• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle coming in 7-31 thru 8-2.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a feeling we will be disappointed with what we squeeze for Yu.

Cheap ass dodgers. Maybe they're just being secretive. I was hoping to get one of their really good prospects for Darvish. I might need to pull for the nationals instead this year if those idiots don't trade for a pitcher that they so obviously need. If I was their GM, I'd be aggressive. Do you really want to waste Kershaw's prime? Maybe they'll win it without Darvish, entirely possible, but I think this deal would make them the clear favorites.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap ass dodgers. Maybe they're just being secretive. I was hoping to get one of their really good prospects for Darvish. I might need to pull for the nationals instead this year if those idiots don't trade for a pitcher that they so obviously need. If I was their GM, I'd be aggressive. Do you really want to waste Kershaw's prime? Maybe they'll win it without Darvish, entirely possible, but I think this deal would make them the clear favorites.
We have little to say about it.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a feeling we will be disappointed with what we squeeze for Yu.

I think we might keep Yu because JD won't get what he wants for him. He will spin it to the fanbase that we held onto him for the draft compensation and the chamce of re-signing him.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This maybe a very long night for JD.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the " rental" thing not being desirable, but Darvish would probably be a huge help for some team in the playoffs. I'll be shocked if he's not gone, due to the compensation rules, we would only receive a 3rd round pick if Darvish walked in free agency. We would presumably get a better return by trading him no matter what.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the " rental" thing not being desirable, but Darvish would probably be a huge help for some team in the playoffs. I'll be shocked if he's not gone, due to the compensation rules, we would only receive a 3rd round pick if Darvish walked in free agency. We would presumably get a better return by trading him no matter what.

Might want to rethink that. Think Lucroy and Demster and how that worked out.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad he's jettisoned. He was not a good fit here. Sucks that it didn't work out. Oh well.

Edit: player to be named later is bullshit. Better be a decent prospect.

I'm optimistic about our return for the other PTBNL. Dyson is doing well for the Giants.

Dyson blew a 1-0 lead in the 9th tonight.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Duane, give me a call when our ship comes in.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might keep Yu because JD won't get what he wants for him. He will spin it to the fanbase that we held onto him for the draft compensation and the chamce of re-signing him.

They should have kept it private about trying to re-sign him and it would probably have helped the team they potentially traded with, give up some more.

By saying they were going to go hard for him in FA might have made some teams skeptical that they would give up to much and he would have some kind of handshake deal to head back to the Rangers. For a boatload of cats obviously

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is looking more and more like it. Not so sure about the resigning bit. Not enough teams in pursuit of Yu to force one to panic. And LAD is looking too invincible right now without him.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is looking more and more like it. Not so sure about the resigning bit. Not enough teams in pursuit of Yu to force one to panic. And LAD is looking too invincible right now without him.

I was just about to say the same thing to Nightcrawler about how hot the Dodgers are. They are on fire!

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to say the same thing to Nightcrawler about how hot the Dodgers are. They are on fire!
Hate to say it, but the Astros may be the key. JD should be angling them in some how. Wouldn't mind having some of their top prospects.