• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC crying about Harbaugh coming to Florida for spring break

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you forgot about the SEC being up in arms with Harbaugh going to sattelite camps this summer? They went crazy and are trying to ban them nationwide. Not a peep was said about Urban, but I just saw Urban did the same thing, bringing his coaches to Florida for a sattelite camp this summer.
I don't care about what the SEC said. Why would I?

Urban didn't do even close to the same thing. How are you guys not understanding that?

Harbaugh, on his own, set up a summer-long string of satellite camps in 11 states, at high school campuses.

Urban was invited to spend a 4 hour session one day with his coaches at another college campus.

The difference is extremely clear.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about what the SEC said. Why would I?

Urban didn't do even close to the same thing. How are you guys not understanding that?

Harbaugh, on his own, set up a summer-long string of satellite camps in 11 states, at high school campuses.

Urban was invited to spend a 4 hour session one day with his coaches at another college campus.

The difference is extremely clear.
So being a guest coach at a sattelite camp with 500 HIGH SCHOOL recruits is alright, as long as it is held on a college campus? I know this will come as a surprise, but the majority of top recruits in the state of Florida attended the camp. I'm sure this had nothing to do with Urban Meyer doing this though.
And if u r going to say what Harbaugh did for the camps. At least get it right. Tough to be a guest coach in 11 states when there was only 10 camps and some states had multiple camps a day.
And just so I know going forward -- it is alright to bend the rules, but only if you do it in moderation or if you are OSU's coach. Did I get that right?

Just an FYI. The 4 hour camp is exactly the same thing Harbaugh did. In case you think Urban's was different in any way.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So being a guest coach at a sattelite camp with 500 HIGH SCHOOL recruits is alright, as long as it is held on a college campus? I know this will come as a surprise, but the majority of top recruits in the state of Florida attended the camp. I'm sure this had nothing to do with Urban Meyer doing this though.
And if u r going to say what Harbaugh did for the camps. At least get it right. Tough to be a guest coach in 11 states when there was only 10 camps and some states had multiple camps a day.
And just so I know going forward -- it is alright to bend the rules, but only if you do it in moderation or if you are OSU's coach. Did I get that right?

Just an FYI. The 4 hour camp is exactly the same thing Harbaugh did. In case you think Urban's was different in any way.
He didnt bend the rules and he didnt pretend it was for practice.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Ohio State fans still crying about the SEC crying? Looks like it! :L

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One was hosted by another school at another school the other was hosted by Michigan. Do you not see that it's different? Realize that what Urban did was within the NCAA guidelines while Michigan did was not but because they were "special guests" despite the university paying for everything the NCAA let slide. Pretty much any other university and they are getting punished.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, are you michigan fans all this fucking dumb? I've already said at least twice now that I don't care if Harbaugh is doing this. It's not a matter of right or wrong. However, comparing the two is just ignorant of the facts. Urban isn't a fan of them and only did the Florida one because of an existing relationship with the FAU coach and his former defensive coordinator. That was the first and only satellite camp OSU coaches have done, and it was for one day for 4 hours, not weeks and weeks for several days a week.

Jesus, do you guys understand yet why everyone here thinks you're fucking retarded?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One was hosted by another school at another school the other was hosted by Michigan. Do you not see that it's different? Realize that what Urban did was within the NCAA guidelines while Michigan did was not but because they were "special guests" despite the university paying for everything the NCAA let slide. Pretty much any other university and they are getting punished.
This is not the first time MI had played dumb. RR did that to avoid harsher penalties. He has been coaching for a long time and gave the ole "I didnt know that"

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not the first time MI had played dumb. RR did that to avoid harsher penalties. He has been coaching for a long time and gave the ole "I didnt know that"

"Ohio State is different and as such, I'm morally outraged!" - @ellupo

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll, nothing to see here
He just seems to swoop in from time to time to get the attention from OSU fans he's so desperate for in order to survive. He can't help himself.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll, nothing to see here

You used to at least be entertaining. Then you got mindfucked and you've never recovered.

I'm beginning to lose hope.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used to at least be entertaining. Then you got mindfucked and you've never recovered.

I'm beginning to lose hope.
Naw it was fun but your trolling has gotten weak and stale. Give me something new to work with. Use that big brain of yours.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, are you michigan fans all this fucking dumb? I've already said at least twice now that I don't care if Harbaugh is doing this. It's not a matter of right or wrong. However, comparing the two is just ignorant of the facts. Urban isn't a fan of them and only did the Florida one because of an existing relationship with the FAU coach and his former defensive coordinator. That was the first and only satellite camp OSU coaches have done, and it was for one day for 4 hours, not weeks and weeks for several days a week.

Jesus, do you guys understand yet why everyone here thinks you're fucking retarded?
Just so i get this straight. Harbaugh did camps for weeks and weeks according to you and spanned over 11 states? That is impressive to hit 11 states, yet only do 10 camps and some stats had multiple camps. Guess a few were held on the border of multiple states.
And of course you have excuses for Urban. It just another one of those Urban coincidences that follow him around.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so i get this straight. Harbaugh did camps for weeks and weeks according to you and spanned over 11 states? That is impressive to hit 11 states, yet only do 10 camps and some stats had multiple camps. Guess a few were held on the border of multiple states.
And of course you have excuses for Urban. It just another one of those Urban coincidences that follow him around.
I actually misspoke - he did 11 camps in 7 states. My bad on that.

However, you do not know what the word "excuse" means. Please stop using it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to hear about all the violations UM incurs from the sattelite camps. I'd also love to hear what UM paid for outside of the normal travel expenses for the staff.
And if UM broke all these rules. Did Mike Ripley when he did this when he was at Oregon State I believe? What about James Franklin when he did at Penn State?
FYI. Just like the trip to Florida for Spring practice. The NCAA had to ok his sattelite camps AND the staff was accompanied by a NCAA compliance department member to make sure they didn't have any missteps.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually misspoke - he did 11 camps in 7 states. My bad on that.

However, you do not know what the word "excuse" means. Please stop using it.
You are getting closer. It was 10 camps. It was over 8 days, nor weeks and weeks. It was 7 states, not 11. You were close though.

A d I know exactly what an excuse is. It is when you say your coach doesn't like sattelite camps, yet he is a special guest at the exact same type of camps Harbaugh did, and it just so happened to be in the state with the most top recruits and the camp had most of them there, as well as 500 other recruits from the state.
But Urban was just doing it for a friend. Did you know the "friend" who ran the camp, Urban Meyer didn't even know him, but FAU's coach is friends with a guy that friends with Meyer. So OSU decided to send their staff as a favor.
I think it is YOU who doesn't know what an excuse is:pound:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are getting closer. It was 10 camps. It was over 8 days, nor weeks and weeks. It was 7 states, not 11. You were close though.

A d I know exactly what an excuse is. It is when you say your coach doesn't like sattelite camps, yet he is a special guest at the exact same type of camps Harbaugh did, and it just so happened to be in the state with the most top recruits and the camp had most of them there, as well as 500 other recruits from the state.
But Urban was just doing it for a friend. Did you know the "friend" who ran the camp, Urban Meyer didn't even know him, but FAU's coach is friends with a guy that friends with Meyer. So OSU decided to send their staff as a favor.
I think it is YOU who doesn't know what an excuse is:pound:
Wrong, dumbass. That's the only camp he's done at Ohio State. And what's the excuse? Again, you don't know what the word means. It would be an excuse if I was saying "it's bullshit and wrong that Harbaugh is doing this but not bullshit and wrong that Urban did because (insert excuse)."

As I've pointed out now multiple times (which you can't comprehend for some reason), I couldn't give two shits if Harbaugh is doing camps. It didn't do shit for him so far - Urban destroyed him in Southern recruiting this year and is already killing him for next year. Do you know, though, the difference between initiating something and being invited to something? Do you also know the difference between 11 and 1?

And yes, it was 11 camps in 7 states... Harbaugh: Satellite camps OK in 'my America'

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh has drawn his fair share of criticism for holding 11 satellite camps in seven states -- from Pennsylvania to California

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, dumbass. That's the only camp he's done at Ohio State. And what's the excuse? Again, you don't know what the word means. It would be an excuse if I was saying "it's bullshit and wrong that Harbaugh is doing this but not bullshit and wrong that Urban did because (insert excuse)."

As I've pointed out now multiple times (which you can't comprehend for some reason), I couldn't give two shits if Harbaugh is doing camps. It didn't do shit for him so far - Urban destroyed him in Southern recruiting this year and is already killing him for next year. Do you know, though, the difference between initiating something and being invited to something? Do you also know the difference between 11 and 1?

And yes, it was 11 camps in 7 states... Harbaugh: Satellite camps OK in 'my America'

So it isn't an excuse when you say Urban didn't do it for recruiting purposes, he actually doesn't like sattelite camps. He did it as a favor for a friend, even though, the coach holding the camp wasn't friends with Urban Meyer.
And it just so happens, another Urban Meyer coincidence, that the camp with 500 HIGH SCHOOL recruits was located in the #1 state for recruiting and most were at the camp.

Are you catching on to the excuses you are making yet? Remember when it was michigan is only doing this for recruiting purposes. Yet OSU does it and it was just a favor for a friend.
And it was 10. I think i will trust the Michigan site that lists the tab for the trip and breaks it down.
Michigan paid $211,948 for Jim Harbaugh's eight-day 'Summer Swarm' tour

But if you want to make up the length of the trip, make up the number of states, you may as well make up the # of camps too. :)

As far as the difference between 1 and 11. If you think it is wrong, there is no difference. You either do the camps or you don't. Doing one or doing ten doesn't change that you partake in sattelite camps