• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks banner will fly over Candlestick

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also found it rather ironic that whisies couldn't back up his claims about RW, kept deflecting and basically used troll behavior to defend his board by calling names.

Actually I directly addressed it:

I'm not sure if there are any stats on in pocket versus out of the pocket. Do the exist? Anyway, I don't think he's particularly good in the pocket (mainly because his midgness means he can't see over it). He's very good when rolling out and scrambling and teams don't cover his WRs. If you want more info on the topic then see basically every post Crimson has ever made about Wilson as a pocket passer.

My whole complaint stemmed from Seahawks trolls either doing the usual troll baiting, or coming on to the 49er board to spew their subjective pro-Seahawks propaganda. There's a place for that, and it's this board. Here is where you post the funny memes of Vernon Davis crying and do all the "Forty Niners suck" and "Russell Wilson>Peyton Manning" talk. Because, you know, this is the Seahawks board. The other board is the 49ers board. That's where 49ers fans can make fun of Pete Carroll's stupid gum-chewing face and call the whole team a bunch of cheating bums. Because, you know, that's the 49ers board.

And if you want to come to our board and talk football and share your opinion and have a discussion, great. You in particular seem like a chill, reasonable, sociable bro. Come on over and talk some football if you feel so inclined. But for the other posters who feel the need to just hover over the 49ers board just to talk crap or pimp Russell Wilson and tell us how amazing he is for the 100th time- please, stop.

Anyway, this was an interesting little trip across enemy lines. It's interesting to see how the other half lives, I've never gone on to an opposing team's board before. You seem like a good bunch, it's too bad that the small minority of obnoxious Seahawks fans give the good ones a bad name. Isn't that just how sports works though? We have some bad fans ourselves I'm sure.

Good luck on Sunday guys.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My whole complaint stemmed from Seahawks trolls either doing the usual troll baiting, or coming on to the 49er board to spew their subjective pro-Seahawks propaganda. There's a place for that, and it's this board. Here is where you post the funny memes of Vernon Davis crying and do all the "Forty Niners suck" and "Russell Wilson>Peyton Manning" talk. Because, you know, this is the Seahawks board. The other board is the 49ers board. That's where 49ers fans can make fun of Pete Carroll's stupid gum-chewing face and call the whole team a bunch of cheating bums. Because, you know, that's the 49ers board.

And if you want to come to our board and talk football and share your opinion and have a discussion, great. You in particular seem like a chill, reasonable, sociable bro. Come on over and talk some football if you feel so inclined. But for the other posters who feel the need to just hover over the 49ers board just to talk crap or pimp Russell Wilson and tell us how amazing he is for the 100th time- please, stop.

Anyway, this was an interesting little trip across enemy lines. It's interesting to see how the other half lives, I've never gone on to an opposing team's board before. You seem like a good bunch, it's too bad that the small minority of obnoxious Seahawks fans give the good ones a bad name. Isn't that just how sports works though? We have some bad fans ourselves I'm sure.

I must say of all the 49ers posters, your one of the last one I'd picked to post here. Your welcome to whenever ( with in bounds). I get why you hate to have Seahawks fans gushing about the Seahawks or Russell Wilson on the 49er board. Especially this year, when the Seahawks, are at least so far having a better year. I think back when 49ers posters were doing the same about Kaep last year on ESPN Seahawks board, I didn't like it at all. Just keep in mind that they really do not mean to be trolling, it's just a natural reaction or over reaction when your pleased as punch about your QB or team.

Slowly but surely both boards are clearing out the trolls and hopefully in the future both boards can interact with out the stupidity that ESPN created.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the 49ers fans want to counter the Seahawks fans flying a banner by putting up a billboard by the Clink.

Seattle Billboard Fund by Aasheesh Shravah - GoFundMe

This what it says.......

After lots of discussion in the 49er Faithful group (and based on the great idea of Michael Narvios), a lot of us have decided to counter the Seahawk's plan of flying a plane with a banner around Candlestick by placing a billboard showing the greatness of the 49ers right by Century Link Field.

This group has been created to raise funds to place a billboard within half a mile of Century Link Field. Seahawk fans raised 2k, we can raise a lot more. We have contacted a company in Seattle with multiple billboard ad locations around Century Link, all within 1/2 mile. We are looking to raise about 7-8k to keep our ad there for at least 1 month, all during December and some of January for their playoff games.

A GoFundMe account has been set up, everything will be transparent, and tells you what our goal is and how much we raised. Screenshots will be posted of where the billboard will be placed, of all costs, and constant posts on where we are with the funds, as well as photos of where we plan to place the billboard. We can even generate some press with this! If there are any extra funds, they will be donated to an SF charity we can vote on. Not any money will be used for this site or for anything but the billboard and for charity. If we do not receive the goal of 7k, everyone's money will be refunded. The goal will give us 4 weeks of ad placement.

:lol:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it make for a great rivalry. I just hope that as long as both teams continue to do this, they should stay within the boundaries of what's acceptable.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Candlestick….. The 49rs are leaving San Fran ? This is probably old news but I just now read it… There moving to Santa Clara ? WTF that kinda sucks for San Fran fans…

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No offense, but it is nearly impossible to come to the 9'er board and have a normal conversation. I've been over there a few times and no matter how civil and on point a post is by a Seahawk there is always some asshat 9'er fan telling us to basically fuck off and they degrade the conversation.

It is more rare for a hawk fan to do the same here making it a much better idea to leave open conversations between both of our bases for this board. There are just too many on yours not adult enough to put their hate aside long enough to have a normal and rational discussion.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Candlestick….. The 49rs are leaving San Fran ? This is probably old news but I just now read it… There moving to Santa Clara ? WTF that kinda sucks for San Fran fans…

I don't think it makes that much of a difference considering Santa Clara isn't that far away from SanFran.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but it is nearly impossible to come to the 9'er board and have a normal conversation. I've been over there a few times and no matter how civil and on point a post is by a Seahawk there is always some asshat 9'er fan telling us to basically fuck off and they degrade the conversation.

It is more rare for a hawk fan to do the same here making it a much better idea to leave open conversations between both of our bases for this board. There are just too many on yours not adult enough to put their hate aside long enough to have a normal and rational discussion.

And wysies is one of the worst over there,just look at his/her posts.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the 49ers fans want to counter the Seahawks fans flying a banner by putting up a billboard by the Clink.

Seattle Billboard Fund by Aasheesh Shravah - GoFundMe

This what it says.......

After lots of discussion in the 49er Faithful group (and based on the great idea of Michael Narvios), a lot of us have decided to counter the Seahawk's plan of flying a plane with a banner around Candlestick by placing a billboard showing the greatness of the 49ers right by Century Link Field.

This group has been created to raise funds to place a billboard within half a mile of Century Link Field. Seahawk fans raised 2k, we can raise a lot more. We have contacted a company in Seattle with multiple billboard ad locations around Century Link, all within 1/2 mile. We are looking to raise about 7-8k to keep our ad there for at least 1 month, all during December and some of January for their playoff games.

A GoFundMe account has been set up, everything will be transparent, and tells you what our goal is and how much we raised. Screenshots will be posted of where the billboard will be placed, of all costs, and constant posts on where we are with the funds, as well as photos of where we plan to place the billboard. We can even generate some press with this! If there are any extra funds, they will be donated to an SF charity we can vote on. Not any money will be used for this site or for anything but the billboard and for charity. If we do not receive the goal of 7k, everyone's money will be refunded. The goal will give us 4 weeks of ad placement.

:lol:

Half a mile away? where lol,i bet it will not last long downtown without something happening to it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And wysies is one of the worst over there,just look at his/her posts.

I agree with this assessment.

On the SF board, everyone hates Toby. Only reason is he tells it like it is and they all think he is a Seahawk fans cuz he likes the way our team is built, coached, and plays. Kinda funny IMO.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this assessment.

On the SF board, everyone hates Toby. Only reason is he tells it like it is and they all think he is a Seahawk fans cuz he likes the way our team is built, coached, and plays. Kinda funny IMO.

With all due respect Uhsplit, your assessment of the Niner board's hatred for Toby is bullshit. The reason why he is hated is because he is a racist asshole who spews negativity ALL THE TIME. I'll give you two different examples. For racism, check out the Nelson Mandela thread on the Niner board and actually read all of his responses. For doom and gloom no matter what, consider that he predicted a loss vs the Redskins despite our team playing well and the Redskins playing like dog shit.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect Uhsplit, your assessment of the Niner board's hatred for Toby is bullshit. The reason why he is hated is because he is a racist asshole who spews negativity ALL THE TIME. I'll give you two different examples. For racism, check out the Nelson Mandela thread on the Niner board and actually read all of his responses. For doom and gloom no matter what, consider that he predicted a loss vs the Redskins despite our team playing well and the Redskins playing like dog shit.

Yeah, I've read some of Toby, and he reminds me of a SF SportsHoopla version of cottonmouth/santablade from CBS. He isn't quite Briwas, but if I was a 9ers fan, I'd be inclined to dislike the poster.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Briwas banned from this site?

Edit: I wasted my 100th post on this? SON OF A BITCH!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dred, I don't read all of the posts so I missed on any racist remarks. Yet the ones i did read are the ones I referenced earlier.
Sorry to apprear to support a racist as I have no interest in that.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I don't think you were appearing to support a racist, you were just mistaken on the reason why many people are annoyed with toby. That's good, it means you haven't been spending much time over their board where you could get in trouble! :wink: :suds:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I don't think you were appearing to support a racist, you were just mistaken on the reason why many people are annoyed with toby. That's good, it means you haven't been spending much time over their board where you could get in trouble! :wink: :suds:

:agree:

Just clarifying the hate. The fact that he hearts PC and raves about the Hawks is simply the straw that breaks the camels back for us lol

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the banner. Had I not known about it before hand i definitely would not have seen it. Seemed like the plane was higher than the others.