• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saturday July 3rd Conversation: Dbacks vs. Liars

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was actually a sub-par performance for Uehara. But he got the zero on the right side of the scoreboard.

Good night.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Prado is the best clean up guy we have right now. We have done good with him there.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bE21IyL.jpg

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The d'backs baserunning is atrocious. Whether it is trying to steal bases or score at home, this team gets thrown out far too often. Pennington getting tagged out at home obviously changed the entire momentum of the game. Bases loaded for Goldschmidt with nobody out is completely different than first and second with one out, as you all know.

However, Kirk Gibson again chose to sit Pollock and play Kubel. There is no excuse for that. And look at Cody Ross today. He was the hero yesterday and today he was 0-4. These guys are consistently inconsistent.

The bottom line is this: the d'backs are not a good team. They are just not a good team. Last year they were 81-81 and this year they are virtually .500 so far. Does anybody actually think that the d'backs starting pitching compares to the dodgers? I do not think they are in the same universe. The dodgers starting pitching is so superior to the d'backs outside of Corbin it is not even fair.

I mentioned it earlier this week, Towers said publicly that there is no way that the dodgers will keep playing so well. I disagree with that for two reasons. One reason is because I believe it is a losers mentality to say oh we will be fine because the other team will start playing bad. And the other reason is because the dodgers probably have the best starting rotation in the National League. Why would they drop off? They have the pitching to stay hot. They prove that every single game they play.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The d'backs baserunning is atrocious. Whether it is trying to steal bases or score at home, this team gets thrown out far too often. Pennington getting tagged out at home obviously changed the entire momentum of the game. Bases loaded for Goldschmidt with nobody out is completely different than first and second with one out, as you all know.

However, Kirk Gibson again chose to sit Pollock and play Kubel. There is no excuse for that. And look at Cody Ross today. He was the hero yesterday and today he was 0-4. These guys are consistently inconsistent.

The bottom line is this: the d'backs are not a good team. They are just not a good team. Last year they were 81-81 and this year they are virtually .500 so far. Does anybody actually think that the d'backs starting pitching compares to the dodgers? I do not think they are in the same universe. The dodgers starting pitching is so superior to the d'backs outside of Corbin it is not even fair.

I mentioned it earlier this week, Towers said publicly that there is no way that the dodgers will keep playing so well. I disagree with that for two reasons. One reason is because I believe it is a losers mentality to say oh we will be fine because the other team will start playing bad. And the other reason is because the dodgers probably have the best starting rotation in the National League. Why would they drop off? They have the pitching to stay hot. They prove that every single game they play.

Don't be a buzzkill, dude!

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Matt Williams sending him in front of an MVP candidate is the worst mistake I have seen in awhile from him.

2. Pollock over Kubel shouldn't even be a discussion at this point. Gibby should have Pollock penciled in every day no matter what.

3. I don't think we are as good as LA right now either, we are just too young. But that doesn't mean I don't think we can have a punchers chance and compete for a playoff spot. We have some good young talent, they need to start considering using it.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team straight up has no speed.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think we would have a chance if Gibson would actually put his best players out there, which he does not do.

I think the best lineup we had was when Parra and Gregorious batted 1-2 in front of Goldschmidt. It was working so well earlier in the year and Gibson decided to scrap it.

Gregorious might have dropped off a lot, but he really started to drop off when he dropped to the bottom of the order. This team has way too many players at shortstop and in the outfield. Again I wonder what the hell Towers was thinking getting all these guys. If Bloomquist did not get hurt when he was hit by a pitch, the d'backs would have three shortstops that should play everyday in Gregorious, Pennington, and Bloomquist. Plus they have two third basemen in Prado and Chavez. Then they have five outfielders in Parra, Pollock, Eaton, Ross, Kubel, and even a sixth outfielder if they want in Prado.

What the hell is the point of having so much depth like that, especially when your starting rotation flat out sucks. Towers has spent so much money in a budget conscious team in terrible places. Ross, Kubel, McCarthy. Ross, Kubel, and McCarthy combine to make 18.75 million this year. Those are three guys that nobody even wants on the team. Ross and Kubel suck and McCarthy has been injured his entire career.

That is about 20 million dollars spent on players that should not even be on the team, for a team that does not have the luxury of wasting money. So the d'backs cannot afford a big name starter like Cliff Lee who makes 25 million a year, but they can throw away 20 million on three players who suck? The allocation of resources by this team is mind boggling.