• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

See Game of Thrones for the First Time Again: Through My Eyes

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh..... wooooshhhh, it went right over my head.... LOL.

So, just because I tbink it'd be cool, Ill guess its the Mad King's wife... Or some way that he has "dragon blood" like Daenaryus...

Not gonna say if you are right or wrong or close, but that's a very interesting guess.

Not sure how far along you are but there aren't really that many clues during the first few seasons on the show. The first book, which aligns with Season 1, has way more clues.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, just because I tbink it'd be cool, Ill guess its the Mad King's wife... Or some way that he has "dragon blood" like Daenaryus...
Wasn't Roberts wife Ned's sister??

Ewwwww....

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna say if you are right or wrong or close, but that's a very interesting guess.

Not sure how far along you are but there aren't really that many clues during the first few seasons on the show. The first book, which aligns with Season 1, has way more clues.

I'm near the end of season 2... Jon Snow has just been captured by the Wildlings... They haven't really mentioned anything regarding Snow's lineage, which is why I didn't realize there was anything significant about it... :)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't Roberts wife Ned's sister??

Ewwwww....

I thought the "Mad King" was the guy before Robert?

That's correct: the Mad King was Aerys II Targaryen, not Robert Baratheon.

And Robert Baratheon's only wife was Cersei Lannister. Before Robert married Cersei, Robert was betrothed to but never ended up marrying Ned's sister Lyanna Stark because Lyanna was abducted by Aerys II's son Rhaegar Targaryen, an action which started Robert's Rebellion against the Targaryens.

By the time that war was over, Lyanna and most of the Targaryens had died, with Viserys and Daenerys being the only Targaryen survivors. With the fall of the Targaryens, Robert was crowned as the new King.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is doing this. She is oblivious to pop culture so she knows nothing (I have cute stories about this).

Episode one she said it's creepy that Danys brother has a thing for his sister. All I could say was "yeah."

Episode 2 she was really upset Sansas Direwolf died. Upset enough that this might be a problem.

I told her not to get too attached to characters and gave her a couple of spoilers about assholes who get theirs. If she keeps with it until we get to the Ygritte arc she will be hooked but we got a little ways until we get there.

Oddly enough she hates Tyrion.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is doing this. She is oblivious to pop culture so she knows nothing (I have cute stories about this).

Episode one she said it's creepy that Danys brother has a thing for his sister. All I could say was "yeah."

Episode 2 she was really upset Sansas Direwolf died. Upset enough that this might be a problem.

I told her not to get too attached to characters and gave her a couple of spoilers about assholes who get theirs. If she keeps with it until we get to the Ygritte arc she will be hooked but we got a little ways until we get there.

Oddly enough she hates Tyrion.

Early in season 1, I hated Tyrion as well. I just finished Season 2 and he's my favorite character now...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly didn't think it was going to be quite THAT bad...

Oh well... Seems Margaery may have a plan B... PLEASE don't let her go and somehow marry Joffrey. He doesn't deserve her... LOL!!!

Damn it... Hate being right... She B too hot 4 Joffrey!!! :(

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this fascinating....

Myself, I read the books prior to the HBO version and watched the shows in relative real time.

For the most part, I enjoyed seasons 1-4, but I think it started to lose focus in seasons 5 and totally went off track in season 6. In fairness, I think the books started to lose focus after the third one as well, GRRM got too wrapped up in the story and couldn't finish it off.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife freaked when the mountain killed his horse. She has a thing for Loras though even after finding out he is gay. She is in because of strong female characters (I told her she hasn't seen anything yet) and I'm guessing Ygrette will be here favorite. I should remind her not to be too attached on this show.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this fascinating....

Myself, I read the books prior to the HBO version and watched the shows in relative real time.

For the most part, I enjoyed seasons 1-4, but I think it started to lose focus in seasons 5 and totally went off track in season 6. In fairness, I think the books started to lose focus after the third one as well, GRRM got too wrapped up in the story and couldn't finish it off.
I can agree with that. Books 4 and 5 were definitely not as good as 1-3 and tended to drag on a bit in parts. That's nothing compared to seasons 5-6 of GoT though. Certain parts of recent episodes (and even a few entire episodes) make you wonder how some of the writers still have jobs. It's a shame because the action sequences, battles, effects, etc are the best I've seen on TV.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that. Books 4 and 5 were definitely not as good as 1-3 and tended to drag on a bit in parts. That's nothing compared to seasons 5-6 of GoT though. Certain parts of recent episodes (and even a few entire episodes) make you wonder how some of the writers still have jobs. It's a shame because the action sequences, battles, effects, etc are the best I've seen on TV.

I don't disagree, just didn't want to scare the OP from the series. Some of the decisions they've made on characters are simply stupid and pandering honestly. When you have less than 10 hours of actual screen time for a season, wasting it on some of the plot lines and characters that they have is frustrating.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, just didn't want to scare the OP from the series. Some of the decisions they've made on characters are simply stupid and pandering honestly. When you have less than 10 hours of actual screen time for a season, wasting it on some of the plot lines and characters that they have is frustrating.

Could not agree more. That said, the show is still entertaining as hell. From a visual standpoint the show just keeps getting better which helps offset the sharp decline in quality of writing.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you all are making me anticipate that this show is going to start to suck soon... LOL!!!

So anyway, I just finished the "Red Wedding" episode... Uhhh, wow... Have to say I kind of figured Robb had it coming at some point. He was just making decisions based on emotion which didn't seem like it was going to bode well for his survival in this world... Kind of not going to miss Catlyn much. Never really grew to like her much... Freaking Arya can't catch a break either, huh... And my only question coming out of this is whether the guy that actually got married lived or not? Was it Robb's uncle? Funny when Robb saw the girl he was to marry there DID seem like a twinge of, "Awww shit... I could have had my cake and eaten it too?!!!". And that is what I was thinking all along... How ugly can ALL of this guy's daughters truly be? And most of them weren't hideous. Just seemed like they hadn't taken a bath for a month. Seriously, I do hope the Starks get some redemption at some point because they've really been eating shit sandwiches since this whole thing began...

Jon Snow has now ticked off Ygritte now and the fire down below could be seen on her face, so based on what I'm gleaning from above comments, she gets tough in a big hurry... Not sure why its so hard to understand he didn't want to kill the old horse stable guy, but whatever. Wondering how long the fat guy and his bucktoothed girlfriend are going to survive, though I guess the spearhead that fatboy found is effective against white walkers, eh?

The Bran arc is kind of annoying me at the moment, but I can see where it will lead somewhere...

Meanwhile, in King's Landing... Joffrey continues to be psychotic. Margery (Don't have the patience to get the spelling correct, so bear with me) seems to have reined him in a bit, but obviously not enough as the sadistic little douche used Baelish's supervisor ho as a pin cushion... I realize Margery is playing the game, but can't tell whether she honestly thinks the Lannisters are that easy to manipulate, or is counting on them being who they are... Thinking of Cersei specifically... Loved it that as she is mocking Tyrion for having to marry Sansa, that Tywin informs her that she gets to marry Gay Loras... Can't wait for that wedding.. Classic... Still liking Tyrion... Second favorite in this show so far... Just got to his wedding to Sansa. I really hope he takes Sansa to Winterfell at some point, takes over Robb's army and proceeds with the plan to take Casterly Rock... I know this won't happen, but it would be cool... Honestly think poor Sansa isn't long for this world. Shae will probably off her at some point if nothing else...

Obviously the "Lord of Light" is pretty significant in Westeros. Mallesandre is really getting busy. Seems nothing good ever happens when she takes her clothes off, though I don't mind the view... :D So these leeches with the King's Blood that they threw into the flame were to symbolize Robb Stark, "Theon's Dad" Greyjoy (Forget first name) and Joffrey... Yeah, I am beginning to believe that Stannis will get to be King here before too long if what happened to Robb after his leech popped is any indication... Just hope Joffrey gets his and it is EPIC!!! More on the Lord of Light, I'm wondering if the Brotherhood Without Banners weighs in more significantly in the future. I mean what other reason to bring a guy back from the dead six times? But maybe that mini-arc with Arya and the Hound was just to show the looming power of the Lord of Light? I don't know...

Which brings me to my fave... Daenarys!!! Man I hope she stays on this roll she's on. Loved what she did in getting her "Army of Unsullied"... Have a feeling that her hang-up on freeing every slave she sees will be her ultimate undoing, but damn if she gets over to Westeros with that army and three dragons, shit gonna get real!!! Hard to tell whether the old King's Guard dude that joined her is going to be a help or ultimately a hinderance... He and Daenarys' other advisor (Forget his name too) are already locking horns on occasion... And now this Fabio looking guy has come into the picture pledging his army to Daenarys... I really just want to see her get over there and run roughshod over the Lannisters... Guess we'll see...

That's about it for now...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit... Forgot about Jaime losing his hand and that whole thing. Yes, learning his backstory makes him a bit more redeemable. Interested to see how that all works out and how he adjusts...

Also, as predicted, my wife HATES this show... She thinks I watch it as some sort of soft ****... LOL!!! Keep trying to tell her that she just keeps walking in at the wrong times, but whatever... Not gonna win there.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit... Forgot about Jaime losing his hand and that whole thing. Yes, learning his backstory makes him a bit more redeemable. Interested to see how that all works out and how he adjusts...

Also, as predicted, my wife HATES this show... She thinks I watch it as some sort of soft ****... LOL!!! Keep trying to tell her that she just keeps walking in at the wrong times, but whatever... Not gonna win there.

My grandson and his wife called last night and said they were through Season 3 Episode 4. All he could talk about was Jamie losing his hand. He also reserved Seasons 4-6 from my DVD collection. Talked about liking Robb Stark and dragons and hating Tyrion and Cersei and all I could think of was my buddy and his fiancee saying the same things a couple of months ago and me telling him just like I told my grandson last night;

"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

Keep on posting. It's enjoyable seeing people react for the first time. I may finally get my wife to watch although I'll have to warn her about the soft ****... she'll hate it!

:10:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grandson and his wife called last night and said they were through Season 3 Episode 4. All he could talk about was Jamie losing his hand. He also reserved Seasons 4-6 from my DVD collection. Talked about liking Robb Stark and dragons and hating Tyrion and Cersei and all I could think of was my buddy and his fiancee saying the same things a couple of months ago and me telling him just like I told my grandson last night;

"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

Keep on posting. It's enjoyable seeing people react for the first time. I may finally get my wife to watch although I'll have to warn her about the soft ****... she'll hate it!

:10:

Awww, how can he not like Tyrion at this point? With him I just wonder if at some point his family pushes him too far and he breaks from being a "Loyal Lannister"...

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my only question coming out of this is whether the guy that actually got married lived or not? Was it Robb's uncle?

Yes to both questions: Edmure Tully is Catelyn's younger brother, and thus Robb's uncle, and Edmure survived the Red Wedding.