• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seriously... how freakin' cool is this.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good friend of mine (lil' Bizzle's girlfriends daddy, actually) is playing in this game.
No idea how his wife found out about it and was able to get him in it, but he will be playing on the white team.
He plays in a pick up league that Boulerice, Aaron Ward and Willis show up and play all the time, so I can only assume through that.

Talk about a once in a lifetime opportunity!!
Lucky son-of-a-bitch

Charity game, donations taken at the door, charity silent auction... shit... this "FREE" game is going to cost me a lot of money. lol Worth it though.

-------------------------------------------------------

Canes Alumni 'Fantasy Game' Set for April 1
Fans have chance to watch Francis, Brind’Amour back in action at PNC Arena
Wednesday, 03.14.2012 / 3:18 PM / News

RALEIGH, NC – The National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes today announced the festivities surrounding the team’s first-ever Alumni Fantasy Game, to be held on Sunday, April 1 at 3 p.m. Ten locally-based Hurricanes alumni, including Ron Francis, Rod Brind’Amour and Glen Wesley, will participate in the game at PNC Arena. The event is open to the public and free of charge, with an optional contribution to the Kids ‘N Community Foundation at the door.

The 10 alumni will be joined by 30 players who paid to participate in the Fantasy Game, and are broken into teams as follows:

WHITE TEAM
Rod Brind'Amour (C)
Glen Wesley (A)
Jesse Boulerice
Robert Kron
Tripp Tracy

RED TEAM
Ron Francis (C)
Shane Willis
Aaron Ward
Steven Halko
Steve Rice

For the fans attending the event, the Hurricanes will create a game atmosphere in the arena, including Hurricanes Play-by-Play Announcer John Forslund’s call on the video board, Stormy, the Eye Care Associates Storm Squad and more. Hurricanes Head Coach Kirk Muller and his staff will serve as coaches for the game, which will be no-hitting, with three running-clock periods and full intermissions. Food and beverage will be for sale in the arena, and the Kids ‘N Community Foundation will offer a silent auction during the game, featuring select game-worn jerseys from the Canes Alumni Game, as well as other rare Hurricanes memorabilia.

Doors open to all fans at 2 p.m. and seating will be general admission. Fans are asked to park and enter through the East side of PNC Arena, and parking is free of charge.

The Carolina Hurricanes Kids ‘N Community Foundation provides much needed funding to children’s charities and education programs throughout North Carolina. The Foundation has funded scholarship programs, youth hockey, educational and literacy efforts, children’s health programs, the arts and other children’s related initiatives. Annually, the Foundation provides cash and in-kind contributions of more than $1 million to charitable and educational programs in North Carolina. Every member of the Hurricanes organization is actively involved in community activities and the Hurricanes take great pride in the ability to have a positive impact in our state.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super cool!!!

Except for the part about the Carolina Hurricanes. :fish:

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be on the white team, so potentially could be on Rod Brind'Amour's line, with Welsey on the blue line.

that is Nucking Futs.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
very cool. I've got a buddy in South Carolina, and the summer leagues pick up tremendously when the NHLers pick up some ice time.
I guess high caliber hockey is a bit hard to find down there, so if you've got guys that can skate at decent pace, that's good enough for these guys to keep their legs moving.

Up here, we've had enough pros in town than Cliff Ronning runs a summer ice time that is pretty much exclusively pro players.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very cool. I've got a buddy in South Carolina, and the summer leagues pick up tremendously when the NHLers pick up some ice time.
I guess high caliber hockey is a bit hard to find down there, so if you've got guys that can skate at decent pace, that's good enough for these guys to keep their legs moving.

Up here, we've had enough pros in town than Cliff Ronning runs a summer ice time that is pretty much exclusively pro players.

we aren't quite there yet... gotta give us a little time. :eyebrows: