• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC: 3 teams in the Sweet 16

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have guessed?

I sure as hell didn't... great weekend for the SEC.

7-0 start to the tourney.

How far can each team go?

I think UK can beat Louisville but can't beat Michigan.

Tenn will probably get killed by Michigan.

Florida has the best shot if they can beat UCLA... since Dayton and Stanford have pulled off upsets.

Those are just my opinions... we will see soon enough.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll have 1 team left after the next round of games.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would of thought?? Nobody.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had UK and UF in the sweet 16, but not Tenn. Was I the only one that didn't think Wichita State should have been a #1 seed?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had UK and UF in the sweet 16, but not Tenn. Was I the only one that didn't think Wichita State should have been a #1 seed?

No I was right there with you...I was "shitting" on them all year from what other posters said.

I think they are a good team.. but they only played 2 top 40 teams all year... St. Louis and Tenn. And Tenn played poorly that game and still had a chance to win. St Louis was going down the 2nd half of the season.

Outside that, they played community college competition so I refuse to give them a pass.

Look at Kansas for example. My opinion is they lost because of their tough schedule and wear and tear on that team. If they didn't play such a hard schedule, they would have more "gas in the tank" come March. Instead, they had players injured and out and were completely out of sync.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida should have plenty gas in the tank after that shit SEC conference schedule. No excuses.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida should have plenty gas in the tank after that shit SEC conference schedule. No excuses.

Yep... even after we crushed Kansas, Memphis, Kentucky three times, Tenn two times...Ark @ Fayetteville which is one of the hardest places to play... and Mizz twice.

Since we have gotten all our players back from suspension, we haven't lost.

The only shitty thing was they put Wisky in a different bracket and they won't make the final four... I was hoping we got them again since we have our starters back. They beat us earlier in the year when our team manager and two other players who haven't seen the court since then were playing (and the game was close) and never let us live it down. I wanted a payback blowout... but it looks like that won't happen.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I was right there with you...I was "shitting" on them all year from what other posters said.

I think they are a good team.. but they only played 2 top 40 teams all year... St. Louis and Tenn. And Tenn played poorly that game and still had a chance to win. St Louis was going down the 2nd half of the season.

Outside that, they played community college competition so I refuse to give them a pass.

Look at Kansas for example. My opinion is they lost because of their tough schedule and wear and tear on that team. If they didn't play such a hard schedule, they would have more "gas in the tank" come March. Instead, they had players injured and out and were completely out of sync.

all this post says is you shouldn't play too hard of a schedule, but shouldn't play an easy schedule, so I guess you should just play in the SEC?

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe Tennessee even got in the tourney tbh. I thought they looked horrible when playing good teams. All they had was big men but theyre overpowering the competition so far. Yeah they'll get killed by Michigan though anyways since they're playing a really good team for once

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all this post says is you shouldn't play too hard of a schedule, but shouldn't play an easy schedule, so I guess you should just play in the SEC?

You would think that given all the "perception" during the regular season...

But after the way the SEC has played so far, I am starting to wonder what the brackets would have looked like if they let Arkansas, Mizz, and Miss in? They appear to be tearing up the NIT.. and the SEC may be stronger that what those bastard so-called "experts" led us to believe with the opinion polls.

Damn polls... :suds:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... even after we crushed Kansas, Memphis, Kentucky three times, Tenn two times...Ark @ Fayetteville which is one of the hardest places to play... and Mizz twice.

Since we have gotten all our players back from suspension, we haven't lost.

The only shitty thing was they put Wisky in a different bracket and they won't make the final four... I was hoping we got them again since we have our starters back. They beat us earlier in the year when our team manager and two other players who haven't seen the court since then were playing (and the game was close) and never let us live it down. I wanted a payback blowout... but it looks like that won't happen.

crushed? Kansas by 6 at home, Memphis by 2, Tenn by 7, Kentucky by 1. Look, you guys keep winning games and in the end that's the most important thing. But let's not sugarcoat it. You didn't even crush Albany.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think that given all the "perception" during the regular season...

But after the way the SEC has played so far, I am starting to wonder what the brackets would have looked like if they let Arkansas, Mizz, and Miss in? They appear to be tearing up the NIT.. and the SEC may be stronger that what those bastard so-called "experts" led us to believe with the opinion polls.

Damn polls... :suds:

UF and UK 100%, but let's wait until Tennessee plays a good team before we get a huge boner for them. Iowa imploded, Umass was Umass, and they got 14 Mercer in the round of 32.

I railed on the SEC all year and even I had Tennessee in the S16 (to be fair I had them beating duke so I obviously thought they were talented)

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe Tennessee even got in the tourney tbh. I thought they looked horrible when playing good teams. All they had was big men but theyre overpowering the competition so far. Yeah they'll get killed by Michigan though anyways since they're playing a really good team for once

Tenn is one of those teams that has been very up and down the last few years.

They have a strong interior group... the big question marks are McRae and Richardson. McRae is a future NBA talent who can take over a game... and Richardson is playing better and better every game.

I do believe smart money says Michigan blows them out... but given the way this tourney has gone, who knows.

If McRae shows up and the rest play well... you never know. They can't let Michigan shoot 3's though... if that happens it will be a blowout.

Most teams can't stop Michigan's 3's because that leaves the big men one and one... so if Stokes and Mammon can play the bigs 1 on 1... Tenn could have a chance. Just not likely.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tenn is one of those teams that has been very up and down the last few years.

They have a strong interior group... the big question marks are McRae and Richardson. McRae is a future NBA talent who can take over a game... and Richardson is playing better and better every game.

I do believe smart money says Michigan blows them out... but given the way this tourney has gone, who knows.

If McRae shows up and the rest play well... you never know. They can't let Michigan shoot 3's though... if that happens it will be a blowout.

Most teams can't stop Michigan's 3's because that leaves the big men one and one... so if Stokes and Mammon can play the bigs 1 on 1... Tenn could have a chance. Just not likely.

Nah, maybe that was last year's scouting report. Nobody worries about Michigan's big men, they score like 10 ppg combined.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood why people like to brag about other teams in their favorite teams conference. They are the enemy. They must be destroyed. Fuck them all.

That's my theory.

asindc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood why people like to brag about other teams in their favorite teams conference. They are the enemy. They must be destroyed. Fuck them all.

That's my theory.

Short of making the FF, it legitimizes how good you are to some extent. If all your conference rivals suck in the tournament and your team doesn't go far, what are we to make of that?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's my theory.

That is a tough statement... because you have to know a fans background.

I myself was born and raised in Knoxville with parents and an entire family of UT alumni. I wanted to play ball for UT to follow in my dads footsteps, but they didn't want me. I played in the Northeast for a year and then got recruited down to Florida by a coach I knew from Penn 5 star basketball camp. So I left for Florida having NEVER visited the school once. I had a great time.

So I have love for Florida and Tenn... I also have lived for extended periods of time in Louisville and I currently have been in Fayetteville for 7 years. So if you love sports and want to go to games, you kinda have to support the local teams. So unless Florida is here, I wear Hog gear to games. When Florida is here, I were my Gator gear... and generally most fans are hospitable although last year some country old man spit in my wife's face for no reason so we had a little altercation with police and he lost his season tickets and the charges against me were dropped (thankfully hog fans around the area were on my side).

After undergrad my company paid for me to get my master's so I then went to grad school at MIT and then at Kellogg (Northwestern) so I spent a lot of time with the B1G... problem is NW and MIT pretty much suck at all major sports... although NW makes a push sometimes like they did this year in basketball and have in football before.

I also have really good friends who I watch sports with that are die hard tOSU fans... and although I give them a hard time, I do root for OSU when they aren't playing the SEC.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short of making the FF, it legitimizes how good you are to some extent. If all your conference rivals suck in the tournament and your team doesn't go far, what are we to make of that?
:agree:

That is true... and it works for every conference. One reason people say Florida is overrated this year isn't because of anything they have done... but because "the SEC is down"

Same with the B1G... they keep higher ranking because "they are all beating each other up in the best conference"

What is ironic about that is come football season, the same people using that as validation in basketball season, refuse to acknowledge it in football season (e.g. SEC football).

But I do agree. That fact that Florida wiped the court with Kentucky and Tenn this year more than once does help me validate that we could have beaten common opponents much easier (e.g. Wichita State)

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have guessed?

I sure as hell didn't... great weekend for the SEC.

7-0 start to the tourney.

How far can each team go?

I think UK can beat Louisville but can't beat Michigan.

Tenn will probably get killed by Michigan.

Florida has the best shot if they can beat UCLA... since Dayton and Stanford have pulled off upsets.

Those are just my opinions... we will see soon enough.

No, great weekend for UK, UF and Tenn. The rest of the SEC is terrible.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a tough statement... because you have to know a fans background.

I myself was born and raised in Knoxville with parents and an entire family of UT alumni. I wanted to play ball for UT to follow in my dads footsteps, but they didn't want me. I played in the Northeast for a year and then got recruited down to Florida by a coach I knew from Penn 5 star basketball camp. So I left for Florida having NEVER visited the school once. I had a great time.

So I have love for Florida and Tenn... I also have lived for extended periods of time in Louisville and I currently have been in Fayetteville for 7 years. So if you love sports and want to go to games, you kinda have to support the local teams. So unless Florida is here, I wear Hog gear to games. When Florida is here, I were my Gator gear... and generally most fans are hospitable although last year some country old man spit in my wife's face for no reason so we had a little altercation with police and he lost his season tickets and the charges against me were dropped (thankfully hog fans around the area were on my side).

After undergrad my company paid for me to get my master's so I then went to grad school at MIT and then at Kellogg (Northwestern) so I spent a lot of time with the B1G... problem is NW and MIT pretty much suck at all major sports... although NW makes a push sometimes like they did this year in basketball and have in football before.

I also have really good friends who I watch sports with that are die hard tOSU fans... and although I give them a hard time, I do root for OSU when they aren't playing the SEC.

Wait, MIT has major sports teams? I'd love to see them playing some hockey against BU or BC hahahaha