• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sept. 25 vs. San Francisco

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Uhsplit, I'm becoming a bit concerned with ET and his subpar performances 3 games in. Fortunately, 23'43 2-1 and Kam is back to form and I'm sure ET will come around too.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He invented the modern golfer as far as how to present yourself. His approach was unreal as well.

That's a strong man going after a small white ball with everything he can with no wasted motion.
That was awesome gohusk!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense looked a whole lot better for sure, but how much of that is the niners DL being garbage? This next game will tell us more.

Also, michael looks like alexander with all the weak sauce avoiding of contact, falling down constantly, etc. He had some good runs, but he IS NOT a #1 back.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense looked a whole lot better for sure, but how much of that is the niners DL being garbage? This next game will tell us more.

Also, michael looks like alexander with all the weak sauce avoiding of contact, falling down constantly, etc. He had some good runs, but he IS NOT a #1 back.

this is exactly what I said I think the 49er may not have gameplan or showed him much respect which is why they were caught off guard. CM isn't a bad back I just think he is a good back and can make plays when he has the opportunity

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big sigh of relief win (looked like ourselves again) if it weren't for the knee injury to our QB. It's a weird league...we just smoked the team that smoked the team that beat us last week.

Good to see Jimmy bust out a big performance and get back to about what we were seeing in the middle of last year before he got hurt. Career day for DB and that diving 1-hander was sick, and awfully odd to not see Lockett catch a single pass.

Didn't like seeing the 49ers get a couple garbage time TDs, but overall the D had another really fine day. Kam was wrecking guys out there.

All right, fingers crossed and breath held until we hear more about the knee...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ sprained his MCL.

There is talk of him resting him vs the Jets.

Sources: The score mobile and CBS Sports mobile devices

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sitting wilson is a de facto forfeit.

I will bet he probably starts, but if their DL is manhandling our OL like i think it will they will pull him. it would be a shame to break is consecutive starts streak.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and awfully odd to not see Lockett catch a single pass.

I think we as fans were expecting a wee bit much from him in terms of progression, but as the return showed, he's too good an athlete to not influence games anyway.

One of the storylines this year early has been Baldwin and Lockett - and the two are kinda' intertwined imo.

1. Lockett struggling a bit I think with teams changing their approach to him
2. Baldwin NOT stopping playing with his attitude despite signing the big contract.

I think if 2 wasn't happening, there'd be more opportunities for Lockett.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett will get more looks if teams start to pay more attention to Graham and Baldwin. Kearse and Lockett will see more targets.

I'm concerned for the running game going forward as well. Michael isn't a smart runner. He hits whatever hole was designed in the play whether or not it's actually open and it's obvious when he does that. He's not very good at adapting and anticipating holes. Of course he runs well in space, but so do most RB's in the league. Rawles coming back actually healthy might bump up the run a bit, but that line and those runners don't leave me very confident.

As for Wilson, I'd be surprised if he's not out there this week. The danger with an MCL is lateral movement of the knee and it's pretty easy to put a brace on that prevents that kind of motion without limiting a QB's overall mobility. He will have pain in it, but people play through those all the time.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ sprained his MCL.

There is talk of him resting him vs the Jets.

Sources: The score mobile and CBS Sports mobile devices
Nothing but uncertainty at this point. I think I could see it going either way, but Russell is clearly talking as if he expects to play....not a huge surprise I guess. He would probably say that if you cut his leg off at the knee.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we as fans were expecting a wee bit much from him in terms of progression, but as the return showed, he's too good an athlete to not influence games anyway.

One of the storylines this year early has been Baldwin and Lockett - and the two are kinda' intertwined imo.

1. Lockett struggling a bit I think with teams changing their approach to him
2. Baldwin NOT stopping playing with his attitude despite signing the big contract.

I think if 2 wasn't happening, there'd be more opportunities for Lockett.
Unrealistic expectations certainly could be in play, but last week vs Rams I thought he got into his groove and figured he would get some similar chances yesterday. Graham & Baldwin combined for 14 catches so there weren't a ton more to be had I guess. Really like what I've seen of DB to this point though. There was a small part of me that doubted if he would keep rolling like last year's 2nd half, but even with a lesser output vs Rams the overall numbers are there so far.