• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Share your thoughts on the new Windows 10

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it is strange. Nvidia certainly has pissed off Linus who has to deal with all the hardware manufacturers. Linus's job with Kernel development is crucial and so pervasive throughout the industry. What Nvidia doesn't get, if you want to make a move and be a player in mobile (which they've tried and failed with Tegra) - you better play nice with Linus. His kernel is at the root of the Android operating system (majority share of phones/tablets).

I really wouldn't recommend stock in Nvidia - with the desktop market drying up and no viable markets to break into, their future looks bleak.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the desktop market drying up and no viable markets to break into, their future looks bleak.
It'll become a niche/business market more than likely. High end games and big business will never abandon the PC entirely, the processor power just isn't there for tablets or phones. Video rendering will always require more GPU power and CPU power so Nvidia will be king there I think.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually they'll get gobbled up - I suspect Samsung will go after AMD and/or their recent spinoff - Radeon Technologies Group... and Intel may go after Nvidia when they bottom out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nVidia is king in the markets I deal with. Can't use ATI if I wanted to. They just aren't stable in any of the video platforms I deal with. All of the surveillance rooms I've built are 100% nVidia.

Hell, I haven't installed an ATI or AMD in anything I personally use in at least a decade.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll become a niche/business market more than likely. High end games and big business will never abandon the PC entirely, the processor power just isn't there for tablets or phones. Video rendering will always require more GPU power and CPU power so Nvidia will be king there I think.

Agreed, Nvidia Quadro line-up may be their saving grace - they really have the professional rendering market locked up. I'm kinda watching what Intel does, they really need help and have been trying to expand into a few other markets (mobile/graphics/professional graphics) due to the decline of desktops - but are so far behind. I just believe the fabless manufacturers (AMD, NVidia, Qualcomm) will eventually all be consumed by the bigs boys who have fabs - Samsung/Intel.

AMD's biggest mistake IMO was spinning off their fabs (Global Foundries).

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-31_8-58-24.png
    upload_2015-12-31_8-58-24.png
    456 bytes · Views: 14

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, i finally bought my first computer in like 8 years. cheap ass HP Pavilion laptop.

but, i finally get to experience windows 10.

I chose to stay away from the touchscreen, which to me was kinda lame.