• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks banner will fly over Candlestick

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems a group of Seahawks fans have fund raised enough money to hire a pilot to fly a "Go Seahawks-12" banner for 10-15 minutes over Candlestick right around kick off.

Not sure how I feel about that. We have great fans and all but this seems like a bit of taunting to me. Its their home game and they should be allowed to enjoy (right up until the point that Seattle starts pulling away :laugh3: at least). This will probably just encourage fans to do the same thing at our home games.

Not a big deal and in a way it's kinda cool, but I think just winning the game would be a better way to send a message.

Seattle Seahawks fans to fly banner over Candlestick on Sunday | FOX Sports on MSN

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems a group of Seahawks fans have fund raised enough money to hire a pilot to fly a "Go Seahawks-12" banner for 10-15 minutes over Candlestick right around kick off.

Not sure how I feel about that. We have great fans and all but this seems like a bit of taunting to me. Its their home game and they should be allowed to enjoy (right up until the point that Seattle starts pulling away :laugh3: at least). This will probably just encourage fans to do the same thing at our home games.

Not a big deal and in a way it's kinda cool, but I think just winning the game would be a better way to send a message.

Seattle Seahawks fans to fly banner over Candlestick on Sunday | FOX Sports on MSN

I wouldn't feel to happy if the 9ers flew a flag over the CLink, but as long as the people involved are not affiliated with the Hawks organization let 'em do whatever they want. I don't think I like the idea of the team being involved in this.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't feel to happy if the 9ers flew a flag over the CLink, but as long as the people involved are not affiliated with the Hawks organization let 'em do whatever they want. I don't think I like the idea of the team being involved in this.

It is being done through the norcal Seahawk fan club guys from my understanding and any donations if they do not fly it goes to WoundedWarrior or some Vet outfit.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it turns into a big story down in San Francisco, I doubt anyone will even notice it. There's a Geico banner that someone flies over Safeco Field before Mariners games and I bet hardly anyone notices it because it doesn't get publicized.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is being done through the norcal Seahawk fan club guys from my understanding and any donations if they do not fly it goes to WoundedWarrior or some Vet outfit.

More power to them then!! I have no probs with this! :suds:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it turns into a big story down in San Francisco, I doubt anyone will even notice it. There's a Geico banner that someone flies over Safeco Field before Mariners games and I bet hardly anyone notices it because it doesn't get publicized.

I dont see the issue either,like you said many will not even notice i bet and i know from being in that area it can very foggy at times.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see a big contingent of Seahawks fans in the crowd like we've had for other road games this year. That would be more noticeable and should get a bigger reaction than flying a banner over the stadium would.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only worry is the thug life mentality of today's Candlestick Niner fan vs. smart ass sign from a plane. I question how safe that is for SEA fans going to that game. By no means do I condone violence, as I no longer go to Candlestick because of it and this seems to be poking the already pissed off bear that is the thugs that go to those games looking to start shit.

Aside from that, IDGAF what signs are flying by. Best way to shoot it down is with a home team blowout.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only worry is the thug life mentality of today's Candlestick Niner fan vs. smart ass sign from a plane. I question how safe that is for SEA fans going to that game. By no means do I condone violence, as I no longer go to Candlestick because of it and this seems to be poking the already pissed off bear that is the thugs that go to those games looking to start shit.

Aside from that, IDGAF what signs are flying by. Best way to shoot it down is with a home team blowout.

Seattle put police in 9er jerseys in the stands. Shouldn't SF consider similar actions after the issues that they have had there?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle put police in 9er jerseys in the stands. Shouldn't SF consider similar actions after the issues that they have had there?

I would be a HUGE proponent of that. The last game I went to, I saw a knife fight between a Rams fan and a Niner fan in the parking lot after the game. There is a reason I steer clear of that place. I'm a grown ass man with a family, I'm not trying to get killed when I have a sweet 60" HDTV at home with a matching recliner.

But I would be for WHATEVER security it would need to clean that place up. A lot of us real Niner fans are hoping the new stadium prices these thugs out of the game experience.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I have a friend going to the game and I warned her to stay in a large group and keep clear of any altercation, especially if they tailgate, because that is when the banner will be flying. The banner seems like a good idea to show the team support from the 12's, but it can put people in a bad spot if walking by some idiots.

I know there are idiots who are fans of every team, so I am not implying Niner fans are idiots, but as you said, it seems that the Stick seems to attract some thugs for whatever reason.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and btw, we appreciate you, sickness and yoss over here on this board. I wish those of us who want to talk football could be tolerated on your board if we stay on topic. I think a couple of you have defended us, so thats cool.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and btw, we appreciate you, sickness and yoss over here on this board. I wish those of us who want to talk football could be tolerated on your board if we stay on topic. I think a couple of you have defended us, so thats cool.

I've defended you guys in the past but it really boils down to this. The Niner board has been active for awhile now, having already dealt with mass exodus from ESPN twice, meaning trolls squared. So the tolerance for those that act out is slim to none. So when posters on this board migrate to the Niner board at the same time and only a few are talking shit, the whole lot is now quilty by association and gets ousted as well. That was what had to be done after the first ESPN exodus and they are doing it again. Those Hawk fans like UhSplit and Harold who just came from the ESPN boards recently know the stupidity that was cross-team trolling. The Niner board is chalk full of personalities that know their ball...it's also a culture of sorts as well. Our board has a team of rottweilers manning the controls, you guys are the golden retriever equivalent of mods. It is what it is. Now to learn to co-exist. lol

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is great. It would be cool if we could do this every week, make it a tradition. Sort of like WSU waving the flag on college gameday.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've defended you guys in the past but it really boils down to this. The Niner board has been active for awhile now, having already dealt with mass exodus from ESPN twice, meaning trolls squared. So the tolerance for those that act out is slim to none. So when posters on this board migrate to the Niner board at the same time and only a few are talking shit, the whole lot is now quilty by association and gets ousted as well. That was what had to be done after the first ESPN exodus and they are doing it again. Those Hawk fans like UhSplit and Harold who just came from the ESPN boards recently know the stupidity that was cross-team trolling. The Niner board is chalk full of personalities that know their ball...it's also a culture of sorts as well. Our board has a team of rottweilers manning the controls, you guys are the golden retriever equivalent of mods. It is what it is. Now to learn to co-exist. lol

I hear ya. I was over at ESPN as well. More of a reader than a poster at the time. It got rediculous at the end. Supersbowl, Juice, etc.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be a HUGE proponent of that. The last game I went to, I saw a knife fight between a Rams fan and a Niner fan in the parking lot after the game. There is a reason I steer clear of that place. I'm a grown ass man with a family, I'm not trying to get killed when I have a sweet 60" HDTV at home with a matching recliner.

But I would be for WHATEVER security it would need to clean that place up. A lot of us real Niner fans are hoping the new stadium prices these thugs out of the game experience.

:agree:

Been to Candlestick once and watched a Rams - Niners game of all things, wore a Seahawks sweatshirt got one thumbs down from drunkard who walked past me entering the game but this was a few years back before the bathroom preseason murder at a Raiders - Niners game.

I agree too many stupid thugs show up at bay area sporting events, A's and Giants games are chill for the most part as are Warriors games you just have to keep an eye out for idiots fueled up on alcohol or drugs though. Football leads to people wanting to be hard-asses more in my opinion with the Raiders " black hole " and many of their thugish on the Niner band wagon for now I don't see going to an NFL game at Candlestick or O.co .

It might be better in your new home next season but I guess we will see how things shake down, the increase in ticket cost should prohibit a lot of dumbasses from being able to afford to see games in person.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Violence at sports games is beyond asinine. A little spirited smack talk is all well and good but we're all still countrymen for fuck's sake! Rivals and enemies aren't necessarily the same thing.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good post Dredinis. One other thing I would add is in the past there hasn't been a active Seahawks board or Green Bay ,Cowboy, Redskin board etc., so the 49er board was an island unto itself and posters there have come to enjoy that. I see posters from the Seahawk board go over there not to troll, but to talk about the Seahawks in threads about the Seahawks. 49ers fans really don't want to hear from gung-ho Seahawks fans gush about the Seahawks on their board. Down the road that could change, because now that other boards are active, posters from other teams are stopping in. Must be a shock for 49ers fans.

I want to point out that there is a general NFL board to interact with posters from other teams.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been to the general board but I keep hearing that is where the majority of trolling occurs. I understand the Niner fans have their board and noone has bugged them for a while, I just thought a couple of them were crying troll for no apparent reason. None of us got a ban, so the "tough Niner mods" must have agreed with me. I also found it rather ironic that whisies couldn't back up his claims about RW, kept deflecting and basically used troll behavior to defend his board by calling names.

The real reason I went there was because at the beginning of the season, some there were bitching that we came over after one of their losses and didn't even participate in the discussion during the week, so I was making an attempt to discuss the upcoming HUGE DIVISION game that is occurring on Sunday.