• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Score Predictions: Nebraska @ Wisconsin

wiscohusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's funny because not even the smart Badger fans on this board think Husker fans will be there in droves.....

I remember the Domers thought we wouldn't represent.....

I think Wisky will be surprised just how many Huskers be invading their turf.....

oooh, and unrelated, I may get tickets to go to The Big House......

Trust me, there is a HUGE Husker following in Madison, and this was before we joined the B1G. I'm not saying there won't be a lot of fans there, I'm only saying it's gonna be L-O-U-D! and fun....

huskerbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tired of the doom and gloom and the pussy 34-33 Husker "win" predictions.

Who is Wisconsin anyway? We'll beat Wisconsin 27-13. Rex tops 200 yards. Now that's a prediction with balls!

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40-31 gay beavers

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34-24 Wisconsin

Hope im wrong with the winner pick ;)

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38-28 Badgers sounds about right.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny because not even the smart Badger fans on this board think Husker fans will be there in droves.....

I remember the Domers thought we wouldn't represent.....

I think Wisky will be surprised just how many Huskers be invading their turf.....

oooh, and unrelated, I may get tickets to go to The Big House......
Me too! We'll have to tailgate together.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
45-23 Wisconsin. The game will be more of a blowout than that score indicates (You guys will score a TD off a Brennan pick in garbage time). The Nebraska offense gets a lot of yards, but gets stopped repeatedly in the red zone.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ That be interesting to me.............

Both teams are allowing opponents to score TD's right now 50% of the time their opponents are reaching the red zone.

Both teams are also converting redzone trips into TD's at a very high clip on offense.

Wisconsin's D becomes world-beaters Saturday? :noidea:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ That be interesting to me.............

Both teams are allowing opponents to score TD's right now 50% of the time their opponents are reaching the red zone.

Both teams are also converting redzone trips into TD's at a very high clip on offense.

Wisconsin's D becomes world-beaters Saturday? :noidea:

I'm not going to count the first game when I consider my analyses of our defense. Borland didn't play much and Taylor didn't play at all. Those are our two best defenders, and they weren't really there.

In the three games since, this defense had let up two TDs. One was given up by the backups last week after our backup QB threw an interception. The only TD that our first string defense has allowed all year was against Northern Illinois, and they got to the five yard line on a deep pass. In total, then, our first string defense has given up five red zone yards that mattered.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this will be the first game where all 3 of Nebraska's All-American defenders will be on the field at the same time.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We is screwed guise! Dis be the best team in histery!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this will be the first game where all 3 of Nebraska's All-American defenders will be on the field at the same time.

Yep, I get that. I just feel that our defense has less weaknesses, and Russell Wilson's scrambling ability makes it really easy to exploit opponent's defensive weaknesses. Between our offensive line and Russell's movement, your secondary/linebackers will have to be able to defend two good wide receivers, a good tight end, and one of the best receiving backs in the country (plus, a decent receiving fullback) for five-six seconds. I just don't see that happening.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now, you're getting it. Seriously, though, this is the best Wisconsin team in my lifetime, and considering they sucked before my lifetime, that means this probably is our best team ever.

Are their better teams out there? Sure. Are there teams that are more consistently solid? No, i don't think so. Wisconsin has less amazing players than we did a year ago, but we make up for it because we don't have any real holes. These guys aren't like my Chicago Bears, where they have some great players but areas that you know need improvement. Outside of depth, there aren't any real glaring weaknesses on our team.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROFLMAO!!!!

Yeah, Nebraska's offense is so similar to Northern Illinois and South Dakota?!?!?

Seriously, this guy is hilarious.....I have no problem with folks picking Wisconsin by even as much as two td's, but this tool thinks Wisconsin is going to effectively beat Nebraska by 30 fucking points before a garbage touchdown???????

LOLOLOLOLOL

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

This is a good Wisconsin team. But Bo Pelini has lost 1 game by double-digits in the past 3 seasons, and that was a 12 point loss in the Bowl game that we laid over in last season.

I would bet my life that we don't lose by THAT much this Saturday.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, you're getting it. Seriously, though, this is the best Wisconsin team in my lifetime, and considering they sucked before my lifetime, that means this probably is our best team ever.

Are their better teams out there? Sure. Are there teams that are more consistently solid? No, i don't think so. Wisconsin has less amazing players than we did a year ago, but we make up for it because we don't have any real holes. These guys aren't like my Chicago Bears, where they have some great players but areas that you know need improvement. Outside of depth, there aren't any real glaring weaknesses on our team.

There's only one team in the history of college football that could roll fellow top 10 teams by 30 points consistently......95 Huskers.....

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see, guys. The good thing about predicting individual football games is that there are quantatative winners and losers to arguments. If i'm wrong, i'll be more than happy to own up to it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm wrong, I am going to run away from this board so nobody can make fun of me :dance:

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to count the first game when I consider my analyses of our defense. Borland didn't play much and Taylor didn't play at all. Those are our two best defenders, and they weren't really there.

In the three games since, this defense had let up two TDs. One was given up by the backups last week after our backup QB threw an interception. The only TD that our first string defense has allowed all year was against Northern Illinois, and they got to the five yard line on a deep pass. In total, then, our first string defense has given up five red zone yards that mattered.

.....wait wait wait...you were playing teams better than fresno st. and washington and wyoming right???

....cause if you didn't (which, ahem, you didn't!!!) then saying how much your D has and hasnt allowed, then comparing that to nebraksa's offense, is an absolutely flawed argument....it would be absolutely retorted to even think that because your D only allowed 1TD against....northern illinois.....you will do the same to nebraska. now, it is completely possible that whiskey will shut down nebraska, but using your previous games in one of the weakest non-con schedules in the country is a horrible point to try and establish your argument