• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks in control

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to 'Mr Playoff' (Mitch Levy on KJR) Seattle can now lose BOTH of their remaining road games and still have home field advantage without needing any other help. That's not to say they can lose any two of their last six games, however if they win every remaining home game they are locked in with HFA. It would appear they win all tie breakers with any NFC team that would also end up at 13-3 including SF.

That MNF game in 3 weeks looms large as their last big hurdle unless they somehow get upset in any of the other 3 remaining home games. I know how confident most of you will be about that game, but NO is no joke. I'm really happy that is a home game, but even then that will be a big challenge for the team and will require a complete game like the one they had yesterday.

How cool is it to no longer even care if you beat SF on their turf? That game is now irrelevant and that is freaking awesome. Takes a lot of pressure off the team.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for posting. I had to get out of the car before they did this segment.

Theres a lot of season left. so obviously anything can happen. But seeing the niners go down was huge yesterday.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many possible situations left.
IF Seattle wins all their home games and lose the remaining two road games, then they will have 3 losses.
If that is the case, then the Saints would have a minimum of 3 loses and a head to head loss to Seattle.
If in this same Seattle situation, and SF wins out, they will also have 3 losses. and a Head to head split, then Tie-Breaker #3 comes into play. Common Opponents. That one HUGE Carolina game each of us played would be the difference. In this situation, Seattle loses to the Giants, but they are not a common opponent, so advantage Seattle.

Before this SF loss, if both teams won out, SF would have won the tie-breaker #5, SOV, most likely. Our two non common opponents are Minn and NYG to their GB and WASH. GB and WASH will probably have better overall records than Minn and NYG, giving SF the advantage.

That SF loss yesterday was huge.

I agree, in this one situation, he is correct, but any home loss messes this ONE situation up.
So, DON'T lose at HOME.

Go Hawks

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks have it right now,they just have to grab it.

The road to the SB will come through Seattle.

images (2)12thmanfl.jpg

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just takled to a guy I work with and he said the way it works out if Seattle wins the rest of their home games (including 2 in playoffs) they will be in the superbowl....just think about that for a second

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the scenarios that I see

a) San Fran loses next week (6-4)

...but then wins out after that (12-4). That would mean that we can lose BOTH the San Fran and New Orleans game (3 losses) and still win the NFC West as long as we take care of the teams we should beat (Vikings, Giants, Cards, Rams)

In this scenario if we are 13-3 (with a loss to New Orleans) we can still win the #1 seed if New Orleans loses two more games the rest of the way (Atlanta, Carolina, St Louis, Carolina, Tampa Bay). If they only lose 1 then they get the tie breaker.

If we beat New Orleans in this scenario then we guarantee them 3 losses. With only 2 losses (Indy and San Fran) and the tie breaker we can afford to lose another game that we shouldn't lose and still get #1.

If we beat BOTH New Orleans and San Fran it's game over

b) San Fran wins next week (7-3)

That would put both the 49ers and Saints at 7-3. In this scenario we cannot afford to lose both games to San Fran and New Orleans because that would put us at 3 losses. We currently hold the tie breaker with the common win over Carolina but in this scenario if we lose to New Orleans...San Fran gains the advantage again with their win over the Saints and thus 3 losses if every team wins out from there...we will end up with the 5th seed and a wild card team playing on the road.

In this scenario our best route would be to win against San Fran. We can afford to lose to New Orleans cause San Fran already beat them giving them 3 losses. If we only lose to New Orleans we still only have 2 losses. Beating San Fran would put them at 4 losses. New Orleans still has 2 games against Carolina so in this scenario at 2 losses we have a 2 game lead over San Fran and 1 game lead over New Orleans. We would have to lose out against the Giants, Cards, and Rams to lose the division.

In my opinion I am rooting for scenario A next week. Giving San Fran 4 losses would be huge. I know the #1 seed is the preferred position, but what's most important is securing the NFC West. San Fran losing next week would almost guarantee the #2 seed for us and I am fine with that. #2 seed means a guaranteed bye and one guaranteed home game. And we can still get a home game for the NFC Championship if a hot wild card team let's say San Fran or a Green Bay with Aaron Rodgers returning can go into New Orleans and beat them in the Divisional Round. Then all of a sudden we have complete home field again.

The worst case scenario would be to end up 13-3 or 12-4 and be a wild card team. That is the likelihood of scenario B unless we can win against San Fran.

So I suggest every Seahawk fan root for New Orleans to beat San Fran next week!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to take care of business… 1 week at a time.. I game at a time.. ONE snap at a time… Everything outside the lines can just stay there..

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really really hope SF loses again next week. It might even knock them out of a wildcard spot

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How cool is it to no longer even care if you beat SF on their turf?

Oh I care. We need to beat them like a bad habit!!! :yahoo:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I care. We need to beat them like a bad habit!!! :yahoo:

You bet, but not having any post season implication on that game is awesome.

Now again we have to take care of every home game to meet that otherwise the formula could change. I'm not sure who gets HFA if we lose to say the Rams and SF, but win all of the others including @NYG.

Would be best to just win out until the last week and sit all of the starters vs the Rams. Now that would rock. :suds: