• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Diego fan raises over $10k for billboards in LA

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has become a bit of a local hero in ex-Charger fan circles and on local radio. You might remember him as the fan that interrupted the Chargers LA rally back in January, shouting down Dean Spanos and flipping him off. Yeah, won't change anything, but kudos to this guy for calling out the NFL for what they are all about.

'Betrayed' Chargers Fan Raises Over $10,000 For Anti-NFL Billboards

Here are the 5 billboards that will be in plain view of players and fans on their way to the games.

DJn7CLJUQAA50Xt.jpg:large

DJn68ZGUEAA_IlS.jpg:large

DJZov5iU8AA2ZLX.jpg:large

DJn6_ATV4AAP_cR.jpg:large

DJn61WFV4AAEV1A.jpg:large

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad they couldn't raise money for a new stadjum instead.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly don't think it would have matter if they gave the Chargers a free state of the art stadium, ownership was hearing all the talk about how much money a move to LAX would make them.

I hope the stands stay empty.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that money would be better off used to help the hurricane victims

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think it would have matter if they gave the Chargers a free state of the art stadium, ownership was hearing all the talk about how much money a move to LAX would make them.

I hope the stands stay empty.

as a fan of a city that lost its team, i can relate.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a fan of a city that lost its team, i can relate.

Considering how the Browns have played since you got them back maybe they should have stayed gone.

Now, if any city wants a team I'll rent the U Haul and take the Jets there personally. Although I'd have to do the opposite of what Model did/ I'd move the Jets out in broad daylight and sneak them into the new city in the dead of night to avoid the inevitable blame

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine what we could have done if Spanos put his $650 million relocation fee toward a new stadium...

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the infections, 65%, are occurring among people who are homeless, who use illicit drugs or who experience a combination of those two factors.
The remaining cases include 23% in people associated with the homeless population, such as friends, and 12% in people who are lacking records and are most likely homeless, according to Wooten.

Well our mayor did say he wanted to fix the homeless problem.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember to repeat that when you tune in to watch the games on Sunday, helping to make them even richer. :thumb:
So I can't hate the the hierarchy of the NFL without enjoying my teams? Btw, I stream my games for free and order merch from china, so suck my hairy sack :thumb:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you can. Go nuts. Hate away.

What exactly do you hate about them?
I blame the NFLPA more than anyone, but Goodells handling of suspensions has been laughable. The way the NFL treats cities and relocation is pretty greasy. Owners for the most part I don't care about but when they are scum bags like Kroenke, Jimmy Haslam, Dan Snyder, and Jed York it makes it hard not to root for them falling down an elevator shaft.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I blame the NFLPA more than anyone, but Goodells handling of suspensions has been laughable.

Then you should equally blame the NFLPA for how they negotiated those term. Look at all the money Goodell and the owners are printing? He doesn't give a f**k if you think he's being fair. His job isn't to be fair; his job is to make the NFL swimming pools full of ca$h.

Goodell doesn't just pull suspension levels out of his ass. He's weighing the backlash of people like you (which is very small) against the backlash of people who would accuse him of being weak on things like the treatment of women (which would be huge). So you hate him for being amazing at his job.

The NFL is a business. You know what the point of a business is, right?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you should equally blame the NFLPA for how they negotiated those term. Look at all the money Goodell and the owners are printing? He doesn't give a f**k if you think he's being fair. His job isn't to be fair; his job is to make the NFL swimming pools full of ca$h.

Goodell doesn't just pull suspension levels out of his ass. He's weighing the backlash of people like you (which is very small) against the backlash of people who would accuse him of being weak on things like the treatment of women (which would be huge). So you hate him for being amazing at his job.

The NFL is a business. You know what the point of a business is, right?
Thanks for the condescending reply bud, you completely missed what I was saying

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thanks for the condescending reply bud

I wasn't being condescending; I was asking a rhetorical question. I thought that was clear.

The point I was making is that expecting a business to act like a court of law is dumb. Courts need to be uniform with predetermined criteria unmoved by public opinion. Businesses absolutely move based on public opinion.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember to repeat that when you tune in to watch the games on Sunday, helping to make them even richer. :thumb:
I still watch the Chargers and cheer for the opposing team. I'll do so Sunday using my OTA antenna and no cable subscription. I also used to buy tons of Chargers gear and haven't done so in years. I still like the NFL but am rooting for a complete LA failure. It is possible to like a sport and completely disagree with how the league is run.

Boomer Sooner!!!