• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC crying about Harbaugh coming to Florida for spring break

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Academic Standards aren't the same for everyone?

Oh wait, they are! Unless the school chooses to require more.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Academic Standards aren't the same for everyone?

Oh wait, they are! Unless the school chooses to require more.
Yep, some schools are much easier to get into than others.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not directly AFAIK, but such actions open up a can of worms for many others like invalid contact with recruits etc.

It's walking a very fine line when the nations #1 recruit just so happens to be going to the school. Very high profile, very visible and in a place of the country that will happily nail the fuck outta him.

You are so full of shit it is flat out scary.

Cite a rule, a single rule, in the NCAA Rulebook/Handbook that would keep a team from holding their Spring Camp at any location they see fit. Just ONE.

Now, as for walking a fine line, how about every hand-shake, every showing up to games, and talking with parents that your school does with recruits 24/7 365 days a year. You know, "bumping" into people type shit.

And here you are worried about a week. A single week.

Get the FUCK outta here.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so full of shit it is flat out scary.

Cite a rule, a single rule, in the NCAA Rulebook/Handbook that would keep a team from holding their Spring Camp at any location they see fit. Just ONE.

Now, as for walking a fine line, how about every hand-shake, every showing up to games, and talking with parents that your school does with recruits 24/7 365 days a year. You know, "bumping" into people type shit.

And here you are worried about a week. A single week.

Get the FUCK outta here.

^ :lol:

I say there is no direct rule, demands I name a rule.

Do you ever post sober?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say bring it on, we've seen what Michigan can do when they get more practice time than the rest of the country.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be all fun and games until the SEC starts doing it. The SEC has rules against these things, but they have stated already that they won't keep the rules if nobody else abides by them. They have these rules because what Harbaugh is doing isn't exactly new.

Your hero is going to turn into the guy who fucked the north even more. Recruiting is already a shady deal, and this is a back alley you don't want to go down. If the SEC is saying - well maybe we shouldn't, then you probably shouldn't.

Lol, feel free to send Alabama to a school in Michigan for spring break. Just don't drink the water.

Harbs does not care since MI sucks and rarely has any good recruits.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, are you suggesting Michigan and everyone else needs to raise there standards to Northwestern standards or NW and Stanford have to drop there's to Michigan's standard?
If the SEC wants a true level playing field. Take the admission process out of the hands of individual schools and let the NCAA set one guideline for all to follow. Get rid of the special admission programs for students who don't meet the minimum standards. You don't meet the standard -- you go to JUCO and get your grades up.
If a level playing field is what they want. I don't see why this would be an issue.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the SEC wants a true level playing field. Take the admission process out of the hands of individual schools and let the NCAA set one guideline for all to follow. Get rid of the special admission programs for students who don't meet the minimum standards. You don't meet the standard -- you go to JUCO and get your grades up.
If a level playing field is what they want. I don't see why this would be an issue.
Pssst, they all have one rule, individual schools choose to raise the standards for their players. So if Alabama chooses to refuse to take 2 star players, all schools should refuse to take 2 star players?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't argue with that. Michigan is hit or miss on a year to year basis. UM only signed 3 guys from Michigan this year and 1 is a kicker. 2017 though. They have a few big time recruits. Donovan Peoples Jones is the big fish in MI next year. Freak athlete.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pssst, they all have one rule, individual schools choose to raise the standards for their players. So if Alabama chooses to refuse to take 2 star players, all schools should refuse to take 2 star players?
Psst. Hence the reason I said take the admission process out of the hands of individual schools.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psst. Hence the reason I said take the admission process out of the hands of individual schools.
So are you suggesting that Michigan should be forced to raise their standards to Northwestern standards or dropped to Troy standards?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They already do this.

And that's also why kids go to JuCo.

:wtf:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't argue with that. Michigan is hit or miss on a year to year basis. UM only signed 3 guys from Michigan this year and 1 is a kicker. 2017 though. They have a few big time recruits. Donovan Peoples Jones is the big fish in MI next year. Freak athlete.
Just curious. Why is Michigan "hit or miss on a year to year basis" regarding recruits? Michigan is a pretty populous state isn't it?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Saban will be in Michigan.

He'll be in other hot beds like NJ that Michigan is pulling their best recruits from etc. I see people from schools up north say they don't care because they don't have much talent, but they all have places where they pull talent from. Saban already pulls in talent nationwide, people would go nuts if he was at a camp etc.

In the end I figure all things would go back to the way it is already and you just get an even shadier recruiting environment. But if that's how people want it to be, I'm sure Alabama/Saban/SEC isn't going to sit around and cry about it forever.

But we did pull Mark Ingram out of Michigan.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are completely insane if you think the SEC wants a true and level playing field.

The SEC believes that they DESERVE the best coaches. The best players. And without any doubt, the MOST appreciation.

The SEC is more football than anybody else. They appreciate it more, deserve it more, and love it more, than anybody else. Just ask them.

Reality is?

They be a bunch of pussies. Whining and crying about stupid shit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are completely insane if you think the SEC wants a true and level playing field.

The SEC believes that they DESERVE the best coaches. The best players. And without any doubt, the MOST appreciation.

The SEC is more football than anybody else. They appreciate it more, deserve it more, and love it more, than anybody else. Just ask them.

Reality is?

They be a bunch of pussies. Whining and crying about stupid shit.

giphy.gif

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with the SEC commissioners position. If Harbaugh wants to have sleepovers, or have spring breaks in Florida, or even give free BJ's to recruits, the results will be the same. They might be able to break the top 20.