can't believe this shit. Not satisfied with an elite 8. We have more talent than anyone except maybe uk and we lose to a bunch of white guys? What in the fuck. Long off season now

Don't be too upset. That same Wisconsin team also beat Florida this year, they beat Virginia this year, they split with Michigan and they split with Michigan State too.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
az was overrated...couldn't even pull way ahead of WI when they were ice cold. Made some 3s early then faded.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
az was overrated...couldn't even pull way ahead of WI when they were ice cold. Made some 3s early then faded.

Every game, there's some idiot that says Arizona's opponent was "ice cold", "couldn't shoot", "had a bad offensive night". That's because they were playing Arizona go look up their defensive fg%.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one hurts more than the last close EE loss, to Uconn, because this Zona team is so much better than that Zona team was.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Them whiteys can play. :lol:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I fell for the hype too. I had AZ over WI for that bracket and losing to UF in the finals.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I fell for the hype too. I had AZ over WI for that bracket and losing to UF in the finals.

Not me; any team that loses to two unranked teams in March is not a final 4 team. I had Wisconsin to win the game...surprised it was a close as it was. Other than Kaminski, really thought Wisconsin did not play as well as they are capable.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runeman your ridiculousness knows no bounds.

So AZ wasn't a FF four team because they lost close games @ #7 Oregon and #4 UCLA in march, just their 3rd and 4th losses of the season.

How about Kentucky losing to S carolina in March, Michigan st losing to Illinois in march?

Losing by 1 pt in overtime of the EE to the 2 seed does not give you the ammo you think it does to defend the blind hate you've had for AZ all season.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hype? lol. The imaginary chasm fans and media have positioned between the EE and the FF is absurd.

Wisoncsin wins by 1 in overtime to get to the FF, so they are validated, the seasons is a success, everyone who said Wisconsin was good has been vindicated.

Arizona loses by 1 in overtime narrowly missing the EE, so they were all hype, overrated, no good, anyone who said they were good is an idiot.

Hype is a word for preseason top-5 teams that go the NIT.
Hype is a word for top-3 seeds that lose the first weekend of the tourney.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every game, there's some idiot that says Arizona's opponent was "ice cold", "couldn't shoot", "had a bad offensive night". That's because they were playing Arizona go look up their defensive fg%.

KenPom posted on twitter that we had the 5th most points per possession against you guys of anyone last year, which blew my mid. You guys did have the best defense in America this year, no doubt. We still missed a lot of shots we should have, though. We missed more layups yesterday than we did all season. Part of that was because we were hesitant, because you guys were blocking shots. Part of that was because neither team was shooting very well.

And as much as people say defense wins championships, the sad truth is that it doesn't in college basketball. A great defensive team that isn't good on offense is likely to go cold at least once and go home. I learned that the hard way last year, when we had the best defense in college basketball over the last five years and lost in the first round cause we shot 25%.

The numbers right now: Only 2 of the 6 teams left are top 25 defenses. 5 of the 6 teams left are top 20 offenses. Offense wins championships.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KenPom posted on twitter that we had the 5th most points per possession against you guys of anyone last year, which blew my mid. You guys did have the best defense in America this year, no doubt. We still missed a lot of shots we should have, though. We missed more layups yesterday than we did all season. Part of that was because we were hesitant, because you guys were blocking shots. Part of that was because neither team was shooting very well.

And as much as people say defense wins championships, the sad truth is that it doesn't in college basketball. A great defensive team that isn't good on offense is likely to go cold at least once and go home. I learned that the hard way last year, when we had the best defense in college basketball over the last five years and lost in the first round cause we shot 25%.

The numbers right now: Only 2 of the 6 teams left are top 25 defenses. 5 of the 6 teams left are top 20 offenses. Offense wins championships.

As someone who has watched teams (some really good offensive teams) try to score against Arizona all year, my take away from Wisconsin's offensive was that they were very impressive, not that they were struggling to score. Viewed through the lens of the defense they were playing that is the reality.

I'll disagree with the defense doesn't win championships. I think 9 of the last 11 champs led the country in Adj Def Eff, which was Arizona this year, but Florida is #2.

A variety of teams often make the final four, but the best defense in the FF almost always wins it all. Uconn is really the lone recent exception.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hype? lol. The imaginary chasm fans and media have positioned between the EE and the FF is absurd.

Wisoncsin wins by 1 in overtime to get to the FF, so they are validated, the seasons is a success, everyone who said Wisconsin was good has been vindicated.

Arizona loses by 1 in overtime narrowly missing the EE, so they were all hype, overrated, no good, anyone who said they were good is an idiot.

Don't worry. We've had to deal with this, too. I've been told for the last few weeks by some "special" posters that Bo Ryan's system could never make the Final Four and he is a complete failure.

It sort of ignores that he had a team lose by 1 to a 1 seed on a missed buzzer-beater in their state, and he had a team which gave arguably the best team of the last twenty years their hardest game of the tourney in the Elite Eight. But somehow, it was "impossible" for Bo to ever make a Final Four and proves all our teams were flukes. Right....

Arizona was exactly what they were hyped up to be. They were a great defensive team, with a solid but unspectacular offense. If that offense had shot a little better yesterday, they'd be going to North Texas, and likely against a Michigan team they match up very well with and had already beaten in their house.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry. We've had to deal with this, too. I've been told for the last few weeks by some "special" posters that Bo Ryan's system could never make the Final Four and he is a complete failure.

It sort of ignores that he had a team lose by 1 to a 1 seed on a missed buzzer-beater in their state, and he had a team which gave arguably the best team of the last twenty years their hardest game of the tourney in the Elite Eight. But somehow, it was "impossible" for Bo to ever make a Final Four and proves all our teams were flukes. Right....

Arizona was exactly what they were hyped up to be. They were a great defensive team, with a solid but unspectacular offense. If that offense had shot a little better yesterday, they'd be going to North Texas, and likely against a Michigan team they match up very well with and had already beaten in their house.

Very well said, a perfect summation of Arizona, which, as you said is all they were ever hyped to be.

If I can remove the fact that it came at the expense of AZ, I am very happy for Bo Ryan!!

I'll be pulling for the Badgers. The last team that beat Zona in a heart breaker in the Anaheim regional final did well for themselves (uconn).

Last edited by a moderator:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 9 of the last 11 champs led the country in Adj Def Eff, which was Arizona this year, but Florida is #2.

A variety of teams often make the final four, but the best defense in the FF almost always wins it all. Uconn is really the lone recent exception.

I think the stat is 9 of the last 11 champs were in the top ten defensively. I just checked quickly, and Kansas was the only champ since 2003 to be #1 in defensive efficiency. But you are right in that the champion is usually very good at defense. The only remaining team that fits the statistical mold of recent champs is Florida.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runeman your ridiculousness knows no bounds.

So AZ wasn't a FF four team because they lost close games @ #7 Oregon and #4 UCLA in march, just their 3rd and 4th losses of the season.

How about Kentucky losing to S carolina in March, Michigan st losing to Illinois in march?

That's just one game; Arizona lost 2...sorry.

Losing by 1 pt in overtime of the EE to the 2 seed does not give you the ammo you think it does to defend the blind hate you've had for AZ all season.

Sorry you are so upset about my opinion. I stated the same last week and got the same response above from you and Dzonfan. I have always respected Arizona's defense; just thought not enough offense to get the job done against a top 5 team. It's you two who get all defensive anytime something is said that is less than ":kissing the Arizona ring". Meanwhile both of you spent and inordinate amount of time praising the PAC 12 and downing the SEC and me in particular. Well guess how many PAC teams are remaining and how many SEC teams are remaining? Basically it's just fine for you two to dish it out, however you just can't take it. There are some great Arizona fans out there who can engage in conversation without taking it personally; you two are not in that group and that's a shame as no one died last night and even if/when those folks might not agree with me; they disagree respectfully and I'm good with that, because unlike you and Dzonfan, my opinion is subject to being questioned without me getting upset.