• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks - Niners Rivalry Thread

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voluntarily putting himself into a substance abuse facility beat alcoholism and admitting his problem? I like smiths character.

Shooting guns at his own party with gang members in attendance. Facing weapons charges. Hasn't yet answered the punishment for his driving while drunker than a skunk and crashing his car on the way to work.

I am not surprised you like his character. Are you guys members of the same gang? Just curious, but how far below your waist line do your britches hang?

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ass he volunteered.
It was either his agent, the 9ers, or his mother.
If he VOLUNTEERED, he would have already been there.
NO way in HELL, smith went to practice, still drunk, then after practice 'volunteered' to go to rehab.
You can bet your ass there was calls made during practice, and he was having his BUTT shipped off to rehab.

Volunteered:lol::lol::lol::laugh3::laugh3:

But if that is how you want to spin it, make yourself feel better, :L:L go ahead.
And don't EVEN attempt to find a link or quote saying he 'volunteered'. I'm sure they are out there.

Yep, most times, people change because they feel the heat, not because they see the light.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Russell Wilson.....

The Seahawk fans are shitting themselves. They are writing open letter to Wilson begging him to sign for a big discount so they can sign loud mouth Richard Sherman and others..

Apparently they didn't think it was worth the time to ask Richard Sherman to sign for a discount to keep the team together... :laugh3:

Funny Stuff.... From the Seattle Times...

Dear Mr. Wilson,

You have been the biggest bargain in the NFL for most of two years now, and Seahawks fans really appreciate all that you have done for our team and our city. Soon you will be making a playoff run that I hope will culminate with every player’s dream of winning a Super Bowl. That will be the most exciting day in Seattle sports history.

It won’t be long before you will be able to sign a big contract that will pay you what you truly worth. The going rate for the top quarterbacks in the NFL is about $20 million per year. You certainly deserve that. You are a great quarterback and still don’t seem to have scratched the surface of your potential.

Don’t let what I am asking of you lead you to believe that I don’t think you deserve everything you can get. Your effort and preparation will continue to help the Seahawks get better and be a good team for as long as you are here no matter how much money you are paid.

I am asking for you to remember what your dreams are in the NFL. You have said you want to win multiple Super Bowls, and no one here doubts you can do that in Seattle.

But if you get the giant payday you deserve, the amount of money left to pay other players is much more limited. Teams like the last Super Bowl champion, the Baltimore Ravens, have given their quarterback a big contract. The Ravens had to let important players from their team go, and they now are struggling.

As the Seahawks become great, players like Richard Sherman, Golden Tate, Max Unger and others will want their contracts renewed. It would be sad to see all of your ability not used to lead to Super Bowl wins because the team has to sacrifice the players around you.

So my hope is that you show your leadership by staying in Seattle when the time comes for you to get a new contract. Realize that taking a “hometown discount” is in your best interest as well as the best interest of the Seahawks. Maybe by re-signing you can even convince some of the other Seattle players that taking a little less so they can win more championships would be best for them and their careers.

No matter what you choose I will always support you as the classy, caring, hard-working franchise quarterback that I have longed for since 1976, when I fell in love with the Seahawks at the age of 7. I appreciate all of the great things you have already done, and I’m sure you will do for the rest of your career. All I ask is for you to take a look at your legacy in this game and how you could be remembered: as one of the quarterbacks who won four Super Bowls, not as another player who left town after taking every penny another team offered.

Your fan,

Eric Huenefeld

Priceless! Dear Russell Wilson: A Seahawk fan?s plea to his quarterback | Take 2 | Seattle Times

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its a little early, he can't even engage in negotiations till the end of the third year.

I just thought it was a funny letter..... "OH please dear sir mr. russell wilson!!!!" LMFAO! You have to admit, a lot of seahawk fans take themselves very seriously.

It is pretty crazy to think that he is making 520K this year though, I just think its funny for a fan to plead for a guy who they are getting at a ridiculous discount already to take another one for the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like in the second to last paragraph how he says "so they can win more championships". Dude needs to know you have to win one championship before you can win multiple.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like in the second to last paragraph how he says "so they can win more championships". Dude needs to know you have to win one championship before you can win multiple.

I think a lot of seahawk fans honestly believe they have this one in the bag. They are already looking ahead for number 2.

:L

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its a little early, he can't even engage in negotiations till the end of the third year.

I just thought it was a funny letter..... "OH please dear sir mr. russell wilson!!!!" LMFAO! You have to admit, a lot of seahawk fans take themselves very seriously.

we do because very passionate fans

Take me for example. I Joined during that NFC west tittle run (2003-2008 i think) when it was a great time to be a fan. I stuck with after.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaker was a decent troll at one point.

She has obviously lost her touch.

It's because her team sucks....especially her boyfriend (she wishes), Kaepernick.

I pity her.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um. He can't even be up for a new contract till after his third season as stated for all rookies via the new CBA rules. That means 2015.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the thread is a feeble attempt at trolling. This is the kind of shit you see from all passionate fans of every team, but it is still kind of funny.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I doubt there was ever a Dear Peyton letter published in the Denver Post asking him to give back some of his 20+ million a year. That is funny that you think this is normal? For a year two starting quarterback who makes 500k a year and has led his team to a 9-1 record to be getting asked to take less money so other players can make more in a couple years...

That is not normal man.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worry about your team.

Unlike this, it's something a fan should be concerned about.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't worrying, I was laughing.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the guy on a sports message board making fun of a guy for excessive fandom.

I mean, really?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I doubt there was ever a Dear Peyton letter published in the Denver Post asking him to give back some of his 20+ million a year. That is funny that you think this is normal? For a year two starting quarterback who makes 500k a year and has led his team to a 9-1 record to be getting asked to take less money so other players can make more in a couple years...

That is not normal man.

Well you dont scour the Denver or Indy newspapers for trolling material like you do the Seattle Times.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is not normal man.

The angles you take are just ridiculous sometimes.

Relating a situation such as this one to a player in his twilight years as opposed to a second year player doesn't even make sense.

And yes it is quite normal for a passionate fan to want a star player to take a hometown discount so they can keep a solid team together. Maybe not to the extent where they write a sappy letter, but to the point of discussion, yes.

I admit, the timing is just stupid which adds the comedy.

BTW- Let me make it clear that I don't agree with the "share the wealth' philosophy at all. Take what you can get when you can get it. I'm just saying it's not uncommon for a lot of fans to feel that way.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't worrying, I was laughing.

If you're poking around the Seattle Times website digging for material, then you're full of it. What a sad little insecure boy you are.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters but Russell Wilson already showed he's the kind of man that'll take a discount to do what he loves. He turned down a $1 million offer to play baseball, so now he only gets $540k. Wilson doesn't seem to be about the money. Neither is Sherman since you brought him up too. Sherman already offered a discount to keep the legion of boom together. Except for some weed-smokin' the Sea hawks are character guys. Lol

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaker was a decent troll at one point.

She has obviously lost her touch.

It's because her team sucks....especially her boyfriend (she wishes), Kaepernick.

I pity her.

There used to be some level of entertainment that went along with this act. Now it's just old, worn-out and tired. I can't imagine a more obnoxious, less imaginative troll on a sports board than this horse's ass.