• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Pens vs Rangers round 2

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, hopefully the Pens can regain their intensity for game 7. I have my doubts, but I don't think it goes much beyond that. The best players need to step up, Sid, Malkin, Neal, Fleury, Letang and Martin. And score a damn powerplay goal for once.

And props to the Rangers for playing so well, there isn't any question they have looked like a completely different team Games 5 and 6.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team of prima donna's lacks the killer instinct...one game win out of 3 puts them into the next round...and they can't do it...play without heart, show no leadership where it matters, and have invisible "best player(s)" in hockey...they make me puke.

I will be going to watch the Winterhawks v Oil kings game 7 tonight...that will be exciting!

Go Winterhawks...fuck the pens!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team of prima donna's lacks the killer instinct...one game win out of 3 puts them into the next round...and they can't do it...play without heart, show no leadership where it matters, and have invisible "best player(s)" in hockey...they make me puke.

I will be going to watch the Winterhawks v Oil kings game 7 tonight...that will be exciting!

Go Winterhawks...fuck the pens!

LOL Scouty, almost wish I could do the same, but I've seen the Pens until the bitter end since 1989, can't end my streak.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to look like San Jose east.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, hopefully the Pens can regain their intensity for game 7. I have my doubts, but I don't think it goes much beyond that. The best players need to step up, Sid, Malkin, Neal, Fleury, Letang and Martin. And score a damn powerplay goal for once.

And props to the Rangers for playing so well, there isn't any question they have looked like a completely different team Games 5 and 6.

Regardless of whether we beat the Rangers in game 7 or not, makes no difference to me because we'll end up losing in the next round anyways. At this point, I would be happy to lose this game just to get better positioning in the draft.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whether we beat the Rangers in game 7 or not, makes no difference to me because we'll end up losing in the next round anyways. At this point, I would be happy to lose this game just to get better positioning in the draft.

With the draft is there such a huge drop off from 2 to 3 draft positions?

I don't expect much out of them on Tuesday not only because of this teams play but the Rangers really showed their speed the last 2 games and Henrik became unstoppable.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough, I don't really care if we lose next round, I'd rather they win no matter what.

As for the draft, it really doesn't matter between the few remaining spots.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the draft is there such a huge drop off from 2 to 3 draft positions?

I don't expect much out of them on Tuesday not only because of this teams play but the Rangers really showed their speed the last 2 games and Henrik became unstoppable.

Hendrick bailed them out for sure, as good as the Rangers played, the Pens had plenty of chances. They just need to bury those chances.

They need to get that pp working again. Sid needs to be on the goal line working in close not any where near the circles where can throw ill advised cross crease passes to no one.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I don't really care if we lose next round, I'd rather they win no matter what.

As for the draft, it really doesn't matter between the few remaining spots.

I have to disagree, might as well build the pipeline….which we'll never use :gaah:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The failure to score is not lack of effort. They generated chances, got to the dirty areas, it wasn't because they stayed on the perimeter and shot from distance with no traffic.

For most of the second and third periods, every time the puck went toward the goal, the Penguins got to the crease and started whacking, no matter which line was out. That's how you score goals in the playoffs. And everyone bought into it. They just didn't finish. Whether that's puck luck or rushing or squeezing the sticks or tremendous goaltending I can't be sure, but it's not lack of effort, heart, desire, fight or whatever other word you want to use.

It is a lack of finish. It is a failure to capitalize on chances. But those are not equivalent to lack of effort. In fact, they're often associated with just the opposite. Pressing. Forcing. Panicking. Those are possible.

Either way, it requires an adjustment. We have to beat Lundqvist. It's not playing with more urgency or desperation, it's finding out how he's stopping you and doing something different. I would guess he's selling out on something he expects the Penguins to do, which is allowing him to make saves which look ridiculous (like the one on Neal's one-timer from the slot or the blocker save on some other one-timer from the slot. Both were good shots from good areas, good pace, elevated, but he got to both, and he's gotten to a lot of shots the past couple games, and that makes me think, good as he is, he knows what we're trying to do and guessing right most of the time.

That should show up in film, though, and it should be something we exploit. Teams beat Jonathan Quick, for example, by using his aggressiveness against him. His aggressiveness is what makes him great, but it's also his biggest weakness if you can take advantage of it. Lundqvist is doing something similar to the Penguins right now, and it's up to the aggregate brainworks of the players and coaching staff to solve it.

Unfortunately, Bylsma's been historically terrible and identifying and exploiting weaknesses or making any adjustments in general. Though he has been better this postseason than in the past (even if not good), so at least there is some hope.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hendrick bailed them out for sure, as good as the Rangers played, the Pens had plenty of chances. They just need to bury those chances.

They need to get that pp working again. Sid needs to be on the goal line working in close not any where near the circles where can throw ill advised cross crease passes to no one.

Oh yeah that PP makes you want to scream. Watching their awful passing and it seems they have had horrible shot selection on the PP. It is almost like they took all what the Rangers were doing bad the first few games and implemented it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pens lose game 7, I've already found my new bandwagon. Doobster will be supporting Pittsburgh's very own, John Gibson, what a phenom!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rain: <---- Sid in game 7! I love game 7's!!!!!! May the best squirter win!!!! Going to be fun!!!!

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I accept all blame for the Pens failures after watching the Portland Winterhawks play exactly as the Pens do...10 minutes of very good, dominant hockey in the first period and then disappear and only get shots from the perimeter the rest of the way while being unable to defend. Pathetic...

Only thing is, the Winterhawks stars still score in the playoffs and show some heart...

My "whoa is me" is predicting dismal failure on the Pens tonight...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I accept all blame for the Pens failures after watching the Portland Winterhawks play exactly as the Pens do...10 minutes of very good, dominant hockey in the first period and then disappear and only get shots from the perimeter the rest of the way while being unable to defend. Pathetic...

Only thing is, the Winterhawks stars still score in the playoffs and show some heart...

My "whoa is me" is predicting dismal failure on the Pens tonight...

I agree scouty, I'll be watching tonight but I won't care if we win or lose. If we win we lose in the next round anyways. If we lose at least we get a better draft pick. I don't see why we should be rooting for the Pens to win tonight, seems there's more to gain by losing.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go Penguin fans, quite possibly the last game of the season. I don't have high hopes for this one, but I do hope we go down fighting and not just keel over. LET'S GO PENS!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, another bad start, just what we needed :L

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke this team is along the boards. No heart, no pride, really sad.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's funny, for the first time ever, I'm not even upset that we lost a playoff series. I'm just glad this frustrating season is over with.