• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Score Predictions: Nebraska @ Wisconsin

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington averaged 36 points per game against the #28th ranked overall defense, the #30th ranked overall defense, and the #52nd ranked overall defense......

Washington > NIU

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say this? All that I said is an offense that dominated their other three opponents is not an offensive to laugh at when compared to Washington, Wyoming, and Fresno. I'm still missing how this is even an argument. Washington's offense is the best of the bunch, and they lost a first round pick from a squad that only scored more than 35 once. Meanwhile, Northern Illinois topped that in 4 of their last 5 games, including one against Fresno.

Seriously, is this National Let's Be Ridiculously Stubborn Day? I'm always stubborn, but i'm not used to people being more stubborn in response.

Here:

I'm not going to count the first game when I consider my analyses of our defense. Borland didn't play much and Taylor didn't play at all. Those are our two best defenders, and they weren't really there.

In the three games since, this defense had let up two TDs. One was given up by the backups last week after our backup QB threw an interception. The only TD that our first string defense has allowed all year was against Northern Illinois, and they got to the five yard line on a deep pass. In total, then, our first string defense has given up five red zone yards that mattered.

I don't know why you are mocking NIU's offense. They are led by a projected 2nd-3rd round quarterback, and have been putting up huge numbers on everyone else that they played. The same quarterback led them to 40 points against Fresno last year, which is nearly the same amount that you guys scored. I'm not saying that we have faced offenses as good as Nebraska's, but certainly NIU's offense is better than Washington's, Fresno's, and Wyoming's.

You did not come out and say you have an awesome defense. I will give you that. You did say or at least implied if I might say,that your defense is good and measured that "analysis" by NIU's offense.

And I don';t know why you are getting so upset. I never said your defense is bad. I said your reference for measuring is skewed.

Also when it comes time to eat crow I want it clear that I have made no prediction, have not said one thing that Nebraska would do.

I'm not talking shit. I just said that if you are boasting of your defense by NIU you may want to raise your standards.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, as much as it pains me to say this, Wisconsin needs to hang its hat on the offense this year, not the defense. Our Dline lost Watt and is getting there but not there yet, our secondary is missing two starters (and while the replacements are fine, they don't have stellar 3rd stringers, so...), and our linebackers are great but also not at the consistency they need to be at yet.

Our offensive line is tremendously good. Our receivers are good though I'd argue not at an elite level, though they sure can block. Our TEs are consistent and competent at both catching and blocking. Our halfbacks are a tremendous tandem, and can both catch as well. Our fullback is both a great blocker and can catch too. Our quarterback is very efficient and can scramble or run designed draws, and I would not be terribly surprised to see us run one or two Nebraska-style option plays on Saturday.

If I had to pick the best unit on our team, it wouldn't be the defense. Weird as it is after having so many years of needing our defense to cover for our offense, the last year and a third with Tolzien and Wilson has been the opposite. Wonder if there's any correlation to the fact that the last two have been so efficient passing? Hmmmm....

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, as much as it pains me to say this, Wisconsin needs to hang its hat on the offense this year, not the defense. Our Dline lost Watt and is getting there but not there yet, our secondary is missing two starters (and while the replacements are fine, they don't have stellar 3rd stringers, so...), and our linebackers are great but also not at the consistency they need to be at yet.

Our offensive line is tremendously good. Our receivers are good though I'd argue not at an elite level, though they sure can block. Our TEs are consistent and competent at both catching and blocking. Our halfbacks are a tremendous tandem, and can both catch as well. Our fullback is both a great blocker and can catch too. Our quarterback is very efficient and can scramble or run designed draws, and I would not be terribly surprised to see us run one or two Nebraska-style option plays on Saturday.

If I had to pick the best unit on our team, it wouldn't be the defense. Weird as it is after having so many years of needing our defense to cover for our offense, the last year and a third with Tolzien and Wilson has been the opposite. Wonder if there's any correlation to the fact that the last two have been so efficient passing? Hmmmm....

A very honest assessment of your team(more honest than I can be about mine)

Heres how I see the Badgers.

O-Line- Best in the nation with size and speed maybe, no doubt the best in the B1G

Recievers- nice compliment to the line Toon being the real stand out top half of the B1G

QB- With the limited amount we ve seen from him I wont say best in the Conf but is
prolly in the top 3 and top 2 as far as NFL quality.

RBs- compliment each other nicely and give Wisky a threatening run attack.

Defense - I dont think I can assess the D fairly because I honestly dont believe they have been tested at all in the preseason. They look very good but usually faced teams that were wore out or had given up by the third quarter.

I hope that they arent as good as they look.

wiscohusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say UW by 2 TDs. But that sets up some good video of the potential CCG later in Detroit...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say it'll be a high scoring game. I'll go 40-30 Nebraska. I'm pulling for you guys anyway. One less space on the bandwagon this week! ;)

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest view:

If Wisconsin scores first, especially if that score is a TD, they win by at least 2 TDs.

If Nebraska scores first, the game is won in the 4th quarter by someone (could go either way).

If either team has more than one turnover, they will lose.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest view:

If Wisconsin scores first, especially if that score is a TD, they win by at least 2 TDs.

If Nebraska scores first, the game is won in the 4th quarter by someone (could go either way).

What if Wisconsin scores first, but Nebraska blocks the XP and runs it back for 2 points?

Just wondering....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Florida was a 3 point favorite over Pitt tonight, but are losing by 24.

A 27 point error the wrong way by the oddsmakers. How can this be?

Nebraska 36
Wisconsin 26

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Florida was a 3 point favorite over Pitt tonight, but are losing by 24.

A 27 point error the wrong way by the oddsmakers. How can this be?

Nebraska 36
Wisconsin 26

rep

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest view:

Well I got one out of three right.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I'm eating crow is if Wisconsin beats us big.........I've stated that Nebraska must play to their full potential in order for us to win.............now I'm just putting my belief in the fact that we will do that.

Wisconsin won't beat us big.

Hi.