• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC crying about Harbaugh coming to Florida for spring break

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC mindset progression:
1. Mich doesn't get any recruits from the South.
2. Well, the one's they get aren't very good.
3. Maybe a few are good
4. Ban Michigan

Jim Harbaugh ruffling SEC feathers yet again with Florida spring practice

I find this part particularly hilarious and whiny:

"The SEC's major problem with Michigan's plan? According to commissioner Greg Sankey, it's the time demands placed on the student-athlete.

“Our primary reaction [is] that, in the face of the time-demand conversations, we've got one program taking what has been 'free time' away,” Sankey told CBSSports.com. “Let's draw a line and say, ‘That's not appropriate.'""

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn-on-Couch-Seinfeld.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big10 fan complaining about such things is pretty rich IMO. The whiniest conference in the history of college football.

I'm betting the outcry would be enormous if the roles were reversed. But as history has shown, it's only bad if they aren't doing it.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big10 fan complaining about such things is pretty rich IMO. The whiniest conference in the history of college football.

I'm betting the outcry would be enormous if the roles were reversed. But as history has shown, it's only bad if they aren't doing it.
No doubt. Having said that, who the fuck would want to go to Michigan for anything? Their own football team doesn't even want to be there.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's amazing, isn't it? :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Having said that, who the fuck would want to go to Michigan for anything? Their own football team doesn't even want to be there.

Michigan fans think they gonna get Dylan Moses, and Harbaugh is doing this for the sole purpose of trying to snag him.

Don't see it working though, Alabama is likely to grab the #1 and #2 recruits next year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, don't lump me in with them Whiney Michigan fans.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC mindset progression:
1. Mich doesn't get any recruits from the South.
2. Well, the one's they get aren't very good.
3. Maybe a few are good
4. Ban Michigan

Jim Harbaugh ruffling SEC feathers yet again with Florida spring practice

I find this part particularly hilarious and whiny:

"The SEC's major problem with Michigan's plan? According to commissioner Greg Sankey, it's the time demands placed on the student-athlete.

“Our primary reaction [is] that, in the face of the time-demand conversations, we've got one program taking what has been 'free time' away,” Sankey told CBSSports.com. “Let's draw a line and say, ‘That's not appropriate.'""
The SEC has rules and want an even playing field. Whether they deserve it or not is another argument. They are using the time thing as the reason to ban this.

It would be nice if the NCAA established rules so things are even across the board.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC has rules and want an even playing field. Whether they deserve it or not is another argument. They are using the time thing as the reason to ban this.

It would be nice if the NCAA established rules so things are even across the board.
There are no rules against this. They even state in the article, by having the spring practices in florida, it will free the players during final exams to not worry about football.

Harbaugh has been worth every penny just from an entertainment stand point. In 1 year, he has the SEC crying about summer camps, now spring practices and even has teams releasing players from scholarship with the stipulation they can't go to Michigan.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama or Michigan, what's the difference (state wise)?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no rules against this. They even state in the article, by having the spring practices in florida, it will free the players during final exams to not worry about football.

Harbaugh has been worth every penny just from an entertainment stand point. In 1 year, he has the SEC crying about summer camps, now spring practices and even has teams releasing players from scholarship with the stipulation they can't go to Michigan.

It's going to be all fun and games until the SEC starts doing it. The SEC has rules against these things, but they have stated already that they won't keep the rules if nobody else abides by them. They have these rules because what Harbaugh is doing isn't exactly new.

Your hero is going to turn into the guy who fucked the north even more. Recruiting is already a shady deal, and this is a back alley you don't want to go down. If the SEC is saying - well maybe we shouldn't, then you probably shouldn't.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait until next season and Saban will be complaining about the way Michigan runs their offense. He will say Michigan runs an unsafe offense.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, feel free to send Alabama to a school in Michigan for spring break. Just don't drink the water.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be all fun and games until the SEC starts doing it. The SEC has rules against these things, but they have stated already that they won't keep the rules if nobody else abides by them. They have these rules because what Harbaugh is doing isn't exactly new.

Your hero is going to turn into the guy who fucked the north even more. Recruiting is already a shady deal, and this is a back alley you don't want to go down. If the SEC is saying - well maybe we shouldn't, then you probably shouldn't.
There is no SEC rules against this...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, feel free to send Alabama to a school in Michigan for spring break. Just don't drink the water.

Why Michigan?

Saban will go where the top recruits are. Which he isn't allowed to do now. If you want to put up Harbaugh next to Saban, that's fine and dandy with me.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no SEC rules against this...

There is a SEC rule against the camps.

I won't be surprised if Michigan doesn't make it out of Florida with a few NCAA violations.