• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scenario: Kizer leaves for NFL Draft after the season, is Wimbush good enough to replace him?

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SCENARIO: Kizer leaves at the end of this season to enter the NFL Draft... do you think Wimbush could step up and be the new starter for Notre Dame. I mean he would have a whole off-season to improve and practice.

I don't know I thought this is a pretty good scenario and a good one to think about if it actually happens later this year. Also would we have a good 2nd String (Assuming Malik is also done then)

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wimbush is good enough to replace Kizer. If he red shirts this year, he will have three more years of eligibility. And Zaire has one more year of eligibility after this one.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I think all Wimbush really needs is more first team reps, which he'd likely get if Kizer bolts for the NFL. The coaches would almost certainly put him in direct competition with Zaire to start, they had to have done that to sell him on redshirting this year.

I think he's ready, and arguably could pass Zaire on the depth chart if given the chance.

I still think if Kizer enters the draft, Zaire, who will have graduated, may try his luck somewhere else rather than get into another QB battle. That would leave Wimbush as the presumptive starter and then who, Ian Book? We'd be pretty thin again until Jurkovec gets on campus in 2018.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SCENARIO: Kizer leaves at the end of this season to enter the NFL Draft... do you think Wimbush could step up and be the new starter for Notre Dame. I mean he would have a whole off-season to improve and practice.

I don't know I thought this is a pretty good scenario and a good one to think about if it actually happens later this year. Also would we have a good 2nd String (Assuming Malik is also done then)
Well Wimbush would have to beat out MZ. Im from NJ and have seen wimbush play. He is going to be special.

To be honest I would like to see Kizer stay(man he would be Heisman Fav). ND would have a strong chance of having a special season if he stayed 1 more year. That would mean MZ transfers and Wimbush is now the top back up.