• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC: 3 teams in the Sweet 16

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC teams collectively have been impressive.

No doubt, they have outperformed expectations and were the best league in the first weekend.

But, I think its a waste of time to look at conferences in basketball.

Conference homerism is annoying in Football, but its particularly silly in NCAA...at least in football you need to influence voters

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it seems to happen every year....usually kentucky and a couple others make it this far

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have my own biz. I wear a blue collar, though.

Actually, most of this countries millionaires are blue collar business owners... generally they don't make as much but they are smarter with their spending and don't have to live lavish lifestyles.

So regardless of what color shirt you wear... it has no bearing on success.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC teams collectively have been impressive.

No doubt, they have outperformed expectations and were the best league in the first weekend.

But, I think its a waste of time to look at conferences in basketball.

Conference homerism is annoying in Football, but its particularly silly in NCAA...at least in football you need to influence voters

Totally agree. I still do not understand conference homerism. I care about Texas and Texas only. Once they lost to UM, I don't really care what happens to the Big 12 teams. In fact, I was cheering for North Dakota State to stomp a mudhole into OU, cheered for Stanford to beat KU (just b/c the few KU fans/alumni I know are so fucking obnoxious this time of year) and cheering for Creighton (just b/c Drew is as fucking shady as Art Briles is) right now. Other than that, I'm a bigger fan of baseball than basketball and my shitty bracket is done, so I have no interest in the tourney anymore......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, most of this countries millionaires are blue collar business owners... generally they don't make as much but they are smarter with their spending and don't have to live lavish lifestyles.

So regardless of what color shirt you wear... it has no bearing on success.

So true.........and actually, most of this countries millionaires tend to own more than 1 business as well.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only point is maybe the SEC was the worst conference, but everything is relative. I don't think it was as bad as people made it out to be.

Who cares if the SEC is the worst conference? Your team is fucking solid and should win it all......

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem that a lot of SEC teams had is that they couldn't play multiple ways so there was a lot of rock-paper-scissors within the conference. I do think Florida, Tennessee and eventually Kentucky were the three teams that rose above the rock-paper-scissors of the styles of play in conference. I think the committee got it right by only having those 3 teams in but Kentucky should have been a 5-6 seed and Tennessee should have been a 9-10

Mizzou shot 50% from 3pt land and around 33% from 2pt land today against a team undersized at every position. We had no business in postseason play

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of teams in the SEC that defended their home court and for Florida to go through all that is a statement as to the ability of that team to adapt to what those teams had to offer.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me that we are finding out all the rhetoric about the Big10, Big12, and PAC 12 was simply that; just rhetoric. The SEC, after all the negative statements have shown up well in both the NIT and the NCAA. Not sure if all the condescending remarks regarding the SEC are now valid. Who Knows; even Darszonafan(whatever) might get it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the postseason has shown that conference differences in general are pretty overrated. It appears to mostly be about matchups and team maturity

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had UK and UF in the sweet 16, but not Tenn. Was I the only one that didn't think Wichita State should have been a #1 seed?

I had Florida and Kentucky in the Sweet 16 but had Duke knocking off Tennessee. Still in it to win it in my 22 player bracket. Gators win, then I'm in. The caaasssh.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have guessed?

I sure as hell didn't... great weekend for the SEC.

7-0 start to the tourney.

How far can each team go?

I think UK can beat Louisville but can't beat Michigan.

Tenn will probably get killed by Michigan.

Florida has the best shot if they can beat UCLA... since Dayton and Stanford have pulled off upsets.

Those are just my opinions... we will see soon enough.
Michigan going to lose to Louisville.. Tennessee has a good shot against Michigan IMO.. I actually think Tennessee has a better chance to beat Michigan than Kentucky does with Louisville.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me that we are finding out all the rhetoric about the Big10, Big12, and PAC 12 was simply that; just rhetoric. The SEC, after all the negative statements have shown up well in both the NIT and the NCAA. Not sure if all the condescending remarks regarding the SEC are now valid. Who Knows; even Darszonafan(whatever) might get it.

Both the Big10 and Pac12 actually did decent in the tourney so far..

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One-and-done playoff results: a tempting and oft-employed argument when defending conference superiority... but not a very good one.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriouslly??? teams like Georgia, Arkansas....care

Doubt UGA really cares; they have no history or tradition in basketball. That's a football school. Arky probably cares, but they have sucked in basketball for quite a while now.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Big10 and Pac12 actually did decent in the tourney so far..

Never said they didn't; my point was aaaaaallllll year long all we heard was how the SEC sucks and it turns out that the SEC is doing well in the NCAA at a 7-0 win/loss and also doing well in the NIT. What's up with that?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said they didn't; my point was aaaaaallllll year long all we heard was how the SEC sucks and it turns out that the SEC is doing well in the NCAA at a 7-0 win/loss and also doing well in the NIT. What's up with that?

I guess we were all wrong, 6-0 (seriously you are trying to count the play-in game in the record???) for the SEC proves unequivocally that it is the greatest year a conference has ever had

Wait, nope I meant to say that it has done nothing to change anyone's opinion that the CONFERENCE was awful. Three good teams for sure, but that means nothing for overall conference strength and depth.