• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season is a week out. Tells us your Preseason thoughts on your team

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego State Aztecs

Strengths: Defense as always, it's what carries them in 90% of their wins. Adding 3 transfers including a shot blocker, a former top 40 recruit, and a stretch 4 will help in different ways.
Weakness: Scoring the ball, similar to defense always carrying SDSU it's the offense that always holds them back from having more success.
Impact Players: Trey Kell didn't have flashy stats last year, but can really shoot the ball and attack the basket. Him and Jeremy Hemsley are the back court duo who will be the most important part of SDSU improving the offensive struggle.
Breakout Player: Malik Pope. I thought he'd have his breakout last season, but was too inconsistent. He's got NBA level talent and size, but has to be more aggressive more often. There's potential for him to be a 15-20ppg guy even on an offensively challenged team.
Expectations: They win the MWC and get a seed between 6-10 in the NCAA tourney. Lose in the round of 32, I wanna say they upset and reach the sweet 16 but don't expect it.

Last edited:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Nigel Hayes moronic opinions and off the court activism doesn't mess up the team and his already poor play from last season as he cost us a trip to the elite 8. Now he's making up issues that aren't even issues. He's basically been a provocateur in the off season after he failed to make the cut as an NBA player so he came back and stirred the pot with BS. I wish he would just shut his mouth and play basketball. Save that trash for when you're playing in the D league.

Wisconsin players cite racism, demand change

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good thread. Always nice getting insight from fans that actually know their teams better than most "experts" that write automated blobs of BS on most sites.

Looking forward to tomorrow! :suds:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breakout Players: Traci Carter and Markus Howard. We need PG stability(it sucked last year). Carter got valuable freshman experience it's time to show it. Howard is only 17, but he came to college early for a reason. He can play.

I like to follow some of the local AZ HS stars whenever they come out, especially when Arizona offers them and Howard had an offer from AZ so I've done my research on him and he looks like a big time player. Smart player and a straight bucket getter, could be one of those 4 year stars in CBB.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to follow some of the local AZ HS stars whenever they come out, especially when Arizona offers them and Howard had an offer from AZ so I've done my research on him and he looks like a big time player. Smart player and a straight bucket getter, could be one of those 4 year stars in CBB.

Yup, by all indications kid is a stud and it's all about "when and not if" he becomes a straight difference maker. We will see how he looks starting tomorrow but indications are he should get some solid Pt right off the bat.

On MU boards kinda the resident high school expert has been high on Howard for a long time and he usually doesn't go crazy.

His lack of NBA size and young age make it very likely even if he blows up that he will be here for long haul.

kistek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strengths, weaknesses, impact players, breakout players etc..

Kansas
Strengths -- Our backcourt is pretty good.
Weakness -- Our frontcourt is pretty not good.

Breakout players -- If Vick can get some burn early, I think he'd be my answer here. Svi is prob the better answer, even though more people "know" about him. Vick is a super athletic guard, loves playing defense and can hit from 3. Kansas is a bit full in the bc, so Vick might only see ~10/15 minutes a night. Svi will see double that, I'm sure.