• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC: 3 teams in the Sweet 16

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we were all wrong, 6-0 (seriously you are trying to count the play-in game in the record???) for the SEC proves unequivocally that it is the greatest year a conference has ever had

Wait, nope I meant to say that it has done nothing to change anyone's opinion that the CONFERENCE was awful. Three good teams for sure, but that means nothing for overall conference strength and depth.

This.

Plus the tourney is a one and done format. Though I will say conferences with the most FFs and NCs have a case, and the ACC and the old Big East will win that battle.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we were all wrong, 6-0 (seriously you are trying to count the play-in game in the record???) for the SEC proves unequivocally that it is the greatest year a conference has ever had

Wait, nope I meant to say that it has done nothing to change anyone's opinion that the CONFERENCE was awful. Three good teams for sure, but that means nothing for overall conference strength and depth.

Totally agree. SEC has 14 teams and only 3 got in the NCAA tourney. SEC conference sucked big time. UF, UK and Tenn are doing good, but that doesn't do anything to change the fact that the SEC fucking sucked. Also, who gives a shit about the NIT?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference bandwagoning is stupid in football. It's stupid in basketball, and most of the people that do it, don't even do it right anyway.

Conferences don't win Championships. They don't win bowl games, they don't win Final Fours. Teams do. Louisville won the title last year, not The Big East.

And if you're going to judge a conference as a whole, then you can't just ignore the shitty bottom half (or 3/4ths in the case of the SEC) The SEC was a dumpster fire, and even if Tennessee jumps brackets and all three SEC teams ended up in the Final Four and UF beat UK in the title game, that doesn't change the fact that the SEC was a dumpster fire all season.

Good for Florida, but the SEC still sucked.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every conference out there has bottom of the barrel teams and it's OK to single out the SEC. That's fine, however the SEC bottom teams seem to be doing OK at the NIT against the other bottom of the barrel teams. Logic has it, based on what has been posted here; if the SEC sucks then ALL conferences suck....and I'm OK with that. I'm just worn out over some of the arrogant "holier than thou" shit by people trying to justify losses to shitty teams. If your team loses; suck it up; simple as that.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every conference out there has bottom of the barrel teams and it's OK to single out the SEC. That's fine, however the SEC bottom teams seem to be doing OK at the NIT against the other bottom of the barrel teams. Logic has it, based on what has been posted here; if the SEC sucks then ALL conferences suck....and I'm OK with that. I'm just worn out over some of the arrogant "holier than thou" shit by people trying to justify losses to shitty teams. If your team loses; suck it up; simple as that.

I wouldn't say all conferences suck. Again, the SEC has 14 schools and only 3 made it to the tourney. That alone proves the SEC conference was a shit conference this year, doesn't matter how well UK, UF and Tenn are doing. UF is good enough to win any conference this year, they are just that good. It was unfortunate for UF they played in the worst conference in the country this year, but that's how it goes. Also, proving how the shitty teams from the SEC are winning in an irrelevant tournament like the NIT doesn't replace just how awful the SEC was this year in basketball. Teams win titles, not conferences. If UF wins it all this year, that means UF wins it. The SEC will still be the worst conference in the country this year.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummmm....what?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just can't contain themselves. LOL.... They hate the SEC because we pound on them in every sport except hockey. Not much ice down here...LOL

Oh you like the SEC? I'm confused, thought it was the ACC? The best conference in the land, remember!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just can't contain themselves. LOL.... They hate the SEC because we pound on them in every sport except hockey. Not much ice down here...LOL

UF, UK, and Tenn sucked major dick in football this past year; UF can't even beat FCS schools at their own crib, so not sure where you get "we". Now, UF and UK are good basketball teams, with Tenn coming on strong in the tourney, but the rest of the SEC was a joke in basketball this year. Not sure where you're getting "we" . I don't think anybody is hating the SEC; I think Team SEC pole smokers are getting their feelings hurt b/c the SEC was the worst basketball conference in the country this year. Again, why do you give a shit if the SEC sucked? UF is probably winning the NCAA tourney this year. I could give two shits if the Big 12 conference was the worst basketball conference if my Horns had a chance at winning it all.........

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you like the SEC? I'm confused, thought it was the ACC? The best conference in the land, remember!

I do like the ACC, however after their dismal performance in the tournament, just might have to rank them below the shitty SEC bunch....LOL .....or even worse, below the really dismal PAC...:laugh3:Just kidding.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the ACC, however after their dismal performance in the tournament, just might have to rank them below the shitty SEC bunch....LOL .....or even worse, below the really dismal PAC...:laugh3:Just kidding.

i can't tell if you meant just kidding in ranking the ACC below the SEC (because that would be a joke) or that you are still trying to justify that the PAC is worse than either of those leagues this year....

Either way the ACC bowing out early in the tourney still doesn't mean they were worse than the SEC, because they weren't. But the two leagues were similar in that there was so much trash at the bottom of the leagues that it allowed teams to go almost undefeated (UVA) and undefeated (UF) throughout the whole conference season, something that never happens.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say all conferences suck. Again, the SEC has 14 schools and only 3 made it to the tourney. That alone proves the SEC conference was a shit conference this year, doesn't matter how well UK, UF and Tenn are doing.
I guess this would be consistent with believing that since the SEC will have the most teams in the top 25 in college football next year, that alone proves they are the best conference

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this would be consistent with believing that since the SEC will have the most teams in the top 25 in college football next year, that alone proves they are the best conference

Oh please don't try to confuse them with logic. :suds: because that's easy to do.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual, the SEC is Kentucky and Florida. The only somewhat surprising thing is that Kentucky seems to have finally come together at just the right time.

Tennessee has benefited from an overrated 6-seed in its region and Mercer beating Duke. They're in almost by default.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual, the SEC is Kentucky and Florida. The only somewhat surprising thing is that Kentucky seems to have finally come together at just the right time.

Tennessee has benefited from an overrated 6-seed in its region and Mercer beating Duke. They're in almost by default.

Hold on there...didn't that shitty Tennessee team knock of Iowa?????LOL Seems to me Tennessee and Iowa had the same conference record and the same OCC record when they played each other. How does that bode for the B1G????? If Tennessee beats Michigan; YIKES!!!!!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really b/c the '14 season hasn't been played out in football yet. What is fact is that the SEC was the worst conference in basketball this season. That's already been proven.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on there...didn't that shitty Tennessee team knock of Iowa?????LOL Seems to me Tennessee and Iowa had the same conference record and the same OCC record when they played each other. How does that bode for the B1G????? If Tennessee beats Michigan; YIKES!!!!!

They barely knocked off a weak ass Iowa team on a talespin.. Hardly an impressive win.. How was the Florida vs UM game last year chief? 79-59?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They barely knocked off a weak ass Iowa team on a talespin.. Hardly an impressive win.. How was the Florida vs UM game last year chief? 79-59?

such a dumb ass...brings up a game from a year ago. I could bring up all sorts of Fl wins over Big10 teams in past years. Let's get your eye back on the ball...OK???