• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SEC Championship #1 Alabama vs #4 Georgia, 4PM EST, CBS

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I am sensing a trend.

Ever since Saban came to Bama, whenever UGA and Bama meet in the post season, it's always an epic game. Bama comes out on top, hopefully that changes soon.

But 2012 SECCG, last year NCG and this year's SECCG were all epic games.
Yes they were. Jesus.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won the turnover battle, we caught some lucky breaks in the first half and Fromm played a hell of a game. It just wasn't enough. Bama is a great team, and to beat a great team like that, winning on special teams is a must, and that we didn't do.
Face it, for the second year in a row they gagged big time with a big lead with Balma's second team QB in there. Smart went into a shell again and didn't learn from last time. Can't even beat Bama with their back up QB in there.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face it, for the second year in a row they gagged big time with a big lead with Balma's second team QB in there. Smart went into a shell again and didn't learn from last time. Can't even beat Bama with their back up QB in there.
Alabama's badckup QB's would start for about 100 teams. So you aren't making much of a point there.

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know much about Bama or SEC football now do you?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know much about Bama or SEC football now do you?

He's our openly racist California retard. Pay him no mind.

Was I supposed to feel comfortable with a 14 point lead against one of the most explosive offenses in college football?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but even when we were up 14 and Alabama looked lost I never felt confident we would win.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Went into a shell? He went for it on 4th and 11 and continued to throw the ball. My only criticism of KS was putting in Fields at odd times given how Fromm was in a zone throwing perfect balls.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went into a shell? He went for it on 4th and 11 and continued to throw the ball. My only criticism of KS was putting in Fields at odd times given how Fromm was in a zone throwing perfect balls.

You're talking to a guy that said McNair of Maryland deserved to die because he was lazy and overweight, and he's openly racist.

Pay him no mind.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but even when we were up 14 and Alabama looked lost I never felt confident we would win.

I never felt confident either. When Bama recovered their own fumble at the goal line that was originally called a touchback for us, I was uneasy. And then when Hurts came in I had a real bad feeling and pretty well knew it was over.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never felt confident either. When Bama recovered their own fumble at the goal line that was originally called a touchback for us, I was uneasy. And then when Hurts came in I had a real bad feeling and pretty well knew it was over.
I'm not trying to be a sore loser but that is a very dumb rule. The player on Alabama had the ball in his hands for far less amount of time than they would consider possession for ruling something a catch.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be a sore loser but that is a very dumb rule. The player on Alabama had the ball in his hands for far less amount of time than they would consider possession for ruling something a catch.

Yeah, watching live you could never see he ever had it in his hands, you couldn't tell until it went to extreme slow mo.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just need possession at any point once it crosses the goal line. That is the difference. I think you might be confusing this with the rules of a catch.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just need possession at any point once it crosses the goal line. That is the difference. I think you might be confusing this with the rules of a catch.
It's not confusion with the rule. They properly called it by the text of the rule but it's a dumb rule because he had it for maybe a few milliseconds which IMO shouldn't constitute "possession".

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not confusion with the rule. They properly called it by the text of the rule but it's a dumb rule because he had it for maybe a few milliseconds which IMO shouldn't constitute "possession".
But he possessed it...over the goal line...

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he possessed it...over the goal line...
Only for a split second and never secured it. It's a special circumstance where the defining principles of claiming possession are far less than any other part of the field. I don't think you understand the point that I'm making...

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to leave here last night at the half for a party, but what a game. I never felt confident even when up a couple scores and glad we didn't get embarrassed. Played out so eerily similar to last years NCG. Great job Dawgs, great game Bama!

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only for a split second and never secured it. It's a special circumstance where the defining principles of claiming possession are far less than any other part of the field. I don't think you understand the point that I'm making...
You don't gotta secure possession on a fumble when your knees are down or in the end zone. It just has to be possessed...We are not discussing a catch here.

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to leave here last night at the half for a party, but what a game. I never felt confident even when up a couple scores and glad we didn't get embarrassed. Played out so eerily similar to last years NCG. Great job Dawgs, great game Bama!
You guys are gonna get one of these versus Alabama soon.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't gotta secure possession on a fumble when your knees are down or in the end zone. It just has to be possessed...We are not discussing a catch here.
So, you don't understand my point. I fully understand the call is in line with the rules...

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you don't understand my point.
I understand you have no point. You are basically wanting a rule change to stop Alabama from scoring after the fact.