• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC East down the stretch

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blech. Without our great LB, I don't think I even want UF to see Bama in the SECCG. (otherwise known as the NCG) Fuck it...as long as we give FSUx a rough time, I'm good.

LOL, GMAFB. The SEC Easy champ hasn't produced a worthy BCS title contender since UF won it all in '08.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This race has the potential to get insane.

Mizzou is "in the lead" at 3-1 but has only played half its conference games. They still have mercurial Tennessee (this week), Ole Miss (remember they beat LSU) and Texas A&M. Okay, they have Kentucky also, but that's not a threat of any sort.

Gamecocks at 4-2 have only 2 conference games left: this week vs. Miss St. and then Florida.

Georgia at 3-2 still has Florida (this game will give one of them their 3rd loss, but that doesn't necessarily eliminate them, since Mizzou could lose 2 more and USC could drop one), Auburn (legit threat), and pUKe.

Florida at 3-2 has UGA, Vandypants and USC.

Some possible scenarios:
Any of these teams could still end up at the top or in a massive clusterfuck tie.
In fact, a 4-way tie is not unreasonable. Mizzou loses to A&M and Ole Miss, USC loses to Florida, Florida loses to UGA and UGA loses to Auburn and all win their other games and boom, 4-way tie. I think Mizzou wins the breaker with just 1 loss in the division (though they could lose to UTenn instead of Ole Miss and it would be 3-way again with Mizzou, UF and UGA all having 2 division losses, still giving Mizz the title for beating both of the others).

With Mizzou losing just one more game and USC winning out, Florida is eliminated, but UGA could still make the 3-way also (if they beat UF and AU). That tie-breaker would go to Mizz again unless their loss was to UTenn, then I think it would go to BCS ranking (a whole other clusterfuck, as Mizz would probably have dropped behind USC after another loss).
If Florida wins at USC then the UF-UGA winner could tie with Mizzou, with Mizzou taking tie-breaker for beating both.

If the Gamecocks win out and Mizzou loses one more, USC takes the head-to-head tiebreaker.
So, it seems USC and Mizzou have the most opportunity, but there's a lot of room for crazy, especially if USC loses twice.
If USC does lose twice, Florida has the best chance to top Mizzou, as UGA isn't likely to beat AU. In fact, it looks like UGA's only hope is to beat AU, unless I'm missing something. Geez this shit is crazy. What makes it insane is that I can see any of these teams beating the others.

Funny how one week can change everything. It was looking like bama mizzou at one point.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will make this easy.

Mizzou wins out and will win the East

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter who the SEC east feeds to bama this year?

y2ktors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well things will become much clearer by 10 pm tonight. Hopefully Mizzou bounces back.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To sum up the thread, the SEC East is miserable and anybody could win it except UK. And that's pitiful. So much for the "great SEC." Football truly is cyclical.