• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!

Why is Bama still in the Top 5? They needed help from the refs to escape with a 1 point win over an UNRANKED team!

What has UK done to deserve to be in the Top Ten?

Florida got overrated for beating an overrated Utah team that got overrated by beating the overrated Oregon squad twice last year, that got exposed by Georgia to SO not deserving of being ranked.

And finally, A&M got beat by an unranked team who lost the week before. Why the hell are they still ranked?

This is what always happens, tons of SEC teams get ranked early in the season and then when they beat each other the winning rises in the rankings and the loser doesn't drop much because they got beat by another good team, supposedly. But teams like App St sometimes expose the overrated teams.

So I think Bama and UK should not be ranked as high as they are, but should both still be ranked, and A&M definitely needs to be out of the rankings and probably Florida as well, but that would still leave 6 ranked teams, which is still pretty good, but until we see how those teams finish out the ooc portion of their seasons, which won't happen until January, we won't know how good the conference as a whole is?

It's pretty early in the season right now.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!

Why is Bama still in the Top 5? They needed help from the refs to escape with a 1 point win over an UNRANKED team!

Florida got overrated for beating an overrated Utah team that got overrated by beating the overrated Oregon squad twice last year, that got exposed by Georgia to SO not deserving of being ranked.

And finally, A&M got beat by an unranked team who lost the week before. Why the hell are they still ranked?

This is what always happens, tons of SEC teams get ranked early in the season and then when they beat each other the winning rises in the rankings and the loser doesn't drop much because they got beat by another good team, supposedly. But teams like App St sometimes expose the overrated teams.

So I think Bama and UK should not be ranked as high as they are, but should both still be ranked, and A&M definitely needs to be out of the rankings and probably Florida as well, but that would still leave 6 ranked teams, which is still pretty good, but until we see how those teams finish out the ooc portion of their seasons, which won't happen until January, we won't know how good the conference as a whole is?

Yeah it's early and the SEC has eight team in the top 25, eight. In the last 10 or 15 years they have dominated the national championship scene so at the moment it's clear to most who are objective the SEC is the dominate conference

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, A&M has no business being in the top 25… I wish polls would stop taking into account talent and how good they think teams SHOULD be and just judge them on how they have performed.

Nothing new, I understand, but man… They don’t belong anywhere NEAR top 25 right now!

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!

I don't know if we're really the 10th best team either but truthfully you can make arguments for why or why not a lot of teams should or shouldn't be in the top 25, every team has some warts once you get past the top few. It's all pretty subjective.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if we're really the 10th best team either but truthfully you can make arguments for why or why not a lot of teams should or shouldn't be in the top 25, every team has some warts once you get past the top few. It's all pretty subjective.
I didn't include Arkansas in my post because unlike the teams I listed, Arkansas has looked impressive. They had a good season last year and so far this season beat a good team in Cincy and got a comfortable win over a conf foe. Arkansas is one of the few SEC teams that I feel actually deserves their ranking.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't include Arkansas in my post because unlike the teams I listed, Arkansas has looked impressive. They had a good season last year and so far this season beat a good team in Cincy and got a comfortable win over a conf foe. Arkansas is one of the few SEC teams that I feel actually deserves their ranking.
So you don't thin UGA does after what they did to Oregon? Even if you rearrange them to suit your personal beliefs do you really feel there is abtter conference in college football?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's early and the SEC has eight team in the top 25, eight. In the last 10 or 15 years they have dominated the national championship scene so at the moment it's clear to most who are objective the SEC is the dominate conference
Take Bama out of the equation and the SEC is no better than any other conference. Bama's winning a lot of titles shouldn't mean that the whole rest of the conference is also really good.

And this ranking 7-9 SEC teams in the Top 25 early is like an annual thing, isn't it? Then 3 or 4 fall after getting beat by someone they shouldn't have lost to and 1 or 2 who weren't ranked rise up by being the teams that beat the overrated teams. Then at the end of the year 1 or 2 lose their bowl games who are in the bottom part of the rankings and sometimes fall out of rankings as well. 90% of non-SEC fans have recognized this and commented about it at least once each in the past decade or so.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Bama out of the equation and the SEC is no better than any other conference. Bama's winning a lot of titles shouldn't mean that the whole rest of the conference is also really good.

And this ranking 7-9 SEC teams in the Top 25 early is like an annual thing, isn't it? Then 3 or 4 fall after getting beat by someone they shouldn't have lost to and 1 or 2 who weren't ranked rise up by being the teams that beat the overrated teams. Then at the end of the year 1 or 2 lose their bowl games who are in the bottom part of the rankings and sometimes fall out of rankings as well. 90% of non-SEC fans have recognized this and commented about it at least once each in the past decade or so.
You cant take a program out to suit your argument. UGA is good has been for a while, Ark is up now, LSU had been hot. Im just not sure top to bottom who comes close.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky went down and did what Utah couldn't..... I don't think Florida is that good but a good win on the road for Kentucky.

aTm, get them the fuck out of there.

And LOL @ Tennessee being that high....scratched past a Pitt team that struggled with West Virginia that just lost to Kansas.

Best conference, sure. Top heavy yes.....Georgia and Alabama are great teams.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky went down and did what Utah couldn't..... I don't think Florida is that good but a good win on the road for Kentucky.

aTm, get them the fuck out of there.

And LOL @ Tennessee being that high....scratched past a Pitt team that struggled with West Virginia that just lost to Kansas.

Best conference, sure. Top heavy yes.....Georgia and Alabama are great teams.
And that was my original comment best conference We all know these rankings are opinion for the most part. At least I am not sure there are any mathematics behind it.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was my original comment best conference We all know these rankings are opinion for the most part. At least I am not sure there are any mathematics behind it.
I guess when you consistently have the best collective recruiting classes and pump out the most NFL draft picks year after year you get the benefit of the doubt. Though I don't think there is any way that every single one of Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Florida, A&M, Texas and Oklahoma will all be good in the same year when OU and UT join. There are going to be a lot of upset fanbases with those power programs who expect to compete for titles.

On paper the schedule when those two join looks absolutely brutal with all the "name" teams but I think the transfer portal has evened out the talent across college football a little more and there is only so much to go around. Even Alabama looks more vulnerable this year.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess when you consistently have the best collective recruiting classes and pump out the most NFL draft picks year after year you get the benefit of the doubt. Though I don't think there is any way that every single one of Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Florida, A&M, Texas and Oklahoma will all be good in the same year when OU and UT join. There are going to be a lot of upset fanbases with those power programs who expect to compete for titles.

On paper the schedule when those two join looks absolutely brutal with all the "name" teams but I think the transfer portal has evened out the talent across college football a little more and there is only so much to go around. Even Alabama looks more vulnerable this year.
UT will almost always not be good, imo. OU will do well, LSU & A&M are the other two I'd bet against, Arkansas and Kentucky seem to be on the upswing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!

I don't have much of an issue with bama being ranked as high as they are.

What I thought was odd and cannot say I'd ever seen it.....the unranked team Bama beat moved into the top 25 by losing?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have much of an issue with bama being ranked as high as they are.

What I thought was odd and cannot say I'd ever seen it.....the unranked team Bama beat moved into the top 25 by losing?
Yeah, makes me so hungry for the next couple of weekends to come so we can see Texas and Bama and A&M and Marshall and App St play more games. It's going to be torture waiting til the weekend after this coming one before my team faces a real test. Not just for me, but for some of you who will hate me posting how UMn is STILL #1 in this and that category through 3 games, lol. They all want that MSU vs UMn game to come even more than me probably, as they are probably far more convinced that MSU will win than I am that UMn will pull of the W.