• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

See Game of Thrones for the First Time Again: Through My Eyes

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I'll probably read the fourth book in the next couple of months, but I heard it's the worst of the series

It was the toughest read of the bunch. It is a necessary read but it requires a lot of patience.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair warning...he gives me a lady boner.
200.webp

But he's faceless.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may just end up liking Jaime

Part of me wants to shake my fist at you and decry, "Spoiler!", but honestly this intrigues me, so you are forgiven. :)

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants to shake my fist at you and decry, "Spoiler!", but honestly this intrigues me, so you are forgiven. :)

No spoiler... just a thought.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the toughest read of the bunch. It is a necessary read but it requires a lot of patience.
I actually enjoyed the last book most...because...I binge watched all the seasons and then read all of the books between Season 5 and Season 6. The films follow the books closely enough, reading the books made me feel like I was reading a book I'd read before. The last book, however, had not yet been covered entirely before Season 6 started...so it felt more fresh.

Trying to finish the World of Ice & Fire before Season 7 starts. I was doing good until cookie season came along.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A trust me it's not much of one.

Doesn't give you any real indication on when/if his character lives

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually enjoyed the last book most...because...I binge watched all the seasons and then read all of the books between Season 5 and Season 6. The films follow the books closely enough, reading the books made me feel like I was reading a book I'd read before. The last book, however, had not yet been covered entirely before Season 6 started...so it felt more fresh.

Trying to finish the World of Ice & Fire before Season 7 starts. I was doing good until cookie season came along.

That is the toughest part about "A Feast For Crows". You can't wrap your head around "A Dance with Dragons" without it. I had to read it twice.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 2, Episode 1...

I really do NOT like Joffrey. How sustainable can it be when everyone has a reason to toss this little maggot into a roaring fire? Looking like his mother is starting to rethink it as well...

I guess Robert got around. Lot's of "Poor Little Bastards" around the Kingdom today...

"Power is Power"... Yeah, Cersei kind showed Baelish which end was up there.

Stannis doesn't seem to be as much of a miserable puke as he was made out to be, but I'm sure I'll soon see why very few thought he'd make a good king?

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joeffrey is definitely not well liked, even in his own family, but he's king, so everyone wanting to stay in the good graces of the court must appease him.

Robert certainly got around and fathered many bastards.

Cersei and Baelish are a couple of the only characters playing Go while a few others are playing chess while the most are playing checkers.

As mentioned in the first season, Stannis is a very good general, but not a politician/king material.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, the actor playing Joeffrey is completely opposite compared to the character and everyone on set loves him.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always hard to not spoil stuff when a newbie starts in...

At the very least, you want to smile, and say... 'just wait.'

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always hard to not spoil stuff when a newbie starts in...

At the very least, you want to smile, and say... 'just wait.'

Yeah, I know I'm tempting fate a little bit, but like I said... Want to talk, but no one to talk to so... :D

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know I'm tempting fate a little bit, but like I said... Want to talk, but no one to talk to so... :D

There's a few moments in the books where it would be nearly criminal to know what's going to happen beforehand. I spoiled one with a friend by accident, and I felt guilty for a while.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, I personally don't mind the sex scenes (Not sure who Renly and Loras are?), but in the first or second episode when Drogos folks were just bangin' away during the wedding and such, I was like, "Yeahhhhhh, probably not one the wife would care for..".. LOL!!!

The Drogos people certainly knew how to party but those type of scenes are pretty rare now. Especially since some of the leading actresses have more clout now.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about halfway through watching season one, myself, so I'm way behind the times like you are. I read all five books first.

I hear you on the "graphic" piece. I think some of the blood/guts scenes are just a little too much. The wife doesn't care to watch any of it and the kids are too young, so I have to sneak viewing it on a laptop when no one else is gonna walk in on me. I don't mind the sex scenes until it's Renly and Loras, then I fast forward a bit...

Having read the books, I sort of know most of what's going to happen, even though the shows don't follow the books all that closely in some arcs.

Ugh, okay... NOW I know who they are... Yeah, I don't care for those scenes at all... However, I have a new #1 because Renly's Wife/Queen has taken the top spot... MAN how gay must you be to not wanna do that? LOL!!!

Tyrion is sloooooooowly drifting back to being an evil little dude as his power is growing as the "Acting Hand"... Love how he caught the mole in his court by telling three different stories and urging that the queen not be notified, etc...

Very surprised at Theon, but it sounds like there's a lot of backstory there and a ton of reason for the Greyjoys to hate the Starks, so I'll give him a pass.... I mean he's obviously torn as he had the warning letter to Robb all wrote out... Usually when someone is conflicted like that they go hardcore to the side they ultimately choose, so I'm guessing Theon becomes very loyal to his family... Hope they develop his sister's character more (Don't remember her name...). Also that big butch woman who is now in Renly's personal guard...

One of my biggest questions at this point is what Sansa ultimately does... They're discussing killing her brother Robb at the dinner table and such, and the wedding which I have to imagine she's not enthused about... LOL!!! That said, she really seemed to eat up the whole wedding thing and wanting to be Queen before all the shit with Ned went down, so I wonder whether that little "power hungry" side of her may ultimately win out here?

As for beyond the wall right now? Okay... The leader who keeps all his daughters for wives and kills all male children is a real winner... LOL!!! I'm guessing the fat guy gets his for daring to leave a bauble with one of his wife daughters though...

I sense that Arya is like the "Carl from Walking Dead" here and will grow into her own to become a bad ass... Things are going SO shitty for her now that it has to turn around.. I'm to where Joeffrey's men just caught up to them and killed the dude that rescued her from King's Landing (Think he was a Night's Watch guy, but don't remember.)...

Anyway, that's where I'm at right now.... :)

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm to where Joeffrey's men just caught up to them and killed the dude that rescued her from King's Landing (Think he was a Night's Watch guy, but don't remember.)...

Yoren...yes, he's a recruiter for the Watch. Or, "was."

Ugh, okay... NOW I know who they are... Yeah, I don't care for those scenes at all... However, I have a new #1 because Renly's Wife/Queen has taken the top spot... MAN how gay must you be to not wanna do that? LOL!!!

LOL, well said!

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Payton I did not read the books and found the TV program hard to follow initially due to the large amount of characters and place settings which I was obviously unfamiliar with. I had to watch each season of GoT three times, plus receive supplemental info from the internet in order to properly follow the story.

When I watch an earth based program, I obviously know the background of our world, but to fully enjoy and appreciate GoT as a non-book reader, I needed some help from the web with the geography, kingdoms/states/noble houses, political relations, religions, history, etc. of the world created by George R.R. Martin.

Here are a couple good websites which really increased my enjoyment of the show.

Game of Thrones Wiki

and

A Wiki of Ice and Fire

Those two sites have a lot of background info about the GoT world, and they come in handy! I even printed out some maps to help me follow along while watching the show. Just be careful not to jump ahead on the GoT Wiki site to the seasons you haven't yet watched.

IMO, the producers of GoT should have been more helpful by including subtitles of people's names and their positions/titles when those characters appeared on screen the first few times, as well as subtitles of the name of the place/location of each new scene. This technique was used very effectively in the 1962 epic WWII D-Day film, 'The Longest Day'. That film featured a lot of characters and location switches (just like GoT), and the usage of subtitles greatly increased the understanding of the film. If you have never watched The Longest Day, I urge you to do so, as it is a very good account of some of the events of D-Day.

Give those websites a try, and enjoy the remaining seasons of GoT!

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Payton I did not read the books and found the TV program hard to follow initially due to the large amount of characters and place settings which I was obviously unfamiliar with. I had to watch each season of GoT three times, plus receive supplemental info from the internet in order to properly follow the story.

When I watch an earth based program, I obviously know the background of our world, but to fully enjoy and appreciate GoT as a non-book reader, I needed some help from the web with the geography, kingdoms/states/noble houses, political relations, religions, history, etc. of the world created by George R.R. Martin.

Here are a couple good websites which really increased my enjoyment of the show.

Game of Thrones Wiki

and

A Wiki of Ice and Fire

Those two sites have a lot of background info about the GoT world, and they come in handy! I even printed out some maps to help me follow along while watching the show. Just be careful not to jump ahead on the GoT Wiki site to the seasons you haven't yet watched.

IMO, the producers of GoT should have been more helpful by including subtitles of people's names and their positions/titles when those characters appeared on screen the first few times, as well as subtitles of the name of the place/location of each new scene. This technique was used very effectively in the 1962 epic WWII D-Day film, 'The Longest Day'. That film featured a lot of characters and location switches (just like GoT), and the usage of subtitles greatly increased the understanding of the film. If you have never watched The Longest Day, I urge you to do so, as it is a very good account of some of the events of D-Day.

Give those websites a try, and enjoy the remaining seasons of GoT!
I have used this map...

Interactive Game of Thrones Map with Spoilers Control

I think it is based on book descriptions, so it is slightly off for the show, but it is close enough. The map used in the opening credits appears to be quite a bit different than this one, though (especially when dealing with Easteros in general and Braavos specifically)