• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season Tickets Decline

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Season ticket sales regress for Virginia Tech football - Hokies Journal - The Washington Post

I tend to agree it's an economy thing, atleast to some extent. Attendance at some traditionally consistent venues are down (check out WVU for a regional attendance/performance peer). Add to the fact that I personally live in Richmond and can attend a Tech away football game at the following ACC opponents for equal or less cost than a trip to Blacksburg: UVa, Maryland, Duke, NC State, UNC, Wake Forest. That's half the league.

The sellouts will continue though.

What do you all think?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think this may be a combination of a few factors:

1) The Economy: Times are hard.
2) The schedule: Appy and especially Arkansas st. will prob draw 2 of the smallest showing at lane in years.
3) TT, DE, And RW: These guys put butts in the seats
4) The scheduled re-seating after next year: I would guess that instead of put up with the hassle of being moved (again) a lot of people are just trying to wait it out and pick their own seats.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
students tickets for $80. Gotta love it!

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
students tickets for $80. Gotta love it!

Indeed. Take FULL advantage while you are there. The best deal in the ACC (any sport) and close to the top in the nation. Between myself, my wife, and my younger brother, I lived off student and/or guest tickets for almost a decade. I guess I can't complain too much.

The thing is, even as a student who pays fees and deserves every bit of the 17,500 seats (and more) you all are entitled to, you still pay a rate relatively comparable to non-students at other schools. Plenty of demand makes it still a steal to Tech students. The one good part of this season ticket decline is the student section is completely safe. I was afraid the AD would cut the student section during reseating.

FWIW, the lower half of ACC season ticket packages (no donations required)

Duke public season tickets start at $70 per
Virginia at $99
Miami at $110
Maryland $120
Wake Forest $149
Boston College $150

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Indeed. Take FULL advantage while you are there. The best deal in the ACC (any sport) and close to the top in the nation. Between myself, my wife, and my younger brother, I lived off student and/or guest tickets for almost a decade. I guess I can't complain too much.

The thing is, even as a student who pays fees and deserves every bit of the 17,500 seats (and more) you all are entitled to, you still pay a rate relatively comparable to non-students at other schools. Plenty of demand makes it still a steal to Tech students. The one good part of this season ticket decline is the student section is completely safe. I was afraid the AD would cut the student section during reseating.

FWIW, the lower half of ACC season ticket packages (no donations required)

Duke public season tickets start at $70 per
Virginia at $99
Miami at $110
Maryland $120
Wake Forest $149
Boston College $150
I lived off student/guest tickets for about 7 seasons....Would still be doing it if I hadn't moved 6 hours away from Blacksburg...