• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sexton on Saban and Texas

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned above, I believe he wont leave Bama.

Today, on the local espn radio here in Austin, a few points were made when they interviewed the reporter of the story (name begins with a V, cant remember now), and his point was that this did NOT all begin with the rogue UT board of regent guy seeking out Saban in January.

He said this began in January when Saban's camp reached out to Texas.

His point was that Saban used the term special pressure. Just seems kind of odd.

I still don't think he is coming to Texas, so don't get me wrong. I just think this whole thing is somewhat bizarre...

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban: "Well I don't know where these reports come from," Saban said. "I've sort of addressed the situation before. I'm totally committed to the University of Alabama, looking forward to the game we have this week and all my focus has been on LSU and what our team needs to do to play their best."

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking, has to just be his agent doing due diligence, gaining leverage.

The whole thing is strange. Cant ever remember a sitting coach (Mack Brown) having so much talk of his potential replacements, during the season. And a season where he is 5-0 in conference, and a chance of winning the conference championship.

And not only talk of replacements (long list of potential coaches talked about), but this coming out exactly as a new AD is announced at UT...

Just a strange deal.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe Saban feels any pressure he could get caught with a male hooker and lose to Auburn 3 years in a row and keep his job. Now by the 4th loss to Auburn the natives would start to turn quickly.

Anyway he coaches 5 more years max then retires probably to do some speeches here and there for huge bucks...maybe.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running on FoxSports1 now, story about Saban. They ran a clip of Saban answering the question about Texas again. His answer, "I am committed to Alabama."

I would pay a sum of money I care about for a reporter to follow that up with, "As committed to Alabama as you were to the Dolphins?"

Apocalypse. Four Horsemen. Trumpet sounding. People raising from the dead. It would be more entertaining than any game.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running on FoxSports1 now, story about Saban. They ran a clip of Saban answering the question about Texas again. His answer, "I am committed to Alabama."

I would pay a sum of money I care about for a reporter to follow that up with, "As committed to Alabama as you were to the Dolphins?"

Apocalypse. Four Horsemen. Trumpet sounding. People raising from the dead. It would be more entertaining than any game.

The media needed an angle for this game since LSU has lost two times and this game is not the game they had hoped for in terms of two undefeated teams battling for a possible title shot and the West Crown of the SEC. This is all media sensation since the email that is in question was in January and nothing ever came of it them. Saban has gone on record several times since then as being happy at Alabama, so its all media driven.

Here's the angle they should be working. If Bama can win out it will be FSU/Bama in the title game and that will be a battle as both teams are built similar and the coaches have a history. Instead they are looking to create a firestorm the week of one of Alabama's biggest rivalry games in the hopes of maybe creating a change in the top of the rankings. Its all in a days work when your the coach of the best football team in the country each year, but I know it gets to Saban sometimes. Look for a similar ploy the week before Auburn, it will get hyped again for sure.