• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB48 predictions

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is all on peyton manning we are a far more balanced team than they are. the only thing that they are better than us is QB and their WR corp in every other fashion of the game we come up better.

their run game has been very avg in the playoffs, in the game against NE peyton threw for 400 yards and 2 TDs and they only won by 10 points.... he isnt going to throw for 400 yards on us so its going to be a close game

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I further predict Seattle starts off slow again and Denver has the lead at the end of the first quarter, probably even half time. I believe the 3rd quarter is where things will change and the defense tightens up while the offense gets going.

I do think Lynch will have a good game, but I also think he isn't likely to have more than 30-40y in the first half and I predict that every one of us will be yelling at the TV on those 1y runs. Carroll can't give up on the run as those teams that are based on the run and give up normally lose. Seattle can't win this game if they don't find a way to adjust and make yards on the ground. And I believe they will, but it will be in the second half before we see the big yards from it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle 27.
Denver 20.

The Beast 109 yds.
Percy 188 total yards. MVP.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another X-factor in this game could be Wilson's legs. He has not been able to run much lately because of fast LBs like SF has, but I don't think DEN has LBs that can keep up with RW. I can see RW having a very big day running and throwing and winning the MVP.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks win 20-17 on Hauschka game winning FG.

Wilson MVP because he took control of the game on the game winning drive.

GO HAWKS!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see people in this thread giving Wilson 50+ Rushing yards in this game. I believe many of you have the same feeling i have. For Seattle to win Wilson has to look like he did at the end of last season. His 50-70+ rushing yards will open everything else up, Something he has not did a lot of lately. In his last 6 he has averaged 16 yards per game rushing. Also our offense has looked out of sync. We need Russell to get those yards and it will totally open up this game. If he gets 50+ rushing and Lynch is over 100 i see a victory. No Score from me. i believe in Karma and when you spit out a score it can lead to bad karma if someone is offended by it lol. During the season i would say a score but i wont now. To much of a big time game. Need all the good luck we can get.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle 37
Denver 31

Lynch Smashes 1 in ala Ahmad Bradshaw(think that is the right Giants RB) in SB XLVI vs New England with 1:32 left. Manning drives to the Seattle 23. Cross to D. Thomas....................

Intercepted by Richard sherman. with 23 seconds left

MVP: Wilson

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks lost to the Bears in the playoffs in 2006 and it was a great game. I re-watched that one a couple of times. I actually consider Denver and Manning to be pretty classy and if Seattle weren't playing them I'd be rooting for Peyton to get his second ring. That said, I hopeManning throws 5 picks and they lose by 20. What can I say? I'm far more of a Hawk's fan than I am a fan of a nice organization like Denver. :suds:

It's amazing from '05-present how many times we played the Bears in regular and post season. Win or lose they were some good games. No doubt I would be rooting for Manning too, just not this year. I truly feel if Seattle's D can hold Manning too 250yds/2 TD's/1 int for the game, I think we win this game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another X-factor in this game could be Wilson's legs. He has not been able to run much lately because of fast LBs like SF has, but I don't think DEN has LBs that can keep up with RW. I can see RW having a very big day running and throwing and winning the MVP.

I don't think they're going to be able to contain him. Teams like SF and St. Louis have defenses built to stop Wilson (and just about everyone else for that matter) without having to sell out too much. I see Wilson breaking contain a bit and picking up some big yards with his legs.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is all on peyton manning we are a far more balanced team than they are. the only thing that they are better than us is QB and their WR corp in every other fashion of the game we come up better.

their run game has been very avg in the playoffs, in the game against NE peyton threw for 400 yards and 2 TDs and they only won by 10 points.... he isnt going to throw for 400 yards on us so its going to be a close game
Just for kicks `o wise one, you should ck stats between Lynch and Moreno.
Lynch- 1573 14 tds
Moreno-1586 13 tds
Now it looks like a push on the rbs. OOPS!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that think Seattle is more balanced than Denver....It's just not true.

Denver finished 1st in Pass offense and 15th in rushing offense. Seattle finished 26th in pass offense and 4th in rush offense. If you actually look at YPG, the run offenses are actually very similar as Seattle avg 4.3 per carry and Denver avg 4.1 per carry

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that think Seattle is more balanced than Denver....It's just not true.

Denver finished 1st in Pass offense and 15th in rushing offense. Seattle finished 26th in pass offense and 4th in rush offense. If you actually look at YPG, the run offenses are actually very similar as Seattle avg 4.3 per carry and Denver avg 4.1 per carry

We're talking balance in terms of offense and defense. The defense gets all the press, which makes sense given their #1 status, but the Seahawks had the 8th highest scoring offense in the league this year. Top 10 in both scoring offense and scoring defense is more balanced than the #1 scoring offense paired with the #22 scoring defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking balance in terms of offense and defense. The defense gets all the press, which makes sense given their #1 status, but the Seahawks had the 8th highest scoring offense in the league this year. Top 10 in both scoring offense and scoring defense is more balanced than the #1 scoring offense paired with the #22 scoring defense.
with 1/4 to 1/3 of those points a direct reflection of turnovers. without them you probably wouldn't be better than 18-20 scoring offense. probably wouldn't have even been in the playoffs if that was the case. Your conference game win was a perfect example of that, No turnovers = 9ers would have won.

I wouldn't count on all that too much, Denver was top 4 on both sides of the ball last year, we all know how that worked out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronco fans/supporters, feel free to add your own predictions, but keep the debates on others predictions for the 10+ threads already spun up on the main board. This thread is just a place to put your money where your mouth is and put up your predictions for the record for use after the game. Predict the score, passing yards for manning, whatever you feel strongly about and we will see who was more on target for all of it when the dust settles Sunday night.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with 1/4 to 1/3 of those points a direct reflection of turnovers. without them you probably wouldn't be better than 18-20 scoring offense. probably wouldn't have even been in the playoffs if that was the case. Your conference game win was a perfect example of that, No turnovers = 9ers would have won.

I wouldn't count on all that too much, Denver was top 4 on both sides of the ball last year, we all know how that worked out.

If they got the turnovers, but didn't take advantage of them as often, they probably finish in the middle of the pack in scoring, but getting turnovers doesn't automatically translate to points. Yeah, they got good field position a lot thanks to the defense taking the ball away, but they still had to take advantage of those opportunities when they got them. Tampa Bay's defense forced 31 turnovers, which was good for 3rd in the league, but they finished with the 30th ranked scoring offense in the league. Getting turnovers is great, but you have to make them count and you can't make them count when your offense stinks.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they got the turnovers, but didn't take advantage of them as often, they probably finish in the middle of the pack in scoring, but getting turnovers doesn't automatically translate to points. Yeah, they got good field position a lot thanks to the defense taking the ball away, but they still had to take advantage of those opportunities when they got them. Tampa Bay's defense forced 31 turnovers, which was good for 3rd in the league, but they finished with the 30th ranked scoring offense in the league. Getting turnovers is great, but you have to make them count and you can't make them count when your offense stinks.
Indeed...and the hawks did an outstanding job of making that work for them

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for kicks `o wise one, you should ck stats between Lynch and Moreno.
Lynch- 1573 14 tds
Moreno-1586 13 tds
Now it looks like a push on the rbs. OOPS!!!

did you pull these numbers out your ass?

I see Moreno having 1179 yards and 11 TDs including playoffs

Lynch 1506 15 TDs. including playoffs

Advantage Seahawks.

In fact, Moreno is a VERY average RB. Never had a 40+ yard run in his career? Seriously?

PEDESTRIAN.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you pull these numbers out your ass?

I see Moreno having 1179 yards and 11 TDs including playoffs

Lynch 1506 15 TDs. including playoffs

Advantage Seahawks.

In fact, Moreno is a VERY average RB. Never had a 40+ yard run in his career? Seriously?

PEDESTRIAN.

I think he's referring to regular season total yards (rushing and receiving) because moreno has like 1000 rushing and over 500 receiving.

It's fair to say that numbers wise you could make the argument that Moreno is almost as productive as Marshawn, but watch the tape and watch the games...Marshawn is clearly the better rb.

It's no knock on Moreno but playing on possibly the greatest offense of all time helps out your stats. For example...who is the better wide receiver Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant or Eric Decker. Decker has more yards than Dez and about as much as Marshall but would anybody realistically take Decker over Brandon Marshall in his prime?

Marshall in that Broncos offense would have Calvin Johnson like numbers.

Point is...I'm not trying to discredit the Broncos skill position players at all...but stats can be misleading

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I see how he got those numbers. Doesnt change the fact that nobody fears Moreno, running or receiving. Its very unlikely either member of their duo has a good game against us.