• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Senior Bowl....Carl?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys! Sorry I haven’t been on. Pretty much going from sun up to sun down with things. I’ll have to give a more thorough story of my experience soon. You would not believe the people I have been hanging out with.

Anyway if you want a general idea of what I have seen my articles/podcasts with Nick from on here are up at milehighhuddle.com. Any of the VIP content just ask me what I wrote if you have not already subscribed and I can give you a quick run down of it. Beyond that I’ve been tweeting videos, observations, etc. on my twitter handle that is CarlDumlerMHH

This would be a good article. I know we breakdown players and prospects more, but a human interest "my story in Mobile" would be awesome, especially with how things started for you this trip! lol

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Check out Huddle Up Podcast! We are doing 3 this week

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a good article. I know we breakdown players and prospects more, but a human interest "my story in Mobile" would be awesome, especially with how things started for you this trip! lol

Yeah I'm more interested in Carl's experiences than the players. Who do u meet? What did you hear on purpose or accidentally, did he try to hang out at places where the Gms and coaches go. Waffle House rumors

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the support guys! And Scott I am definitely a James Washington believer now. Great player and a top-5 receiver in this draft.

HELL YEA..

I see we met with him too. Means nothing but at least we have an interest early on.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the link, Carl. Good information.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are we taking number 5 Carl? Quit messing around!

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it will be Mayfield

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it will be Mayfield

Curtis Mayfield would be a wonderful choice.

vczsm7e1hmshm1cs.jpg

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be Barkley and not at 5

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving up to #1 to draft Riley Ferguson because one inaccurate Memphis QB wasn't enough. We don't want to lose him to the Browns so we are sending the house for him!

;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do u think about Siran Neal Jacksonville St
Just took Washington to the woodshed
Locked him down couldn't get off the LOS
Good size for a CB

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do u think about Siran Neal Jacksonville St
Just took Washington to the woodshed
Locked him down couldn't get off the LOS
Good size for a CB

Neal is good. Very underrated being from a smaller school. Don't like him as much as I like Dubuque (IA) DB Michael Joseph but they might be the top two small school sleepers in the draft. Neal will do well in press coverage unit. He has Seattle written all over him. He can press Washington but he sure as heck can't run with him one on one.. Needs to be in that type of D to succeed.

Shaquem Griffin the Central Florida guy I have been talking about the past few years has had looks at LB, edge and S... He is quite the story and quite the player. Size is an issue for him at LB and EDGE but the guy just makes plays..

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carl ought to spice things up with a strip club tour for human interest. He can publish this story under his nom de plume - LGM.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
950AM this morning with Vic, Manchester and HW...
They mentioned that that Sayre Carl and Jeff were blowing up their twitter feed. Said their analysis was silly and dumb. Said they tweeted out that "so and so looked great in one on one drills" and one of the guys said "That's ridiculous because is he going to be playing one on one in the game?"

Wow that is just other level stupid lol of course the 1 on 1s matter… it all starts about doing your job as a player… and if everyone executes together and wins their one on one… guess what, you are gonna succeed on that play.

Why the hell do they think the coaches and scouts are putting these players through the 1v1s? If anything they amplify the analysis because you don’t get guys feeding off other talent around them or the scheme they play in.

That is dumb as hell.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubuque, IA DB Michael Joseph is impressing. Love seeing this. D3 school in Iowa, not far from my hometown. Sent a U of Tennessee player there a few years back that I went to Iowa State's proday with. Vikings, Dolphins, Ravens and Giants scouts talked to him at the proday.. He ended up on the Vikings for a short time (Darren Myles)

Joseph is getting a A LOT of love. Crazy to see a U of Dubuque player in the SR bowl, and unlike Myles he didn't start out at a major program.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the SR bowl are this:

The SR bowl is maybe more important for fans who don't watch much college football during the course of the season. They read or hear about prospects but don't really get a good look at them until they read reports/see the game.

I think the game itself has very little impact.

I think it is important for players obviously otherwise they wouldn't have it but moreso in terms of practice, interviews, 1 on 1's than the game itself.

If gives scouts a chance to meet with players, see their personality, character, etc. There may be a thing or two on the field wise where someone may see a difference in their scouting during the season, but for the most part it's a bigger deal for fans who haven't seen a lot of these guys. They often base their opinion off one game or one week of an all-star game.

The interview process is a huge however with SR bowl. Might be one of the bigger things of the SR bowl process for players. Combine obviously numbers are huge and then you also get the interview process with that and proday. When I went to Iowa State's proday with a player a few years back I felt most conversations between player and team personnel was about 2-5 minutes, but other then EJ Bibbs not many high prospects at Iowa State proday that year.

Watch Baker Mayfield go #1 overall to the Browns. I'm still not sold nor am I 100% anti Baker. I don't see Brees in him nor do I see Johnny Manziel. I see somewhere in the middle. (which is a HUGE gap)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - Manziel is the short story comparison to Mayfield - which is why I don't see the Brown's making that pick. I'm not saying it is a fair comparison, but it makes some surface sense in comparison to Manziel.

I think the important thing about the Broncos coaching in the Senior Bowl is that it will help to align Bronco scouting with guys the coaches can agree fit the scheme they want to run. The failure of the Bronco last year - I think - was Elway assembled the top guys as coaches - made a lot of decision on personnel and brought in a young coach - turned out to be too many chiefs and not enough Indians. So the scouts had no clear vision about what kind of talent to bring in.