• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC East down the stretch

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This race has the potential to get insane.

Mizzou is "in the lead" at 3-1 but has only played half its conference games. They still have mercurial Tennessee (this week), Ole Miss (remember they beat LSU) and Texas A&M. Okay, they have Kentucky also, but that's not a threat of any sort.

Gamecocks at 4-2 have only 2 conference games left: this week vs. Miss St. and then Florida.

Georgia at 3-2 still has Florida (this game will give one of them their 3rd loss, but that doesn't necessarily eliminate them, since Mizzou could lose 2 more and USC could drop one), Auburn (legit threat), and pUKe.

Florida at 3-2 has UGA, Vandypants and USC.

Some possible scenarios:
Any of these teams could still end up at the top or in a massive clusterfuck tie.
In fact, a 4-way tie is not unreasonable. Mizzou loses to A&M and Ole Miss, USC loses to Florida, Florida loses to UGA and UGA loses to Auburn and all win their other games and boom, 4-way tie. I think Mizzou wins the breaker with just 1 loss in the division (though they could lose to UTenn instead of Ole Miss and it would be 3-way again with Mizzou, UF and UGA all having 2 division losses, still giving Mizz the title for beating both of the others).

With Mizzou losing just one more game and USC winning out, Florida is eliminated, but UGA could still make the 3-way also (if they beat UF and AU). That tie-breaker would go to Mizz again unless their loss was to UTenn, then I think it would go to BCS ranking (a whole other clusterfuck, as Mizz would probably have dropped behind USC after another loss).
If Florida wins at USC then the UF-UGA winner could tie with Mizzou, with Mizzou taking tie-breaker for beating both.

If the Gamecocks win out and Mizzou loses one more, USC takes the head-to-head tiebreaker.
So, it seems USC and Mizzou have the most opportunity, but there's a lot of room for crazy, especially if USC loses twice.
If USC does lose twice, Florida has the best chance to top Mizzou, as UGA isn't likely to beat AU. In fact, it looks like UGA's only hope is to beat AU, unless I'm missing something. Geez this shit is crazy. What makes it insane is that I can see any of these teams beating the others.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn you did some serious homework on this (assuming this is all correct information)

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if UT (4-4,1-3) wins out against Mizzou, Auburn, Vandy & Kentucky? :pop2:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to belong to SCar. No question. Either UGA or UF will be basically completely eliminated this weekend, and with the tiebreaker over Missouri and only 2 more games left against 2 very mediocre teams, it would be borderline fireable for Spurrier to blow this.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to belong to SCar. No question. Either UGA or UF will be basically completely eliminated this weekend, and with the tiebreaker over Missouri and only 2 more games left against 2 very mediocre teams, it would be borderline fireable for Spurrier to blow this.

if south carolina wins out and then beats clemson but fakls to reach the sec cg, should he be fired?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if south carolina wins out and then beats clemson but fakls to reach the sec cg, should he be fired?

I'm basically chalking up at least 2 more losses for Missouri.

To answer your question, if Missouri somehow manages to win out or only lose 1 more and make it to the SEC Title game, yes he deserves to be fired. You blew a chance at a conference title because you couldn't beat fucking Tennessee. Yes, that Tennessee.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blech. Without our great LB, I don't think I even want UF to see Bama in the SECCG. (otherwise known as the NCG) Fuck it...as long as we give FSUx a rough time, I'm good.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if UT (4-4,1-3) wins out against Mizzou, Auburn, Vandy & Kentucky? :pop2:

Then Santa will bring you a shiny new car and the Easter bunny will bring you golden eggs to your house:laugh3:

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They could join the party. If they were tied with only Mizzou then UT would win the title via head-to-head, but in 3 or 4-way ties it might come down to BCS ranking. Whether they passed USC, UGA or UF would depend on how those teams finished their schedule. But there are ways they might avoid it going to the BCS, if the others beat each other up.

Like I said, it's fucking crazy.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Auburn fan at the moment. They need to beat Tennessee and Georgia. Roll Tiger! (or whatever it is...)

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm basically chalking up at least 2 more losses for Missouri.

To answer your question, if Missouri somehow manages to win out or only lose 1 more and make it to the SEC Title game, yes he deserves to be fired. You blew a chance at a conference title because you couldn't beat fucking Tennessee. Yes, that Tennessee.

Not gonna happen coming off the 2 best years in school history. He's here as long as he wants to be here.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This race has the potential to get insane.

Mizzou is "in the lead" at 3-1 but has only played half its conference games. They still have mercurial Tennessee (this week), Ole Miss (remember they beat LSU) and Texas A&M. Okay, they have Kentucky also, but that's not a threat of any sort.

Gamecocks at 4-2 have only 2 conference games left: this week vs. Miss St. and then Florida.

Georgia at 3-2 still has Florida (this game will give one of them their 3rd loss, but that doesn't necessarily eliminate them, since Mizzou could lose 2 more and USC could drop one), Auburn (legit threat), and pUKe.

Florida at 3-2 has UGA, Vandypants and USC.

Some possible scenarios:
Any of these teams could still end up at the top or in a massive clusterfuck tie.
In fact, a 4-way tie is not unreasonable. Mizzou loses to A&M and Ole Miss, USC loses to Florida, Florida loses to UGA and UGA loses to Auburn and all win their other games and boom, 4-way tie. I think Mizzou wins the breaker with just 1 loss in the division (though they could lose to UTenn instead of Ole Miss and it would be 3-way again with Mizzou, UF and UGA all having 2 division losses, still giving Mizz the title for beating both of the others).

With Mizzou losing just one more game and USC winning out, Florida is eliminated, but UGA could still make the 3-way also (if they beat UF and AU). That tie-breaker would go to Mizz again unless their loss was to UTenn, then I think it would go to BCS ranking (a whole other clusterfuck, as Mizz would probably have dropped behind USC after another loss).
If Florida wins at USC then the UF-UGA winner could tie with Mizzou, with Mizzou taking tie-breaker for beating both.

If the Gamecocks win out and Mizzou loses one more, USC takes the head-to-head tiebreaker.
So, it seems USC and Mizzou have the most opportunity, but there's a lot of room for crazy, especially if USC loses twice.
If USC does lose twice, Florida has the best chance to top Mizzou, as UGA isn't likely to beat AU. In fact, it looks like UGA's only hope is to beat AU, unless I'm missing something. Geez this shit is crazy. What makes it insane is that I can see any of these teams beating the others.

With all the possibilities it's close enough. It's almost easier to look at it from each team's perspective, so I'll do mine.

First, we get Gurley back this week, and we get 2 WRs back. Still missing some key pieces, but we are starting to get a little healthier.

UGa has to win out. If we do that, we have 2 SEC losses, both in the East.

Tie between 2 teams:

• Missouri loses 2 and is eliminated. USCe wins out, but is eliminated if we win out as they have 2 losses and we own the tie breaker against them.
  • Missouri loses 1 game, and USCe loses 1 game. USCe is eliminated, and Missouri wins the East with the head to head win over UGa.

Tie between 3 teams:

• To get to this scenario, USCe and UGa have to win out, Missouri has to lose 1.
  • The first tie breaker doesn't help as head to head, UGa has the tie breaker on USCe, Missouri on UGa, and USCe on Missouri.
  • For the second tie breaker, it will depend on who Missouri loses to. If they lose to Ole Miss or TAMU, they win as their division record will be better by 1 game than USCe and UGa. If they lose to UT instead, the second tie breaker is tied.
  • This is where it starts to get tricky ... the next tie breaker is looking at the record against the no. 4 team in the division. If it is UF, in this scenario all 3 teams would have wins against them. If it is UT, then UGa wins as both USCe and Missouri will have lost to UT in this scenario. But, it could be Vandy. If that is the case, UGa is out as they lost to Vandy and the other two didn't. At that point you go to a 2 team tie breaker and USCe wins with their win over Missouri.

One thing I don't want to think about, but which has some serious liklihood is that we have a 4 way tie, with UF, USCe and UGa losing 1 more and Missouri losing 2 more. I really think this could happen. UGa beats UF, but loses to Auburn, USCe loses to UF, and Missouri loses to 2 of UT, Ole Miss or TAMU. At first blush, this appears to be more complicated, but actually ends up breaking Missouri's way.

In the first tie breaker, USCe and UF would be eliminated as being 1-2 against the other 3 teams. UGa and Missouri would be 2-1. And that would be it ... Missouri would win with their win over Uga.

The next 3 weeks are certainly going to be wild in the mediocre SEC East sort of way.

I need an aspirin, and a time management class. I have real work to do.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could join the party. If they were tied with only Mizzou then UT would win the title via head-to-head, but in 3 or 4-way ties it might come down to BCS ranking. Whether they passed USC, UGA or UF would depend on how those teams finished their schedule. But there are ways they might avoid it going to the BCS, if the others beat each other up.

Like I said, it's fucking crazy.
It's almost impossible to get to the BCS rankings.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is firing the Old Ball Coach. He will be there until he decides he needs more golf time. Even in his worst seasons he was just what USCe normally does. Seriously, go look at USCe's record ... it isn't pretty for many decades. Then, the last 3 years he has been getting recruits they've never gotten. He's also 5-3, with 4 straight against Clemson. He isn't anywhere near a hot seat, as much as I hate him.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Auburn fan at the moment. They need to beat Tennessee and Georgia. Roll Tiger! (or whatever it is...)
Your best bet is win out, and have Uga and Missouri lose 1 each. You would be in. I can easily see that happening, which probably means you lose to UF. :laugh3:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say 70% chance its South Carolina, 28% chance its Mizzou and 2%....well...yeah....not worrying about the little stuff right now

Mizzou obviously controls their own destiny but their QB situation isnt sustainable at a 'perfection' level and apparently they cant kick FGs or stop screens

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it depends who is back healthy this week and against AU for UGA to even have a shot. No way we have a chance at Auburn without Gurley/Bennett