• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC Wilting Under the Weight of Alabama Greatness

VU63

Almost Charmingly Insane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,379.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is mostly likely at least pushing the rules right up to the edge, eventually the rest of them will figure out and try the same crap, Ole Miss has been trying, Kentucky is milking the "one and done" rule for all it's worth, Im sure the rest of them will jump into the fray soon enough. I wish Vandy would just tell them to KMA get out of the SEC and find a home where they can actually thrive and compete, instead of being the token "nice guys" of the conference

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is mostly likely at least pushing the rules right up to the edge, eventually the rest of them will figure out and try the same crap, Ole Miss has been trying, Kentucky is milking the "one and done" rule for all it's worth, Im sure the rest of them will jump into the fray soon enough. I wish Vandy would just tell them to KMA get out of the SEC and find a home where they can actually thrive and compete, instead of being the token "nice guys" of the conference

A Vandy fan that makes sense? What is the Hoop coming to?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P5 doesn't really mean shit.

There are FCS teams that are better than some P5 teams.

Kansas is #123 in the composite and #116 in the FEI

College Football Ranking Composite

BCF Toys - 2016 FEI Ratings

And then even if you did just have P5 teams there are like 64 teams or something like that. It's a large range and yet somehow "P5" is supposed to have meaning for schedule strength?

There are SoS rankings that take care of this issue.

The thing is you can schedule a "cupcake" or easy game with a Rutgers a Fresno a San diego state a Syracuse a Boston College a Kansas and most years it is an easy game. But once in a while these teams have actual players and are decent and have been times they are ranked and you have to take them more serious. Thats the gamble you take. But the SEC teams don't schedule these type of "cupcakes" often and God forbid they would never give them a home and home.
Instead the schedule teams like Chattanooga and North Texas and Towsend and Presbyterian. Like when have they ever been good enough to even challenge and while I've gone to watch USC play at Virginia and at Boston College when do SEC teams ever travel to the other teams home for these OCC games? Oh and make sure every SEC team gets at least two of these teams some years three.But when you bring this up SEC fan like picks out a team like Kansas and say how bad they are . A year or two ago SEC fan would also bring up Colorado as a "cupcake" PAC and other teams get to play. This year they are ranked higher than all of the SEC except Bama. Let me know when Chattanooga does that.

Last edited:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to wonder how long it will take before the SEC starts blowing the whistle on their own, like they did years ago. But you have to have your own house in order first. Probably why it hasn't happened yet. Plus you have to have an NCAA that actually wants to bust programs instead of turning a blind eye.

As much as Alabama fans want to think it's all Saban, there is obviously something else going on there.
Yep.

Don Haskins told a story about one of his summer visits back in Oklahoma to see his old coach Hank Iba. Iba asked him if he had started practice yet. Haskins said he recognized Iba had put him in a bind with that question and he knew he was screwed regardless of his answer. If he said yes, they were already practicing, he knew Iba would have scolded him with something like "Don, you shouldn't be doing that. It is against the rules to be practicing right now." And if he said no, they weren't practicing yet he knew Iba would have responded with something like, "Well you should be practicing already. Everyone else is."

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 12
Sat., Nov. 19 UT-Chattanooga at Alabama
Sat., Nov. 19 Alabama A&M at Auburn
Sat., Nov. 19 Presbyterian at Florida
Sat., Nov. 19 Louisiana-Lafayette at Georgia
Sat., Nov. 19 Austin Peay at Kentucky
Sat., Nov. 19 South Alabama at LSU
Sat., Nov. 19 Arkansas at Mississippi State
Sat., Nov. 19 Western Carolina at South Carolina
Sat., Nov. 19 Missouri at Tennessee
Sat., Nov. 19 Texas-San Antonio at Texas A&M
Sat., Nov. 19 Ole Miss at Vanderbilt

Seems like this happens before rivalry week. hmmmm
Ha!

UNA could beat Alabama A&M, and we used to do so pretty regularly.

Heck, my Lions would probably give even mighty Bama a heck of a game

... for a quarter anyway. :D

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering when this years version of the bleeding pussy thread would show. Same tune year after year.

:violin::thrasher::drum::deadhorse::Cry:

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Vandy would just tell them to KMA get out of the SEC and find a home where they can actually thrive and compete, instead of being the token "nice guys" of the conference
David Boren would like a word with you.

VU63

Almost Charmingly Insane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,379.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Boren would like a word with you.
lol, I'm not sure if i said it on here or over on Rivals recently,but the SEC and Big12 should just swap us for Baylor

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I'm not sure if i said it on here or over on Rivals recently,but the SEC and Big12 should just swap us for Baylor
dVDJiez.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering when this years version of the bleeding pussy thread would show. Same tune year after year.

:violin::thrasher::drum::deadhorse::Cry:

Shouldn't' you be getting ready for that epic Chattanooga game? The tailgating must kick up a notch with the Fighting Mocs in town.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inflated records sure help sos. So does early polls.

The SoS rankings I linked do not go off records.

Try another excuse instead of dealing with reality.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't' you be getting ready for that epic Chattanooga game? The tailgating must kick up a notch with the Fighting Mocs in town.

Yep, otherwise they might score more on us than USC did.

Not that it would be all that hard to score more points, all it takes is 1 big play.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to chuckle when I see SEC people try to explain how it's tougher to play 9 P5 teams vs 10 ... like the SEC planned it that way. It's like telling people that up is down and right is actually left.

Because you're an idiot.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has USC in the top eight . The dont give a shit about early losses. They rank just on current strength.

Vegas puts out strength rankings?

Link?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is mostly likely at least pushing the rules right up to the edge,

Otherwise known as following the rules.

:lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you bet college football you know the sharps have their own rankings that have nothing to do with the polls . It's simply who would be favored on a neutral field.
heres a sample of one today.
COLLEGE FOOTBALL POWER RATINGS & RANKINGS

That is someone's computer rankings.

I've never even heard of it, and I keep track of these things. They aren't even good enough to be included in the massey composite.

At any rate, LSU is ranked higher than USC.

Where are the vegas rankings you claimed?

tebowGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gators are a way better program.

Please be serious.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is someone's computer rankings.

I've never even heard of it, and I keep track of these things. They aren't even good enough to be included in the massey composite.

At any rate, LSU is ranked higher than USC.

Where are the vegas rankings you claimed?

Thats the closest I can get to what they rank the teams. The sharps dont make money putting it online. But if you know enough betters you know what teams they have as the ones they would favor on a neutral field. Right now USC is anywhere from 6th to 8th. If you don't know that then you don't know Vegas. USC and LSU would be a close spread if not even. Both have improved after changes.